Ballon d'Or 2010 (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Because he is the best player in the world, and the coach and captain of Comoros, Anguilla and Chad know no better. But he didn't have the best season from the top players in the world, so he doesn't deserve to win. Not going around in circles at all...
If you have free time, would you do me a favor and count how the votes would have looked if only the more famous players' votes are counted (as well as less famous captains of some good national teams).

Come on, I'm not in the mood to do that calculating and you guys owe me one. I've done that for you many times :D

3 pts for #1, 2 pts for #2 and 1 pt for #3.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think Xavi clearly deserves to win, he is the singularly most important player at Barcelona and Spain, he carries Iniesta for both and also creates a large amount for Messi to revel in the limelight. He also had a great season and unlike Messi, had a very good World Cup not to mention winning it. I also don't like him as a person (as he appears in the football world), think he is a bit of a prick, so factor that into the argument.

You said that Messi should win because he is a better player. So even though for example Sneijder had a 10/10 season, and he is a very high level of player he can't possibly win the award because Messi is better. That's what you are saying isn't it? So does that apply for every top player who has a 10/10 season or just a select few players you choose?
Thats the confusion of me typing badly on the latter paragraph, I did not mean Sneijder had a 10/10 season :lol: (dont even think Messi had that), what I meant is I think Sneider is top 10 material for this award (top part I forgot to type while thinking it on that sentence, happens alot with me). FYI, as I said already, Sneijder wasnt anything special at all in the league (not better then the dissed Diego), excellent CL performances, and decent WC of scoring some goals. It doesnt come close to Messi, or several other candidates ( Best Inter player was Milito, greatly decisive in League with 24 goals comapred to Sneijders above average production, and top in CL too).

Regarding Xavi, I would liked him to see win (even if I agree he is a prick, understand that, dont get it on thinking Messi is a prick though) becuase this was prolly his only chance. But Messi in Barca >>>> Xavi in Barca, and Xavi is amazing for Barca. But there is one undisputed king for Barca (and not only for goals, Messi assists alot too), even if Xavi is extremely decisive.

The main difference between them is WC, and Spain was generally unimpressive and a team effort, even if Xavi stood out a bit in being the midfield general. I dont think winning as a team for granted a huge title like WC, is that big of a factor for an individual award.

FYI, I do not think and never said Messi should allways win, on ability alone.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you have free time, would you do me a favor and count how the votes would have looked if only the more famous players' votes are counted (as well as less famous captains of some good national teams).

Come on, I'm not in the mood to do that calculating and you guys owe me one. I've done that for you many times :D

3 pts for #1, 2 pts for #2 and 1 pt for #3.
Players I used: Neill, Vermaelen, Petrov, Robinho, Eto'o, Srna, Rosicky, Ferdinand, Diarra, Lahm, Buffon, Torrado, Yobo, Ronaldo, Chivu, Arshavin, Fletcher, Stankovic, Hamsik, Casillas, Ibrahimovic, Emre, Shevchenko, Bocanegra. Didn't bother with the moron Van Bommel.

(Firsts / Seconds / Thirds)

1) Sneijder - 6 / 5 / 5 - 38 points
2) Xavi - 4 / 7 / 3 - 29 points
3) Messi - 6 / 3 / 3 - 27 points
4) Iniesta - 5 / 2 / 2 - 21 points

After that there are many players with 5-1 points but no more (Drogba, Forlan, Ozil, Casillas, Alonso, Maicon, Robben, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Puyol, Fabregas).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)