Barca fanboy debate (10 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Casillas is an overrated player by some. Sure, Buffon did not have a good season last year, but Casillas makes several mistakes every season. Buffon, thus far this season, and prior to last season, has been close to impeccable for years. Every other time I watch Real I see Casillas errors.
Dude, even then he did not make any mistakes.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #169
    But it's not even that bad when it comes to Barca. The Prem worshiping is much, much worse, especially when there is an entire show dedicated to it on FSC. Barca rarely plays on FSC and only sometimes on ESPN.

The only Barca asskisser is Ray Hudson on GOLTV.
    I disagree, there are major premiership asskissers who appear regularly on FSC and ESPN but Barca is by far the worst individual team. They all kiss Barca's ass every time they discuss them and I'm not just talking about the pundits either. We should be promoting a culture of intelligent and informed football fans instead of these Barca lovers. It's the same with Brazil during the 2006 world cup, they were praised for everything they did and the commentators didn't even try to hide their bias.

But aside from all of the stupid commentary since that is to be expected regardless of who it is biased towards since we are talking about American football coverage, what really pissed me off was my football team back in high school. Every other player just loved everything about Barcelona and thought that since they had seen a few matches it made them real fans. Don't get me wrong I loved these guys they were great to play with and great to hang with but it was impossible to have an intelligent football conversation with most of them. They had no idea what I was talking about half the time and constantly ragged on me for not being another mindless drone to Barcelona.

So I guess you could I will never give Barcelona a fair chance but I think my hatred is justified because IMO they are a large part in this stupid attempt at creating football fans. The kind of funny thing is that the only two of my teammates who actually knew football very well were a Barca fan who actually did know his football since he had grown up loving the game and unsurprisingly he respected Juve, and the other was an Italian immigrant who was probably our best player and a die hard Inter fan

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Its 5:30 in the morning and i have University tommorow, so i am not going to bother fishing Buffons mistakes now :p

Rest assured i will do it tommorow :p

PS: I also think ability wise Buffon is the best in the world, but i am going to play the devils advocate here and show the other side of the argument.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Its 5:30 in the morning and i have University tommorow, so i am not going to bother fishing Buffons mistakes now :p

PS: I also think ability wise Buffon is the best in the world, but i am going to play the devils advocate here and show the other side of the argument.
    Sleep well dude.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Eℓvin;2238641 said:
    Dude, even then he did not make any mistakes.
    He did make mistakes last year. But as Curr said, not as many as Casillas makes.

Seriously, I'm not known for overrating our players, whether it be our favorite Alex or worst in Tiago even though I like him, but Buffo is clearly the best keeper in the world.

Casillas is incredibly overrated if folks think he is the best out there. It doesn't matter what team he plays for, he makes too many mistakes to be the best.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #174
    Oh come on people, lets not lose our objectivity just because a lot of people rate Casillas higher than Buffon.

There isn't much between Buffon and Casillas in terms of ability, Buffon is the better keeper but not by the margin you guys would like us to believe.
    Alright, I know that I am biased but I think Buffon is miles beyond any other GK when on his best form. IMO he is consistently the best at his position I have ever seen from a footballer.

Night Fred

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007

I could tell that's what you were doing. We need more of that I think. That's one of the reasons why I hope Aaron comes back.

Good night.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I disagree, there are major premiership asskissers who appear regularly on FSC and ESPN but Barca is by far the worst individual team. They all kiss Barca's ass every time they discuss them and I'm not just talking about the pundits either. We should be promoting a culture of intelligent and informed football fans instead of these Barca lovers. It's the same with Brazil during the 2006 world cup, they were praised for everything they did and the commentators didn't even try to hide their bias.

But aside from all of the stupid commentary since that is to be expected regardless of who it is biased towards since we are talking about American football coverage, what really pissed me off was my football team back in high school. Every other player just loved everything about Barcelona and thought that since they had seen a few matches it made them real fans. Don't get me wrong I loved these guys they were great to play with and great to hang with but it was impossible to have an intelligent football conversation with most of them. They had no idea what I was talking about half the time and constantly ragged on me for not being another mindless drone to Barcelona.

So I guess you could I will never give Barcelona a fair chance but I think my hatred is justified because IMO they are a large part in this stupid attempt at creating football fans. The kind of funny thing is that the only two of my teammates who actually knew football very well were a Barca fan who actually did know his football since he had grown up loving the game and unsurprisingly he respected Juve, and the other was an Italian immigrant who was probably our best player and a die hard Inter fan
    But who are these folks on television that kiss Barca's ass all the time? Name them and their channels. I never see the Prem clowns on FSC talk much about them (in fact, they always claim that Ronaldo is the best, or that Rooney is better than Eto'o, et cetera). As I said, there are certainly one or two giant black a-holes of Barca asskissers, one of which is Ray Hudson, but apart from that I haven't found many such commentators. The drunk Tommy Smyth is all about the Prem as well.

Just be aware of the difference between deserved praise and nonstop hyping.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #178
    But who are these folks on television that kiss Barca's ass all the time? Name them and their channels. I never see the Prem clowns on FSC talk much about them (in fact, they always claim that Ronaldo is the best, or that Rooney is better than Eto'o, et cetera). As I said, there are certainly one or two giant black a-holes of Barca asskissers, one of which is Ray Hudson, but apart from that I haven't found many such commentators. The drunk Tommy Smyth is all about the Prem as well.

Just be aware of the difference between deserved praise and nonstop hyping.
    It is not so much the commentary during the match as it is the general discussion of Barcelona during pre and post games as well as the slanting of news stories and predictions. The EPL is vastly overrated and that pisses me off just like it does you but I have deeper hatred for Barcelona. I'm out for the night but I will post more on this tomorrow if this thread doesn't go way off topic and get banned too
    I read ALOT of insecurity in this thread.
    You are probably correct with that assumption

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    It is not so much the commentary during the match as it is the general discussion of Barcelona during pre and post games as well as the slanting of news stories and predictions. The EPL is vastly overrated and that pisses me off just like it does you but I have deeper hatred for Barcelona. I'm out for the night but I will post more on this tomorrow if this thread doesn't go way off topic and get banned too

You are probably correct with that assumption
    Which pre-game and post-game shows?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)