Best Freekick taker in the World (5 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't see the problem in being biased actually. I admit I am biased and I don't mind being called biased at all because that's what I really am. I am not writing in a newspaper or broadcasting news anyway, so where's the problem?

I'd say that I prefer Juve players over Barcelona players and this opinion is based on me being biased towards my beloved club. Would I care if someone tells me I'm biased? No, I wouldn't. Actually Andy "labelled" me as biased about my opinion on Barcelona. And that made me laugh.
:confused2

I don't know why you always bring yourself up in these debates.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
And you don't see anyone but you comparing Ibrahimovic to Del Piero, so what is your point? :lol:
Compare Del Piero with??? Zlatan Ibrahimovic? :dielaugh:

I never compared them because there's no comparison between the two.... TBH, I don't ever dare comparing them. I don't want to talk about past but It's pretty obvious Zlatan supporters were the first one to compare him to Del Piero and not us.

Del Piero official thread knocks any door two years ago?

Now wait for the full squad(hnakyo or whatever his name, esteban, engongo, sadomin) One already made it here, lets see when the others will make it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sorry but Diego's not proven at all in my eyes. Still playing in average club by European standards and is in Europe for 5 years.

Yes and even today Juninho is the world's best.
Modric is playing for an average club that will hopefully be relegated.

Werder Bremen is a respectable team that even posed us trouble in the Champions League while we had the likes of Vieira and Emerson in midfield with Capello as manager. Labeling their side average by European standards while praising Modric is still a little silly. It's like your claiming Dinamo is something spectacular while disregarding the fact Diego is owning the entire Bundesliga and has done so for a while now.

Sure, Modric may be the more complete player, but Diego is better. But you simply cannot use the unproven argument when Modric played for Dinamo until this year and has struggled to make an impact thus far at Tottenham. You just cannot.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ален;1796973 said:
That team they had in 2005/06 was one of the best in their history. Diego didn't play for Werder back then. Guys like Klose, Borowski, Micoud were the leaders and the stars of that team.
When Diego came to Werder to replace Micoud, Werder started falling in Europe. In 2006/07 they were eliminated from the groups, last year they were also eliminated in the groups by Olympiacos and this year they will most probably have the same destiny and they'll be eliminated by one of Anorthosis/Panathinaicos.

I do blame Diego for this. He's extremely talented player and that's what's hurting Werder. They can not play in any other way but to play the game that suits Diego. They rely on him way too much and if he's not great (and he's not great half of the time) the team starts losing. Since he's not as great as Zidane and Kaka, who were big enough to play the free role and still lead their teams to success, his team starts suffering.
I already mentioned this once and i still stand behind my words. Diego is not big enough to lead his team (his one man team) to success and he can't play successfully if he's not the star of the team (examples: Porto and Brasil in Coppa America). It's similar to Riquelme. Another super talented player who never made it in Europe with the top teams.
I think this is a little harsh, gotta say. Remember, Werder Bremen selling Klose in 2007 was basically sealing their fate as they couldn't attract a proven striker to replace him, unless you count Pizarro as one. Diego is basically carrying that team on his shoulders while other players loaf around. I mean, Diego essentially has a 0.5 goal tally rate as a midfielder. That deserves credit. I also don't know how you can say Diego will never make it in Europe with top teams... seems like a bit of a premature decision to me.

The Micoud Bremen was the same Bremen that were humiliated 10-2 on aggregate against Lyon in the Champions League, so it goes both ways. Sometimes one cannot compare seasons nonchalantly.

Riquelme was a just a choker.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Who is talking about Ibrahimovic in this thread except Azzurri7? This is the best freekick taker in the world discussion thread, I don't see how Azzurri7 manages to find room for Ibra in such a thread because the man is litterally the worst freekick taker in football. It comes down to his obsession, I suppose.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Again, noone is comparing the two but you. You are the one who insists to bring his name up in every discussion. Your bitterness isn't healthy and I do feel this thread too will come back to haunt you when you've matured.
You're a bit too boring. I just got back home from a party and I thought you would have a decent reply.

Soap it.

Giovinco is the best FK taker in the world

and btw I'm not biased:p
He is learning a lot in trainings according to Ale.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Modric is playing for an average club that will hopefully be relegated.

Werder Bremen is a respectable team that even posed us trouble in the Champions League while we had the likes of Vieira and Emerson in midfield with Capello as manager. Labeling their side average by European standards while praising Modric is still a little silly. It's like your claiming Dinamo is something spectacular while disregarding the fact Diego is owning the entire Bundesliga and has done so for a while now.

Sure, Modric may be the more complete player, but Diego is better. But you simply cannot use the unproven argument when Modric played for Dinamo until this year and has struggled to make an impact thus far at Tottenham. You just cannot.
Yes, average by European standards. Sorry but it's much easier to qualify for CL through Bundesliga, than it is through EPL.

What you need to consider is that Diego is in Europe for a number of years, Luka was forced to stay in Dinamo for 2 years but you probably didn't know that. And I'm not claiming Dinamo is anything spectacular since I've always downplayed our domestic leauge. Thing is for over 2 years Luka was promised to get his transfer away from Dinamo, then denied to it, every winter and summer by the greedy club president. Trust me, you would have seen him in a European club far sooner had it not been for that man. But I believe it was a good thing, there was no rush, perhaps that's why Diego was such a flop at first.

But what Modric lacks on club level, compensates on the International level. Since 20 years old, he's been carrying our team on his shoulders through some pretty huge games. Sorry, you, Rab or anyone else might not acknowledge that, but it is a big freaking deal.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes, average by European standards. Sorry but it's much easier to qualify for CL through Bundesliga, than it is through EPL.

What you need to consider is that Diego is in Europe for a number of years, Luka was forced to stay in Dinamo for 2 years but you probably didn't know that. And I'm not claiming Dinamo is anything spectacular since I've always downplayed our domestic leauge. Thing is for over 2 years Luka was promised to get his transfer away from Dinamo, then denied to it, every winter and summer by the greedy club president. Trust me, you would have seen him in a European club far sooner had it not been for that man. But I believe it was a good thing, there was no rush, perhaps that's why Diego was such a flop at first.

But what Modric lacks on club level, compensates on the International level. Since 20 years old, he's been carrying our team on his shoulders through some pretty huge games. Sorry, you, Rab or anyone else might not acknowledge that, but it is a big freaking deal.
:lol2: Man, you Balkan guys sure love that "hard to qualify" argument. That's the same stuff the Bosnian fans use to defend the fact they never qualify for any tournaments. The Yids shouldn't be thinking about European qualification right now, glad to say.

It's not like I don't acknowledge Modric is a damn good player. Hell, I've said plenty of times I actually like the player and want him at Juventus. However, one simply cannot pick and choose which facts to use for their argument and throw out stuff such as Diego owning the entire league. Sure, what Modric lacks at the club level he picks up on the international stage, but it's vice-versa for Diego which you don't take into account. And moreover, Diego's national team appearances depend on the manager. Modric is so good that he's head and shoulders among his peers that his name is first on the team sheet. It's a little different in Brazil with a whacko such as Dunga not calling up Amauri.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)