Barca fanboy debate (26 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not at all, totally spot on. Throwing ten men behind the ball is negative football by definition. The neutral (well, sane neutral) would rather see attacking play from both sides.
I'm, apparently, insane.

I don't care how a team plays, so long as it is done to a high standard.

Give me a 0-0 with top class defending over a 3-3 with lots of stupid mistakes any day.

It's all about quality for me.

Is Juventus football positive?
Sometimes.

Juve, under Ferrara, play reasonably balanced football, in my opinion.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Is Juventus football positive?
Apparently not.

I'm, apparently, insane.

Give me a 0-0 with top class defending over a 3-3 with lots of stupid mistakes any day.

Sometimes.

Spot on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm, apparently, insane.

Sometimes.

So clogging a toilet with fecal matter is fine as long as it's done to a high standard?

I see.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Greeks won Euro2004 with "negative" football, on their way there owning the positive giants like Spain, Czech, France and the epitome of positive - Portugal (TWICE). Ask them if they'd rather win negatively or lose positively.

You gotta play with the cards you're dealt, and they executed it to perfection.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's just difference of opinion, but how some folks don't find pleasure in two attacking teams throwing folks forward to score, as opposed to two teams sitting back clogging the middle, just makes no sense. Sounds like an American football fan.

Throwing players forward generates mistakes, so your argument is not incredibly sensible.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Eℓvin;2238534 said:
Greeks won Euro2004 with negative football, owning the positive giants like Spain, Czech, France and the epitome of positive - Portugal (TWICE). Ask them if they'd rather win negatively or lose positively.
Yeah, and that was absolutely disgusting to see. Thought that tournament was garbage.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's just difference of opinion, but how some folks don't find pleasure in two attacking teams throwing folks forward to score, as opposed to two teams sitting back clogging the middle, just makes no sense. Sounds like an American football fan.

Throwing players forward generates mistakes, so your argument is not incredibly sensible.
So why do you prefer Italian football to English or Spanish stuff?

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008

This is the reason I love Brazil. They have found the perfect balance between Attack and Defense.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So why do you prefer Italian football to English or Spanish stuff?
English football is all pace-based, strength-based, and I can't stand that. I'm a fan of free-flowing attacking football, but with the football being blasted around all the place, I lose interest. I prefer keeping the ball on the ground, a little slower pace, allowing natural flair to flourish, and that happens in Italy and Spain for me. Especially Spain. Serie A has a lot of flair to make up for the compact defenses.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
English football is all pace-based, strength-based, and I can't stand that. I'm a fan of free-flowing attacking football, but with the football being blasted around all the place, I lose interest. I prefer keeping the ball on the ground, a little slower pace, allowing natural flair to flourish, and that happens in Italy and Spain for me. Especially Spain. Serie A has a lot of flair to make up for the compact defenses.
I love Italys slower pace. Enable me to see fantastic dribblers and some nice skills on show that the Spanish League can sometimes lack but clearly makes up for it in football ability.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I love Italys slower pace. Enable me to see fantastic dribblers and some nice skills on show that the Spanish League can sometimes lack but clearly makes up for it in football ability.
I'm also a huge fan of natural playmakers, even though they may be a dying breed.

My favorite players back in the day were folks like that in my avatar, Zidane, Hagi, and Veron. You don't get to see such players in the Prem. Fancy fast dribblers are only fun to watch for so long.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I'm also a huge fan of natural playmakers, even though they may be a dying breed.

My favorite players back in the day were folks like that in my avatar, Zidane, Hagi, and Veron. You don't get to see such players in the Prem. Fancy fast dribblers are only fun to watch for so long.
Indeed. I only wished I watched Zidane more than I did. Also Baggio another player I wish I saw more of. The list can go on.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #116
    Barca is fucking gay, the general smug attitude disgusts me. I can't say anything about their fans in other areas but I cannot stand their American fans. Bunch of queers who have no business discussing football if you ask me

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    Barca is fucking gay, the general smug attitude disgusts me. I can't say anything about their fans in other areas but I cannot stand their American fans. Bunch of queers who have no business discussing football if you ask me
    Like every big team. They have Glory Hunter fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)