Best Juventus center back this season? (3 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I hope people understand the monumental difference between the position Bonucci plays and the position Barzagli and Chiellini play. The latter 2 play a much much tougher position. Bonucci is basically asked to clean up the mess after Barza and Chiellini destroy someone.

Yes, Bonucci on form does his job very well but it's still not a drastically overwhelming job. Meanwhile, Barzagli and Chiellini are asked to almost man mark top forwards game in and game out.

Barzagli has been the best this year due to consistency and durability. Chiellini at absolute peak form is the best we have but we rarely saw that form this year. To me, Bonucci is barely even in the conversation because he doesn't play a true centre back position. He plays sweeper.
:tup:

Even though Chiello wasn't at his best throughout the whole season, he maintained a pretty good level throughout. He always matches his performance to the occasion.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
He's not even that good of a sweeper. Real sweepers are supposed to run up and attack at times. His ball skills are average and all he has is the long range passing. Not saying that's a bad thing, just that people need to stop overrating him.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Marrone has done exceptionelly well when called up. But given Barzagli is the player most featured of the entire squad and his performances (outpacing Hazard vs Chelsea) makes him an easy call.

FORZA BARZAGLI. Best in all of Italy and top 5 in the world.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
If Bonucci could eliminate the urge to take a horrible low shot completely wide from about 35m out every single fucking game I'd like him a lot more :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Barzagli by far!

Chiellini was again haunted by injuries and we missed him quite a lot, as we had nearly no clean seet during his absence.
As ppl said, he is our best defender, but not the best performer.

Bonucci has improved since last year, esp at long passing, which is the prime reason Conte uses him.
Unfortunately he is still uncapable of perfroming tackles and this was unbearable not so long time ago, for an Italian defender, but since we are Barca-nized, i guess we need our Piquet...

It was an extremely stupid move not to have one more dedicated CB in the squad, hopefully next year we will be wiser and wont repeat the same mistake, wingbacks (Peluso and Caceres) and CMs (Maronne) cannot have the same defensive solidarity as CBs, they may replace Bonucci, as his characteristics are passing and not defending, but if one of the two CBs who can actual defend )Barza and Chiellini) cannot play, our defense shall suffer.
We really need one more dedicated CBs whos primary attribute is defending!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)