Best Freekick taker in the World (4 Viewers)

Best Freekick Taker of All Time?

• Juninho Pernambucano

• David Beckham

• Zico

• Sinisa Mihajlovic

• Pierre Van Hooijdonk

• Alessandro Del Piero

• Diego Maradona

• Ronaldinho

• Roberto Carlos

• Cristiano Ronaldo

• Shunsuke Nakamura

• Andrea Pirlo

• Michel Platini

• Steven Gerrard

• Zinedine Zidane

• Nolberto Solano

• Juan Roman Riquelme

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Well that is how it's always gonna be on this forum. Someone has to have a unique and fancy opinion like "Pirlo is a better freekick taker than Del Piero" and then that person appears "unbiased" and "realistic" while in fact that is a horrible statement.
Zlatan sei uno Zingaro!!!

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well that is how it's always gonna be on this forum. Someone has to have a unique and fancy opinion like "Pirlo is a better freekick taker than Del Piero" and then that person appears "unbiased" and "realistic" while in fact that is a horrible statement.
Yeah, ought to ban those pretentious wanna-be's. Hate 'em...

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Pirlo is a better freekick taker than Del Piero.
Please tell me you are joking. If Pirlo has scored up to 10 goals from free kicks in his career, Id be very impressed and I am not talking about deflected ones, otherwise Frank Lampard would be amongst the world's best.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
damn no-one backing me on Koeman? that man was a dead-ball freak back in the day, he got the ball up and over the wall and into teh bottom corner with alarming regularity
Heh, Ronald was great but whenever a free kick was taken closer to the goal it was Stoichkov who took it ( in Barcelona), not Koeman.
And i think long time passed and you forgot that Koeman was more about power than technique. He did score few very nice free kicks (from technical point of view) but he relied on his power shot more.

I've seen lots of great free kick takers. Juninho, Beckham, Del Piero, Stoichkov, Hagi etc, but at the end my vote will have to go to Mihajlovic.
Back in the 90's a hated him like i never hated a player. I hated Lazio just as much in those days. And Mihajlovic, with every next free kick made me hate him more.
The guy was perfect free kick taker ( he's still holding the serie A record for free kick goals, right ?). Great mixture of power and technique.

But if it's a close call for the best free kick taker, then he's by faaaar the best corner kick taker i've seen. His CKs were so accurate and powerful that all it needed was a slight touch for the ball to change direction and then it was a sure goal. Many owngoals were scored after his corner kicks.
Scum of a man but pure brilliance if we talk about Fks and Cks.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Ален;1732980 said:
Heh, Ronald was great but whenever a free kick was taken closer to the goal it was Stoichkov who took it ( in Barcelona), not Koeman.
And i think long time passed and you forgot that Koeman was more about power than technique. He did score few very nice free kicks (from technical point of view) but he relied on his power shot more.

I've seen lots of great free kick takers. Juninho, Beckham, Del Piero, Stoichkov, Hagi etc, but at the end my vote will have to go to Mihajlovic.
Back in the 90's a hated him like i never hated a player. I hated Lazio just as much in those days. And Mihajlovic, with every next free kick made me hate him more.
The guy was perfect free kick taker ( he's still holding the serie A record for free kick goals, right ?). Great mixture of power and technique.

But if it's a close call for the best free kick taker, then he's by faaaar the best corner kick taker i've seen. His CKs were so accurate and powerful that all it needed was a slight touch for the ball to change direction and then it was a sure goal. Many owngoals were scored after his corner kicks.
Scum of a man but pure brilliance if we talk about Fks and Cks.
I'd agree with a heavy heart. Trully hated his guts but when someone scores a hat-trick from free-kicks, you really can't do much more than applaud the man.

Il Re

-- 10 --
Jan 13, 2005
ßüякε;1796092 said:
Anyone that says Delpie has no idea what they are talking about.
in all fairness, at this current time (last few months) del piero has probably been the best freekick taker in the world

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)