Best Juventus center back this season? (1 Viewer)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Barza yet again had a rock solid season, so it is only natural most of the votes here goes to Andrea. When I think of all the games this season and try to remember one that he was way off and made a crucial mistake... can someone help? Yes, he was a bit unsure once or twice against Bayern in Germany and he has some guilt for Ibarbo`s goal last weekend (along with Marchisio), but other than that?

However, if I had to pick a "Juve defender of the season", the one that stood out and impressed the most, it has to be Leo. This was an outstanding season for our youngest CB, he turned from mediocre and erratic into good, and later I can honestly say - a world class defender. An incredible back three we have, for two seasons in a row - a Top 3 defence in Europe, no doubt about that.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He got injured before/during that Ibarbo goal, so can't really take the blame for that.

Bonucci was the best defender in both games against Bayern, I think that was too easily forgotten.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
People dissing bonucci, quite obviously dont know much about tactics.

Barzagli was best, bonucci tied with chiellini. and chiellini was pretty good

Jul 20, 2012
Barzagli has been the best. Not only does he always make some nice tackles but a few times he has made some really good runs up the field. Also is positioning is really great and he only missed 1 serie a match right? That is crazy

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
Barza yet again had a rock solid season, so it is only natural most of the votes here goes to Andrea. When I think of all the games this season and try to remember one that he was way off and made a crucial mistake... can someone help? Yes, he was a bit unsure once or twice against Bayern in Germany and he has some guilt for Ibarbo`s goal last weekend (along with Marchisio), but other than that?

Andrea has better performance last season IMO, he is little bit clumsy and had several wrong pass this season. But he still our best right now, maybe chiello would be better than him this season if it's not because the injury. Bonucci had a massive improvement this season compared to the last one.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012

Andrea has better performance last season IMO, he is little bit clumsy and had several wrong pass this season. But he still our best right now, maybe chiello would be better than him this season if it's not because the injury. Bonucci had a massive improvement this season compared to the last one.
oh god the De Ceglie defending in that :sergio:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You know, just wait a few weeks and this whole thread will be pointless once we do the annual player polls. :D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But Barzagli has also had a couple of shockingly off matches this past year, and not just in the CL. He's finally wearing down.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Depends what you mean by best...

best form: Bonucci easily
best by skill etc: Chiellini
best i.e. MVP, then: Barzagli

- - - Updated - - -

Chiellini is still our best and most important CB, our team looks so much worse when he is not playing.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I hope people understand the monumental difference between the position Bonucci plays and the position Barzagli and Chiellini play. The latter 2 play a much much tougher position. Bonucci is basically asked to clean up the mess after Barza and Chiellini destroy someone.

Yes, Bonucci on form does his job very well but it's still not a drastically overwhelming job. Meanwhile, Barzagli and Chiellini are asked to almost man mark top forwards game in and game out.

Barzagli has been the best this year due to consistency and durability. Chiellini at absolute peak form is the best we have but we rarely saw that form this year. To me, Bonucci is barely even in the conversation because he doesn't play a true centre back position. He plays sweeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)