Big Luciano interview(27-06-2006) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geof

May 14, 2004
I read he said that he is saddened to be guilty before trial. That he and his family are touched by this.

He said he was no angel, but he worked in a world of devils, and rules are different with the Devil. "Oh", he said, "by devil I don't mean Milan".

Juventus knew what he and Giraudo were doing, and let him do, because that's how things go in Italian football.

He also said that Carraro (former FIGC president) was Anti-Juve, and that you had to support Carraro to gain support from him. What Moggi did, he did it to have Juventus on the same level as the other clubs.

------

In other words, we're pretty much screwed.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Juve's Moggi says "crucified" in Italy scandal

ROME, June 27 (Reuters) - The man at the centre of the Italy's worst soccer scandal in a generation said on Tuesday he had been "crucified" by the media and found guilty even before the start of a trial involving him, 25 others and four clubs.

Luciano Moggi, who resigned as general manager of champions Juventus after phone-taps showed him discussing the choice of referees with Football Federation officials, said he had become a scapegoat for a sport which was under the influence of many vested interests.

"Look, I'm not a saint but I've not been in the company of angels," Moggi said in a lengthy interview on RAI3 TV.

Moggi occasionally choked back tears in the interview in which he said he had only ever tried to ensure Juve received fair treatment from football authorities which often seemed to work against the club's interests.

He declined to specify what he meant in referring to powerful "lobbies" that influence the sport.

Portraying himself as a victim of the scandal, rather than the villain as he has been painted by many in Italy's media, Moggi said: "I am sickened by what's happening to me.

"I try to have inner peace, but now the problems of football don't interest me any more. I only watch football on TV because it's a world that has hurt me too much
."

Reuters

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I do belive that Monsters like Morrati and Berlusconi are doing the same for their teams but their phone have not been taped..

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Scandal kingpin 'treated like monster'

THE man at the centre of Italy's match-fixing and corruption scandal spoke about his ordeal overnight, claiming he has been treated like a monster.

"For two months I've been criticised by everybody, even before being judged (by a court) I've been crucified, my family has been destroyed," said former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi in TV interview.

"We have been with Giraudo (former club administrator Antonio Giraudo) described as monsters when not long ago we were the best."

AFP

BooQy

Jun 3, 2006
he fixed matches, its his fault we are going to serie b!!! fuck all the trophies, this is the worst time in the club history and its his fault!!!

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
Geof said:
I read he said that he is saddened to be guilty before trial. That he and his family are touched by this.

He said he was no angel, but he worked in a world of devils, and rules are different with the Devil. "Oh", he said, "by devil I don't mean Milan".

Juventus knew what he and Giraudo were doing, and let him do, because that's how things go in Italian football.

He also said that Carraro (former FIGC president) was Anti-Juve, and that you had to support Carraro to gain support from him. What Moggi did, he did it to have Juventus on the same level as the other clubs.

------

In other words, we're pretty much screwed.

The part in bold is gonna screw us up. We 'd have no defense whatsoever.

Sep 1, 2002
olly_nesta said:
c'mon guys... u all know that moggi, so as juve is guilty....
u're going down!!!
Sorry, I know you are probably not a native English speaker, but I didn't really get your meaning?

By the way, "MILAN DA BEST" is incorrect in so many ways.

Firstly, it should be written thus: Milan are the best.
Secondly, note the absence of capital letters.
Finally, Milan are not the best.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
bianconero said:
Sorry, I know you are probably not a native English speaker, but I didn't really get your meaning?

By the way, "MILAN DA BEST" is incorrect in so many ways.

Firstly, it should be written thus: Milan are the best.
Secondly, note the absence of capital letters.
Finally, Milan are not the best.
Don't waste your time on him mate. If he wanted to learn English, he would have left for Chelsea :p

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
bianconero said:
Not even Moggi denies any wrong doing: the question seems to be of degree.
Exactly. He seems to hint that there have been other forces too in calcio but who knows if they are only Moggi's way out of this mess. Surely these other 'capos' would've been revealed in the hearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)