Biggest waste of a talent in football (4 Viewers)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
I will be original and say Del Piero.
He would be considered on the level of Maradona and Pele if this horrific injury didn't happen :sad:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I will be original and say Del Piero.
He would be considered on the level of Maradona and Pele if this horrific injury didn't happen :sad:
Thats not a 'waste' of talent though.

For me its Quaresma,Cassano even Riquelme is an excellent shout.

Also feel Tevez could've had a better career and done much bigger things if not for all his antics in England.

Pato seems to be heading in that direction as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Nani as well.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Thats not a 'waste' of talent though.
It's a waste, it wasn't his fault though :p

Anyone remembers Sporting youngster Fabio Paim? Best talent in championship manager 2004, Cristiano said about him :
“If you think I'm good, just wait until you see Fabio Paim”.
He was on a loan spell in Chelsea some years ago but wasted all his career, too much money and fame.

May 22, 2007
Quaresma was an amazing dribbler. But waste of talent? I wouldn't say so.

Good dribbler but a bad player. Bad positioning and understanding of the game.
Quaresma is more than dribbling, he has technical attributes that would stand out if he had the brain to support them. A huge waste when you think of how good he could have been, it has already been explained that he was supposed to be the star Portuguese winger over Ronaldo.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Quaresma is more than dribbling, he has technical attributes that would stand out if he had the brain to support them. A huge waste when you think of how good he could have been, it has already been explained that he was supposed to be the star Portuguese winger over Ronaldo.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

It's a waste, it wasn't his fault though :p

Anyone remembers Sporting youngster Fabio Paim? Best talent in championship manager 2004, Cristiano said about him :
“If you think I'm good, just wait until you see Fabio Paim”.
He was on a loan spell in Chelsea some years ago but wasted all his career, too much money and fame.
But he didnt waste his own talent which is what the idea of the thread is about.Unfortunate circumstances caused that.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Many South Americans would make this list.

I would throw Matias Fernandez and Nicolas Lodeiro in there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)