Best Freekick taker in the World (5 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 12, 2004
Juninho has scored 40 goals from direct free kicks for Olympique Lyonnais, can anybody count DP's?
Then only count DP's goals from FK's since 2001.
I think C. Ronaldo is an ok freekick taker, not more not less. This is not his specialty anyway.
Meh, I think he's overrated.

Are you not a mod anymore?
:rofl:

Oh man, this is really something. And you had the nerve to call me biased. :howler:
Agreed...
Ален;1796375 said:
Burke, Pirlo is not even close to Del Piero regarding free kicks.
Seriously, Pirlo can learn a lot from Del Piero and he can't teach DP anything about FK's.
Don't agree.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i'm with burke...juninho is the best EVER... throughout his career.

At the moment DP is the best, scoring the most free kicks in the past 2 months no?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
does the fact that the serie a is a stronger league than the french league play a part

i mean in who is better del piero or juninho

Apr 12, 2004
I wouldn't think so, as the play is not against the teams or a league, it is between the taker and the keeper.

And in FK's, the keepers should pretty much be about as good as each other since you SHOULD (casillas) learn to defend them at the age of 9.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Ален;1796375 said:
Burke, Pirlo is not even close to Del Piero regarding free kicks.
Seriously, Pirlo can learn a lot from Del Piero and he can't teach DP anything about FK's.
Pirlo is good at taking dead balls, crossing and shit, but actual scoring from FK? Come on, he doesn't hold a candle to DP.

ßüякε;1796681 said:
I wouldn't think so, as the play is not against the teams or a league, it is between the taker and the keeper.

And in FK's, the keepers should pretty much be about as good as each other since you SHOULD (casillas) learn to defend them at the age of 9.
Well, that's his point. Keepers in Italy are way better.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
ßüякε;1796694 said:
Way better? I don't think so, they may be better, but not way better.

Keepers are almost one of the most standard players in the sport, there is not much that differentiates good from great.
That's bullshit, bro.

Would Germany be in WC2002 final if Rensing was in goal instead of Kahn?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
εℓ niño;1796707 said:
That's bullshit, bro.

That's the difference between a good keeper and a great keeper.

And I think you mean 2006.

Apr 12, 2004
εℓ niño;1796707 said:
That's bullshit, bro.

Well, since he was 19, I don't think so, but I meant any starting GK.....
That's the difference between a good keeper and a great keeper.

And I think you mean 2006.
No, he means 2002, they weren't in the Final in 2006 and Kahn was named player of the tournament in 2002.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Everybody here is biased. Juventus fans will be in favor of Del Piero while Burke hates Del Piero. In reality, this is the way it goes.

Juninho > Del Piero > Pirlo.

End of.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nah, you also said probably Pirlo, but that guy hasn't scored that many freekicks at all. Steven Gerrard has scored as many as Pirlo.

Over the past decade it has far and away been Juninho and Mihajlovic who take this award, while not being sure which player was better at it; the former can strike it with power and dip from anywhere while the latter struck the ball quite elegantly with his left peg. Then I suppose comes Beckham and Marcos Assuncao as just a minscule step below the first two. After these guys, a player such as Del Piero comes in his free kicks.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

First, I don't hate you and don't see why I have to. Second, I really don't care about you, but I reply to you sometimes because I feel like I have to and thats why we're here in the forums.

I didn't bring Ibrahimovic topic out of no where. You had to say something about me being biased towards Del Piero and since you enjoy playing pathetic silly games, you can always be my guest, and I'll always bring Ibra to this topic. He's like a joker I can use.

Be embarassed or not, I also don't care. I don't care what you think of him, you can always discuss him in Inter forums and not here. And you can always go cry there like the time you did when I closed the Ibra thread, Lol.

See, I like Paolo Maldini and he's one of my fav players, but you don't see me talking about him and comparing him to any Juventus players. You don't see me requesting a thread for him and crying asking mods to help me out. I also don't open a thread for him because I respect members that can't stand Milan nor their players (Alen) for example.

If I want to speak/discuss of how a great player Maldini is, I can go visit Milan forums. But don't waste my time here KNOWING that majority of the members here wont accept it and will keep arguing with me about it. You bring headache to yourself.

Other than that, I don't really care.
Like a joker? :lol2: what is this a sport to you? Oh man, your obsession has really taken its toll. And you claim you didn't bring him out of nowhere, FFS the topic was who is a better free-kick taker DP or Juninho? Burke called on your so obvious bias and you blatantly denied it, then I simply came and laughed at your ever so obvious denial. Where does Zlatan fit in that story? Seriously, it'd be better if you didn't reply at all, it would stop you from writing such nonsense.

I did cry and got your "mod" decision overruled and the topic open again. It's still open and YOU are the leading poster. Again, your obsession taking over you.

This forum has a community section so if you, or anyone else, wants to discuss Maldini or Ibra, he can. Off-topic is there for a reason. Again a moot point from you.

You know what I just realised? You're exactly like Turk.

"Fuck Zlatan, kill Zlatan" - "Fuck Inter, kill Moratti"

And to get back to topic:

Juninho >>> Del Piero

But who am I kidding, you're just gonna bring Zlatan into it again. :howler:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)