Baltimore Riots/Freddie Gray (7 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The problem is these communities constantly vote in the same politicians or party and things on,y get worse. They've been indoctrinated by the left into believing only they can fix their woes, while in the meantime nothing is done for them. Just look at Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore etc all failed leftist policies and yet generations continue to go that route
Guys, really? Who brought the christian conservative to the party. I thought we agreed not to do this anymore.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Definitely need to raise federal funding for community colleges and vocational training centers like Ronald did. :agree:
I will also add this. The culture that has pervaded black America with fatherless homes and multiple children being raised by grandmothers or single mothers not having that father figure hurts. Add the " thug life" mentality and it's a mess

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, really? Who brought the christian conservative to the party. I thought we agreed not to do this anymore.
Love you too :)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Please AC, we were having an enlightened conversation. Then you bring the "thug life" argument. Like its a conscious choice that every grown up in the projects makes for himself. Jesus.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
What does poverty have to do with men having children and abandoning them either with one women or multiple? Remember poverty in America isn't the same as other places. The average family in poverty has a flat screen tv, cellphones etc. if you want to talk about poverty do you think having all these children fatherless helps them get out of said poverty?

- - - Updated - - -

Please AC, we were having an enlightened conversation. Then you bring the "thug life" argument. Like its a conscious choice that every grown up in the projects makes for himself. Jesus.
I'm not saying all subscribe to that mentality as it was obvious by Baltimore that there are different mentalities. Yet the rioters obviously do

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Please show me some sauce on the flat screen argument.

And is a cell phone really considered luxory anymore? Fairly sure that they are commonplace in Kenya, let alone Baltimore.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What does poverty have to do with men having children and abandoning them either with one women or multiple? Remember poverty in America isn't the same as other places. The average family in poverty has a flat screen tv, cellphones etc. if you want to talk about poverty do you think having all these children fatherless helps them get out of said poverty?
People living in poverty are more likely to father multiple children with multiple women, abandon their familes, etc. It is quite common in Appalachia and parts of the deep south and tends to transcent racial boundaries.

As for your second question... I dont know what you mean. I obviously wasnt stating that broken family structure is a solution to poverty. Merely that the culture you were describing was a result of poverty.

Afluent blacks tend not to have those issues. So which is more likely? Unstable home structure is a result of race or a result of environmental influences?

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/01/news/economy/poor-income/

- - - Updated - - -

People living in poverty are more likely to father multiple children with multiple women, abandon their familes, etc. It is quite common in Appalachia and parts of the deep south and tends to transcent racial boundaries.

As for your second question... I dont know what you mean. I obviously wasnt stating that broken family structure is a solution to poverty. Merely that the culture you were describing was a result of poverty.

Afluent blacks tend not to have those issues. So which is more likely? Unstable home structure is a result of race or a result of environmental influences?
I do not see the correlation. Even people in poverty can afford contraception can they not? What does the poverty have to do with being a no show father? I know many people who are poor and do the right thing, raise their children and show them how to work hard and move forward

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I do not see the correlation. Even people in poverty can afford contraception can they not? What does the poverty have to do with being a no show father? I know many people who are poor and do the right thing, raise their children and show them how to work hard and move forward
:sergio:

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
So what is the reason for lack of family structure in black urban familes?
It seems to be a recent cultural change in the African American community, remember most African Americans were as poor if not poorer in the 50,60,70's etc yet their family life was solid. That was the whole back bone of their culture, through all the racism and hardship, family was the glue! Now it is no longer like that, can it be the culture shift with the gang/rap/ thug mentality? Even Obama himself has spoken to the fact that young black men need to pick up their pants and speak proper English?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It seems to be a recent cultural change in the African American community, remember most African Americans were as poor if not poorer in the 50,60,70's etc yet their family life was solid. That was the whole back bone of their culture, through all the racism and hardship, family was the glue! Now it is no longer like that, can it be the culture shift with the gang/rap/ thug mentality? Even Obama himself has spoken to the fact that young black men need to pick up their pants and speak proper English?
If this is so, then what breeds a shift in culture?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I'm kinda with AC here. Poverty is the main contributor here, but African American culture does play it's part in broken homes. Even here, where we feed off of American culture a lot, black families are highly single-parent, even the not so poor ones.

AndreaCristiano

Jun 9, 2011
I'm kinda with AC here. Poverty is the main contributor here, but African American culture does play it's part in broken homes. Even here, where we feed off of American culture a lot, black families are highly single-parent, even the not so poor ones.
The problem is if we don't confront the problem in the community and why this is this way no matter what money is thrown at the issue it won't be fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)