Biggest waste of a talent in football (2 Viewers)

Deep C

Apr 8, 2012
Someone mentioned Palladino and I think that's an excellent shout. I don't think I know a Juve fan who didn't expect him to be the second coming. But perhaps harsh to call it a "waste". At least on an Adriano/Cassano level, anyway.

Maybe one could make a play for Mirko? I honestly think he could have been a super star were it not for his obvious issues with putting the work in day in and day out.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Maybe one could make a play for Mirko? I honestly think he could have been a super star were it not for his obvious issues with putting the work in day in and day out.
Most definetaly sometimes you watch him play and you are simply awed. His game vs Chelsea when he as Roma :delpiero:

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Pato - I thought he was going to become a star. Injuries murdered his career.

Fernando Torres - I think he was one of the best #9 when he was at Liverpool but he turned in to shit after he moved to Chelsea. Dude got some mental problems.

Samir Nasri and Hatem Ben Arfa - I had high expectations from those when they were one of Europe's biggest talents back at Marseille but for all their time in England none of them has performed consistently.

Bayernstar

Heritage of Kahn
Mar 16, 2013
Definetly Paro.

Oh and there was some german dude 5-10 years back that was supposed to be next best thing, but due to some psycho issues never made it.
it's Sebastian Deisler you mean, former bayern player, he was indeed a big talent but he had unfortunately depression and couldn't play anymore, he was mental weak and the pressure as a professional footballer was too much for him.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think the US soccer fan base were hoping, more than anything.

Besides, he's hardly the first ethnically African player to explode at youth level and then disappear to nothingness. He might well have been fantastic back then, and you can only base hope (and hype) on that.
He did get the lion's share of MLS contract exceptions/salary cap blowouts at the age of 15 or something ridiculous like that.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: Actually, I think that cuntbag provocateur extraordinaire is the complete opposite. A player with an incredibly limited skill set who got incredibly far.

- - - Updated - - -

Definetly Paro.

Oh and there was some german dude 5-10 years back that was supposed to be next best thing, but due to some psycho issues never made it.
Diesler :heart: :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)