Best Penalty kick taker? (1 Viewer)

cuore

Aug 10, 2005
whos your favorite penalty taker in football history? and why?

I would have to say Zidane. However I will never forget the time Pirlo chipped a PK over Buffon during the italian supercup in NYC. To me, that was amazing especially since trilli is so young and I have such respect for GIGI. What balls he has!

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I never got the chance to reply to your other post on Sinisa Mihajlovic, Dan, but I heartily agree: great free kicker, but deserves to have his ass kicked.

Ibrahimovic was a fool for getting a three-game bad over head-butting him last season, but Sinisa deserved every bit of that. :fero:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
Sinsa Mihaljovic is the best.

ROBERTO BAGGIO IS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST. He just f-ed up once.

Dec 27, 2003
Yeah in the serie A it would have to be Baggio. He scored something like 16 consecutive penos if I remember correctly, missing the 17th, which as you may know is an unlucky number in Italy. But then of course he also missed the one he never should have missed..

Van Basten was a great penalty taker as well, but just like Baggio he screwed up at the most crucial moment (Euro 92 semi).

Koeman : usually a bombshell that would leave a hole into the keeper's stomach.

Other candidates : Breitner, Michel, Maradona, Prosinecki...

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
Yeah in the serie A it would have to be Baggio. He scored something like 16 consecutive penos if I remember correctly, missing the 17th, which as you may know is an unlucky number in Italy. But then of course he also missed the one he never should have missed..

Van Basten was a great penalty taker as well, but just like Baggio he screwed up at the most crucial moment (Euro 92 semi).

Koeman : usually a bombshell that would leave a hole into the keeper's stomach.

Other candidates : Breitner, Michel, Maradona, Prosinecki...

platini?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Del Piero the best penalty taker in the world ever since he started to play for Juventus. One of the best ever :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
But then of course he also missed the one he never should have missed..

I think he got way more flak than he actually deserved for that one too. Most people seem to be ignorant of the fact that even if he had scored, it would'nt have sealed the cup.

Anyway cant pick a favourite as far as penalty takers go. But the two best penalties I've seen would have to be Maradona, Italia 90 semis against Italy. And Totti against the Netherlands in Euro 2000.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
mendieta was also amazing from the spot. whatever happened to him? still in boro?
good call. Yeah he's still in Boro, was injured for the majority of last season though. AFAIK he's back fully fit and should be in the side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)