Betting ''scandal'' 2023 (2 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
so some figc maths for the nerds:

- juve player reports himself, cooperates from day 1, never bet on his team, started rehabilitation on his own: banned for 12 months, 5 months deducted because of the therapy, effective ban is 7 months (~60% of the 12 months penalty)
- ex milan player gets reported by a whistle blower, first denies allegations (so lies to the authorities), then says that he gambled but not on his own teams, then blames everything on his addiction, starts rehabilitation and does a plea bargain after he has no other choice: banned for 18 months, 8 months deducted because of the therapy. effective ban is 10 months, of which ~2 months will be the summer break, so he'll effectively miss ~8 months (~45% of 18 months)

(the minimum ban for tonali should have been 3 years without a plea bargain)

you gotta love italian sports justice. it's really an unpredictable joke with absolutely zero transparency

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I hope Newcastle sue meelan for all they have.
Just for fun.
that will happen, calcioefinanza already wrote about it

what i'd love to see is how figc would react if newcastle won their lawsuit. it would automatically mean that milan knew about the guy's addiction, which is failing to report, which is ban worthy. :numnum:

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Read a comment from someone saying FIGC should release which games he bet on and the outcome of said games.

Entire league could unravel and to be honest I wouldn't care.

Would be bittersweet if Milan got relegated for faliure to report and Inter bankrupt for their seemly covered up large amount of debt.

Wonder how the "but we must cheer for Italian clubs in Europe" Juventini would feel then.

Strickland

May 17, 2019

- juve player reports himself, cooperates from day 1, never bet on his team, started rehabilitation on his own: banned for 12 months, 5 months deducted because of the therapy, effective ban is 7 months (~60% of the 12 months penalty)
- ex milan player gets reported by a whistle blower, first denies allegations (so lies to the authorities), then says that he gambled but not on his own teams, then blames everything on his addiction, starts rehabilitation and does a plea bargain after he has no other choice: banned for 18 months, 8 months deducted because of the therapy. effective ban is 10 months, of which ~2 months will be the summer break, so he'll effectively miss ~8 months (~45% of 18 months)

you gotta love italian sports justice. it's really an unpredictable joke with absolutely zero transparency
And Tonali apparently bet on Brescia while at Brescia, so effectively this thing for him was going on for at least 4 years. Fags was a next gen player before Cremonese..

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

i want to point out as far as i know denying you did something illegal is not a crime as far as i know anywhere in world.

rest i agree

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
international break is back, so news are back too: florenzi is under investigation :numnum:

the timing is impeccable. what a country

Rohambekaj

Mar 10, 2023
Personally, I think starting a thread with a number might just be the internet being its quirky self. Also, let me share a little story. Last year during the Premier League season, I had this wild bet going on with my buddies. We were all rooting for different teams, but one thing that brought us together was the thrill of the game. It's amazing how football can unite people, right?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)