Best country you visited ? (1 Viewer)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Woah, hold up. I thought Ben and Jerry's comes from Vermont..

yeah, it does. lol-the wisconsin quote is bloody good! sorry Erik, but can you imagine if an american had asked a similar question??

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
yeah, it does. lol-the wisconsin quote is bloody good! sorry Erik, but can you imagine if an american had asked a similar question??
How? You mean if an American had asked if a "Holland" actually exists? Cause I've already heard that question quite often :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
4) Belgium (The Ardennes. Sucky stuff. Flanders is nice though)
:fero::fero::fero::fero:

Where have you been in the Ardennes? Durbuy? La Roche? It's full of Dutch and flemish people there, with horrible campings everywhere.

The Ardennes are really beautiful, but you have to go off the tracks and go where the real people live.

And how can Flanders be nice? there is like 0 nature, it's one huge city! Ok, Antwerp, Gent and Bruges are nice (even if Bruges is more like Disneyland than a real city to me).

The best places I've been to:

Swiss Alps, Scotland, Turkey, San Francisco

worst places:
Bulgaria, Las Vegas

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
:fero::fero::fero::fero:

Where have you been in the Ardennes? Durbuy? La Roche? It's full of Dutch and flemish people there, with horrible campings everywhere.

The Ardennes are really beautiful, but you have to go off the tracks and go where the real people live.
Don't know where the hell we were taken: it was a school trip. You shoulda seen it. A bus load of 15 year old city folk, it was laughable :howler:

At some point I came abseiling off a mountain, landed on my head (helmet!), then unbuckled to get away, slipped on the mud, slode down 15 meters into a icey cold river with sharp rocks on the bottom, climbed back out and a goat was staring me in the face. If goats could laugh, it would have.

The Ardennes suck. Period.

And how can Flanders be nice? there is like 0 nature, it's one huge city! Ok, Antwerp, Gent and Bruges are nice (even if Bruges is more like Disneyland than a real city to me).
I'm a city person ;) Especially Antwerp ruuuulllleeesss :cool:

The best places I've been to:

Swiss Alps, Scotland, Turkey, San Francisco
Eeww :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
At some point I came abseiling off a mountain, landed on my head (helmet!), then unbuckled to get away, slipped on the mud, slode down 15 meters into a icey cold river with sharp rocks on the bottom, climbed back out and a goat was staring me in the face. If goats could laugh, it would have.
I'm a city person ;)

Well that says it all.

and what's wrong with the alps? too much contrast with the flat Netherlands?
It's great for skiing, hiking, paragliding, mountainbiking, .... well alot of things that finish on -ing

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Don't know where the hell we were taken: it was a school trip. You shoulda seen it. A bus load of 15 year old city folk, it was laughable :howler:

The Ardennes suck. Period.
You know what it's a blessing that noone has signed you up for a show like Survivor. You would actually not survive there. :D

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
It's a cultural thing then. I love the Ardennes while I felt an aversion to any place I've been in the Netherlands. I hate the landscapes there and I feel uncomfortable in the cities, be it Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Roda etc.

As far as the places I most enjoyed goes, it's mostly cities, not some much countries: Barcelona, London, Paris (in that order) for me.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Definitely cultural. The Dutch have a natural aversion towards wild nature, that's why our ancestors decided to create an extremely tame (and boring) land of themselves by pumping out the sea. Then we built our cities and now we're hooked on them. You have to be Dutch to like this country.

++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
Well that says it all.

and what's wrong with the alps? too much contrast with the flat Netherlands?
It's great for skiing, hiking, paragliding, mountainbiking, .... well alot of things that finish on -ing
I don't really like any of these things and I'm afraid of heights.

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
You know what it's a blessing that noone has signed you up for a show like Survivor. You would actually not survive there. :D
Coming from you, I can take it :p

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
The royal government has in effect (since WWII) a negative travelling advice for most of Africa. A "be careful" advice at best for some countries.

So no. I heard frightening stories about arrests and robbery

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
Nigeria is right up there with west Belfast on places to see list.

And Im being sarcastic.
When you come, I'll take you around...

@ Erik, you've been to New York I believe... Well, FYI, NY has a higher crime rate than Lagos!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)