Best Freekick taker in the World (6 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miki

Jun 18, 2008
Seriously, guys, what's the point talking about Modric here in this thread? He certainly cant be counted as one of the best freekick takers in the world (nor can Diego for that matter).

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
surely he is regarded as the best free kick taker in the world so far this season at least.
Why was it Pirlo who took the free kicks in the Euro (for the short time when DP was on)?? I thought that was bullshit, i hope Lippi does the right thing.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Genoa goalkeeper Rubinho has been studying Alessandro Del Piero ahead of Thursday's trip to Juventus.

The Grifone are in rude health as they travel to Turin to face the in-form Old Lady, but they are wary of the threat posed by Del Piero.

The Juve skipper has been lethal with set-pieces over the last few weeks and his latest masterpiece set the Bianconeri en route to victory over Chievo last weekend.

“I have the greatest respect for Del Piero,” Rubinho told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He isn't just one of the strongest players in the Italian championship, he has also become a charismatic leader.

“Alex is the real superstar of this Juventus side and he is able to make the difference on and off the pitch.

“We need to maintain our concentration until the very last minute if we are to stop him.

“I have prepared for this game as any other, but I have been analysing Del Piero and his free-kicks with special attention.

“The thing that is unique about his free-kicks is the unpredictability
, but I think I can deal with that.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rubinho said it the best IMO.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
This is a poll, mods per favore.
Del Piero not included for obvious reasons. Options:

Juninho
Beckham
Mihajlovic
Platini
Zidane
R. Carlos
Ronaldinho
Pirlo
C. Ronaldo
Van Hooijdonk

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Why people insist on Carlos, he scores like 1 out of 30 fks he takes. Those they are spectacular, not effective.
I could say the same about Bekham. I rate Carlos because he has the ability to score free kicks that most people wouldn't attempt that's all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)