Berlusconi Critical Of Wasteful Milan (2 Viewers)

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
If I were a Milanista, this is what I'd be worried about this season:

1. Inordinately heavy reliance on Sheva to score goals thus far

2. Juve underachieved across the board, save for maybe Zambro, last season. The pendulum seems to be swinging back this season.

3. More regular inability to finish off close games -- unlike they could last season (which was not sustainable, btw). Kind of the companion to #2, where Milan overachieved across the board last season.

4. More injuries to date perhaps than in all of last season (also non-sustainable vs. last year)
Number 1 is really my only source of concern so far. The others are relative and/or remediable

Buy on AliExpress.com
Dec 27, 2003
To anyone understanding Italian and interested in the life and career of Mr Moggi, I recommend the following book :

Lucky Luciano. Intrighi, maneggi e scandali del padrone del calcio Luciano Moggi - Kaos Edizioni

PS : I wasn't aware this was a Milan-bashing thread. I thought it was about Berlusca being a bit unhappy with our performances.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I didnt know it was a milan bashing thread either.

Anyways, since most of us dont know Italian and cant get the book, mind telling us a bit more? A few examples maybe?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Of course Milan have, and I believe it is very unfair that they have the Prime Minister of Italy as a President of course there are going to be a conflict of interests, and I bet Milan have had a hell of alot of things 'over-looked' because of Berlusconi.

Partly have an article I've been reading.

'For those of you somewhat out of the loop, here is a brief history of corruption capers surrounding the all-powerful ‘Vecchia Signora’ (Old Lady) of Italian football.

Two seasons ago, as the Serie A title race built to a dramatic climax, Juventus benefited from an incredible piece of refereeing against Parma.

A last-minute equaliser was inexplicably disallowed, giving Juventus a vital victory with just one round to go. (Juventus drowned away to Perugia on the final waterlogged day of season, and the title went to Lazio after all.)

Or, how about the time, in 1998, when Inter was denied a blatantly obvious penalty against Juventus in a heated clash, which saw that campaign labelled the ‘season of poison’.

That was Moratti’s cue to accuse all referees of favouring the Turin giant, a feeling still evident four years later, “I can say that we never seem to get that kind of luck,” he said in reference to Collina’s controversial day trip to Venice.

Maybe Moratti finally realises he should have invested more time pampering officials rather than spending countless millions on players. '

An Italian Federation inquiry flushed out similar offerings from other clubs, including holidays paid for by none other than Juventus.'

There is much more if you want me to bring it up?

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, why not. And why dont you mention that the game against Perugia should have been abandoned. I saw the game, and the pithc was in terrible condition, I cant understand how Collina could decide that the match could be continued.

Dec 27, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I didnt know it was a milan bashing thread either.

Anyways, since most of us dont know Italian and cant get the book, mind telling us a bit more? A few examples maybe?
Actually I haven't read the book:wallbang:, because it is nearly impossible to find (rumour has it Luciano bought all the books as soon as they were published). An interista friend back in Italy told me he has it though and that it's quite intriguing. Hopefully he'll lend it to me next time I visit him.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
Yeah, why not. And why dont you mention that the game against Perugia should have been abandoned. I saw the game, and the pithc was in terrible condition, I cant understand how Collina could decide that the match could be continued.
collina... :rolleyes:

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I know this doesnt have anything to do with the thread but, I just found something on our friend, the Ecuadorean referee who 'officiated' the Italy - South Korea match.

'Fifa subsequently launched an investigation into Moreno's handling of the match. In September Ecuador's football authorities suspended him for 20 matches after he added 12 minutes to a domestic game. The home side, from the capital Quito, scored in the 100th and 112th minutes to win 4-3. Moreno was at the time running for political office in Quito.'

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That was ridiculous. Collina was testing the pitch by dropping the ball onto it. The ball didn't bounce at all, but just plonked into the mud and stayed there.

Pierluigi, what's the bloody point of testing the pitch like that if the result is a big fat fail, yet you allow the match to be played anyway?

As Zlatan said Nicole, it's funny how you only mention the incriminating evidence against Juventus

++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
'Fifa subsequently launched an investigation into Moreno's handling of the match. In September Ecuador's football authorities suspended him for 20 matches after he added 12 minutes to a domestic game. The home side, from the capital Quito, scored in the 100th and 112th minutes to win 4-3. Moreno was at the time running for political office in Quito.'
Didn't this happen like 2 years ago?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Your right, I did only show the incriminating evidence against Juve, of course. In fact to make it worst, I had actually cut out part of that article I posted about Roma buying Rolex watches for refs, I know my club isnt perfect, but at least I can admit it!

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Of course Milan have, and I believe it is very unfair that they have the Prime Minister of Italy as a President of course there are going to be a conflict of interests, and I bet Milan have had a hell of alot of things 'over-looked' because of Berlusconi.
Oh, and Nicole, do not forget to mention the Milan Vice President (yes you write it separate) Adriano Galliani has been the president of Italian Soccer League since July 9 2002. Now the fellow is up for a second term.

CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS:

CONFLICT #1

Italian prime minister and Milan AC president Silvio Berlusconi

CONFLICT # 2

Lega Calcio president and Milan Ac vice-president Adriano Galliani

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
To anyone understanding Italian and interested in the life and career of Mr Moggi, I recommend the following book :

Lucky Luciano. Intrighi, maneggi e scandali del padrone del calcio Luciano Moggi - Kaos Edizioni

The Dark Heart of Italy by Tobias Jones (FABER £7.99)

The journalist Tobias Jones emigrated from London to Parma four years ago, and spent a year writing about wine and frescos for his English editors. But as he learnt the language, and began to appreciate the cultural and political vagaries of his adopted home, he decided to write a travel book about Italy that looked beyond its obvious beauty and hedonism. He writes about the nuances of the Italian language, about Catholicism, football, fashion and culture. Yet in each case, he finds himself also writing about Silvio Berlusconi, the media magnate who owns three of the country's national TV stations and a newspaper, and its biggest advertising, publishing and film production networks; the man who is president of AC Milan; who has been investigated for alleged money-laundering, tax evasion and links with the mafia; and the man who, in May 2001, was elected as Italy's prime minister. The more he learns about crime, corruption and injustice in Italy, the more often words like Orwellian and Kafkaesque creep into his vocabulary. It's a shocking book in places, and murky and impenetrable in others. But Jones is a skilled essayist with a light touch, and crucially, his love for his new home only deepens the more he gets to know it.

PS kaisafunky do not thank me, it is a pleasure

xziz :devil:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What dirty tricks exactly?

You sound just like a typical frustrated Roma fan thats jelaous of Juventus and has to think something illegal is involved .
couldnt have put it better:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)