Berlusconi Critical Of Wasteful Milan (1 Viewer)

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Of course, Juve would never ever to illegal ways to get players, like not as there club permission, or publicly talking about a player constantly, in a vain attempt to 'unsettle' him.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Of course, Juve would never ever to illegal ways to get players, like not as there club permission, or publicly talking about a player constantly, in a vain attempt to 'unsettle' him.
You mean like Roma successfully did with Philippe Mexes

OR

Like Roma unsuccessfully did with Davids?

xziz :cool:

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
dont pay them...Zebina?

It is illegal, which is why many clubs get reported to UEFA.
Did Roma pay Mexes? Is that why Roma got "reported to UEFA"?

xziz :angel:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I know that Juve is not an innocent angel. Of course we use dirty tricks and make shady transfers. Yes, we did contact Emerson before talking to Roma. But to say that we're the only team that does it or that we are the dirtiest team in the league is pure nonSensi. Everybody does it. It's the way the game is played, and if you cant take it, maybe you should stay by the sidelines.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Let's face it -- the sport of football doesn't award Fair Play awards for trading, avoiding conflicts of interest with managers holding multiple public offices, etc. And if there was, who would care? It's all about the silverware anyway.

Teams have been encouraged to fight fire with fire, so that's what we get. It's not pretty, but teams experiment with what they can get away with. Hey -- Van Nistelrooj does this with the linesmen every match.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
from: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6873/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6873_sto656633.shtml

Calcio Clamoroso: Malaise in Milan

Milan bosses have reacted to the rossoneri's 0-0 stalemate against Brescia with their usual sense of perspective, while the talk at Inter is of a curse on Roberto Mancini's draw-happy troops. Read more about the essential goings-on in Italy in our daily Serie A new round-up - Calcio Clamoroso!

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani warned that coach Carlo Ancelotti should not use a lone striker: "I liked Milan more towards the end of the game when we played with two forwards."

However, their toothlessness resulted less from the strikers' number than their quality, with both Jon Dahl Tomasson and Hernan Crespo looking out of sorts in the absence of Andriy Shevchenko.

"[Shevchenko] is an important player and we're hoping that he can make a full recovery as soon as possible," Ancelotti said. "I think he could be ready for Siena on Sunday.

"It is true to say that we are having a few problems in attack right now but I know the quality of my squad."

Ancelotti stood by Sheva's misfiring stand-ins insisting that they will soon find form.

"I'm sure that my attackers will soon start to score with some consistency in the near future.

"Hernan Crespo? He's getting back to his best while Jon Dahl Tomasson just needs a goal to get started."

Across town at Inter, there is talk of a curse after a ninth draw in eleven Serie A matches. Still unbeaten, Inter nonetheless languish in seventh, 13 points down on leaders Juventus.

INTER CURSE CONTINUES

Club president Massimo Moratti held crisis talks with coach Roberto Mancini after Wednesday night's stalemate with Bologna, whose manager Carlo Mazzone had a novel explanation for the nerazzurri's current malaise.

"Inter have had just about every kind of coach: big ones, little ones, coaches with experience, young coaches, bald guys and guys with hair," said the 67-year-old. "Maybe there really is some sort of curse on them."

Meanwhile sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport said the club's current run was a job for the X-Files.

Eurosport - ac 11/11/04

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I've been cautious about him back when everyone was about to annoint him the second coming of Van Basten last season. I suspected something wasn't as it was with the way he played for the Brazil NT in WC qualifiers over the summer. He's going through a tougher patch with a team that's not firing on all cylinders ... think Gilardino.

All fine and good, as all players have these highs and lows. The question is how long it will last and how deep of a funk of mediocrity he'll get.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Identity crisis for Kaka
Thursday 11 November, 2004

Milan ace Kaka admits he is struggling to perform given that he is no longer an unknown quantity.

"People tell me that opposing players are aware of my style and therefore I’m trying to do something different."

-----------------------------

I think he analysed the problem perfectly. Kaka's just struggling from the all-too-common second season syndrome

gray

Apr 22, 2003
he's definitely a talented player, but I imagine he won't be as effective as he was last season, even if he hits a bit of form

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
DID MILAN GET CRESPO FOR FREE FROM CHELSEA? I WONDER WHY THEY GOT HIM FOR FREE?

xziz :devil:

from: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6140/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6140_sto656782.shtml

Crespo axed by Argentina

AC Milan striker Hernan Crespo, who has not scored for seven months, has been dropped from Argentina's squad for their World Cup qualifier against Venezuela next Wednesday. Crespo and defender Facundo Quiroga were removed by coach Jose Pekerman from a list of 19 foreign-based players.

The striker, on loan at Milan from Chelsea, last scored seven months ago when he netted the London side's only goal in their 3-1 defeat at Monaco in the first leg of last season's Champions League semi-final.

The AFA gave no explanation for Pekerman's decision but local media speculated on Friday that the coach wanted to add several home-based players to his squad, including Boca Juniors forward Carlos Tevez.

Tevez, whose eight goals helped Argentina win the Olympic gold medal this year in Athens, had lost form after more than a year without a holiday but a recent club-sanctioned Caribbean break appears to have reinvigorated him.

Argentina also have strikers Javier Saviola of Monaco and Luciano Figueroa of Cruz Azul in scoring form.

The Argentines are second in the South American zone qualifiers, one point behind leaders Brazil after 10 matches.

Reuters - 12/11/04

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)