Belgium is a racist nation... full of racists... (11 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
No but some words have racial connotations, so for example if you called an arab a sand nigger it's racist. When you call a black man a dirty monkey it's racist.

Now i don't know if Van Damme is a racist or he just said that word to get to Onyewu. But you cannot argue that it's not a racist thing to say.
I think you can. Redneck would fall under the same category. No one would make a big deal out of it. Surely you would not go to court if someone called you a redneck. It's this difference that is truly racist.

And in all fairness I don't think racism is about insults anyway. It's about promoting some people over others merely because of skin colour. Getting fired or not getting a job because you're black, that's racism. If someone calls you a monkey on a football field, you get over it and move on. Players insult each other all the time, so it's a really thin line here.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 26, 2007
I think you can. Redneck would fall under the same category. No one would make a big deal out of it. Surely you would not go to court if someone called you a redneck. It's this difference that is truly racist.

And in all fairness I don't think racism is about insults anyway. It's about promoting some people over others merely because of skin colour. Getting fired or not getting a job because you're black, that's racism. If someone calls you a monkey on a football field, you get over it and move on. Players insult each other all the time, so it's a really thin line here.
Those insults usually aren't racist imo, but they lead to racism. Of course not for us who are blessed with the capability to think independently. But, as you will agree I'm sure, there are a lot of retards out there who are susceptible to this kind of stuff.

But I agree that every insult that can lead to negative discrimination and prejudice should be considered equally bad.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

But if they did, i personally wouldn't blame them.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I got all intellectual thug on your ass... sorry.:oops:
jeez i mean sometimes you need to look at a post and decide whether it is serious, a joke or an attempt at witty banter

as a general rule, if it is posted by me, then you can almost be certain it is something silly

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
What's Belgium? is it even an independent nation? I thought Belgium was the name of Germany's chocolate factory in the west.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
we will seen this Sunday after the election just how racist we are
I'd say I will move to Italy if a racist party is the big winner but that wouldn't be any better, now would it

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Yeah, I deleted my post once you already found out where he's from.

But if he's Turkish and living in Istanbul, would it really make a difference ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)