Betting ''scandal'' 2023 (7 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Sandro Tonali's confession: "I bet on illegal platforms, including on Milan." But there's a twist: "I always bet to win." This truth may save him from wrongdoing. An agreement on a settlement is close, but the criminal investigation remains open. [@CorSport]

a twist:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Oh that makes it alright then. Watch him get a 3 months ban for this now.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Sandro Tonali's confession: "I bet on illegal platforms, including on Milan." But there's a twist: "I always bet to win." This truth may save him from wrongdoing. An agreement on a settlement is close, but the criminal investigation remains open. [@CorSport]

How can that save him from wrongdoing? Fags allegedly didnt bet on Juve or Cremonese at all, still got banned for 12 months that can be reduced to 7.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How can that save him from wrongdoing? Fags allegedly didnt bet on Juve or Cremonese at all, still got banned for 12 months that can be reduced to 7.
The difference is massive.

If you bet to win your on the pitch behaviour doesn't change. You're supposed to be doing everything you can to win. If you bet to lose, you might intentionally lose possession or score an own goal. In fact, one could even make the case that betting on winning shouldn't be illegal.

It won't save him completely though. Betting on Serie A games is illegal, simply because the rules make it illegal. This isn't some sort of moral argument.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

If you bet to win your on the pitch behaviour doesn't change. You're supposed to be doing everything you can to win. If you bet to lose, you might intentionally lose possession or score an own goal. In fact, one could even make the case that betting on winning shouldn't be illegal.
So if Fagioli did not only bet on other teams, but also on Juve and for Juve he always bet to win, he would be absolved of any wrongdoing instead of getting banned?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So if Fagioli did not only bet on other teams, but also on Juve and for Juve he always bet to win, he would be absolved of any wrongdoing instead of getting banned?
No, because the rules forbid betting on any Serie A games.

The article is wrong in the sense that it won't save him from at least a suspension because of this. But if Tonali bets on his team to lose, he could likely be facing much stronger and probably even criminal prosecution.

EDIT: also, to add, it's likely that betting on any Serie A games is forbidden, because it would invite players to make deals among themselves. You could bet on your own team to win with impunity and then share the spoils with someone on the other team. Or at the very least it could look like that to the outside public.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No, because the rules forbid betting on any Serie A games.

The article is wrong in the sense that it won't save him from at least a suspension because of this. But if Tonali bets on his team to lose, he could likely be facing much stronger and probably even criminal prosecution.

EDIT: also, to add, it's likely that betting on any Serie A games is forbidden, because it would invite players to make deals among themselves. You could bet on your own team to win with impunity and then share the spoils with someone on the other team. Or at the very least it could look like that to the outside public.
That's why these fuckers need to be banned for life.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
tonali might get a ban of 10-12 months with a plea deal. i wonder how the wording of the verdict will look like.

that is short for someone who has been breaching the rules for at least 4 years.

but it seems like all of the idiot kids involved in this lost money betting, so that's a mitigating factor, they weren't influencing games or using inside information, at least not with great success

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

He should have added: Your honor, I bet on illegal platforms, including on Milan. But I always bet to win, cuz I'm a winner. piz out! #winner4life

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

It won't save him completely though. Betting on Serie A games is illegal, simply because the rules make it illegal. This isn't some sort of moral argument.
What will save him in the end is that he doesn’t play for Juve.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
just an other day in the office for any random italian journalist

honestly i'm sick of italy. i still like the language, the historic culture, the geography, the sites, but boy, did it become a shithole when it comes to credibility, predictability and accountability

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)