Beauty in the eye of the beholder (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ok here's a topic for the sensitive, check your macho act at the door please.. ;) Never has been done on Juventuz before, this is history :D

But here we go, let's discuss beauty. How do you see beauty? Most notably in people, what makes a person beautiful. And you're welcome to post pics as examples or use well known people to illustrate.

It has been scientifically concluded that youth plays a big part in people's perception of beauty. And to me that is probably the most significant factor. To overlap a subject we have discussed extensively before, players we like and not, I find that youth plays a key role in my perception. Players who I think look good (I'll use good looking or handsome, beautiful I find far more fitting towards the opposite sex :)) all look young. To take a couple of examples..

Aimar
Pippo
Nesta
Tacchinardi
Deisler
Rosicky

All of these have faces of children, wouldn't you say?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Mr. President,
after seeing that you started this topic, is there something more important that you want to confess?! :LOL: :LOL:

;)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    I was actually hoping for some serious input here, kudos to lac. :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    what a cool topic.....

I see 2 types of beauty- one thats is obviously beautiful, and one that has some kind of weird appeal to the subconscious mind....
    I agree with second statement, but I'm not sure about first one.
    Like obviously beauty. Cause what when eg: 75% people say: he is beauty and 25%: he is ugly?
    So is it still obviously beauty or not?

I take Martin's examples of guys: I think that Pippo is isn't handsome at all, but Tacchinardi - he is extremely ugly for me.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    seriously, beauty IS indeed in the eye of the beholder.

those names you mentioned might be your prefrence as good looking.

i know many people who think that Pippo and Tacchi aren't good looking.

i can't really explain my own pattern for who i see as good looking. i've never really thought of who's good looking or not. but off, the top of my head, here's my list, maybe you can help..

Thuram (glasses)
    Pessotto (glasses)
    Del Piero (with Short hair)
    Aimar
    Cannavaro
    Nesta
    Conte
    Klinsmann
    Maldini

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #12
    vit...

If you have a look at the title of the thread, it's implied that beauty is subjective. However, are there any common factors that make a person beautiful? Saying that I think Aimar is handsome largely because he looks young means that if he had the "exact same" facial features, only looked 10 years older, he would be less handsome. Can you agree with that? Not necessarily Aimar but do you think youth plays a part in the perception?

And feel free to use examples.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    which one the first or the second? :D
    :fero:
    humor alert...your under arrest, you have the right to stop posting, any thing you post can and will be used against you in the court of martin. you have the right for an lawyer, if u can't afford one, one will be provided for you.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    i think that delpi´s long hair was cooler.

the same with beckan...that lettuce loook for the world cup was so sucky

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #16
    Majed, Klinsmann, that's an interesting choice IMO.

++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    can we talk about chicks as well??
    Yes, of course.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    vit...

If you have a look at the title of the thread, it's implied that beauty is subjective. However, are there any common factors that make a person beautiful? Saying that I think Aimar is handsome largely because he looks young means that if he had the exact same facial features, only looked 10 years older, he would be less handsome. Can you agree with that? Not necessarily Aimar but do you think youth plays a part in the perception?

And feel free to use examples.
    I was referring to Lac's post and he said sth about objective beauty. So I gave a question: is there sth like objective beauty or it's all depends on eye of the beholder.

And I don't agree too much about that youth plays a part in the perception.
    Not always. Look at eg Pierce Brosnan now and 20 years ago. Then he was not good looking, now he looks better.
    But it doesn't have to refere to anyone of course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)