Best Freekick taker in the World (25 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Pierre van Hooijdonk
Absolute legend. I remember meeting some of the Feyenoord coaching staff when they were here & they told me he would practice four hours everyday specifically on his free kicks. Determination & dedication, true master.:tup:

He scored some real stunners for nottingham forest.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Why not Patrick?

I believe Ronaldo over the past two years has mastered free kicks to an unbelievable extent, i think he rivals the very best. Though it would be Juninho for me.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bonucci.

The best is he who has the best ratio, simple. Roberto Carlos probably scored about 5 freekicks in his career. Beckham and Ronaldo both used to go about 6-7 before they'd score one, but at least they look nice. For instance everyone remembers the late freekick Beckham scored against Greece. They forget the 5-6 he missed in a similar position before in that game which would have prevented this late tension.

I don't care at all for players who score amazing freekicks, just those who score a lot of them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Do you have any statistics or anything? I'm sure Ronaldo has a better ration than most players, i'm also sure that his ratio in the past two years rivals the very best.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Just looked at some stats, Ronaldo at Man Utd scored 4% of his freekicks. I think that is up to 7% now in his career. He scores a lot because he takes a truckload.

In comparison from 2000-2008 Del Piero had a 32% ratio. Juninho's record at Lyon was similar. I believe Mihajlovic was also very high.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Just looked at some stats, Ronaldo at Man Utd scored 4% of his freekicks. I think that is up to 7% now in his career. He scores a lot because he takes a truckload.

In comparison from 2000-2008 Del Piero had a 32% ratio. Juninho's record at Lyon was similar. I believe Mihajlovic was also very high.
Mate you complained that i wasnt paying attention to your posts, while you are obviously not paying attention to mine. I clearly said that Ronaldo has mastered his free kick taking ability at Madrid over the past two years. He was never anything special at United in terms of free kick taking, these past two years he's been amazing at free kicks though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Do you have any statistics or anything? I'm sure Ronaldo has a better ration than most players, i'm also sure that his ratio in the past two years rivals the very best.
I don't even need to look at stats to know that is wrong.

Looking on this fanboy site: http://www.ronaldo7.net/stats/stats.html

6 freekick goals out of 54 overall in 2010-11. God knows how many freekicks he took over the season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Mate you complained that i wasnt paying attention to your posts, while you are obviously not paying attention to mine. I clearly said that Ronaldo has mastered his free kick taking ability at Madrid over the past two years. He was never anything special at United in terms of free kick taking, these past two years he's been amazing at free kicks though.
Actually I asked you to ignore the last part, not complain about you doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)