Ballon d'Or 2010 (2 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Noted. :p

I have an even better idea, but i don't want to upset him. I'll ask him over a pm, if he agrees, you guys will have the laugh of your lives :D
I'll agree with almost everything. If it's football or sports related avatar, I agree with everything.
Actually, as long as it doesn't involve my kids I agree with everything, as hard as I'll find it :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Some votes are like watching Eurosong

Belgium Vermaelen Thomas --- Fábregas Cesc
Cameroon Samuel Eto'o --- Sneijder Wesley
FYR Macedonia Pandev Goran ---Sneijder Wesley-- Maicon-- Júlio César
Israel Yossi Benayoun --- Drogba Didier
Romania Chivu Christian ---Sneijder Wesley
Serbia Stankovic Dejan ---Sneijder Wesley --Eto'o Samuel-- Maicon

What I liked the most is this:
Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo ----Xavi-- Casillas Iker-- Sneijder Wesley
Spain Casillas Iker ---Robben Arjen --Sneijder Wesley --Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldo didn't put Messi in his top 3 and Casillas didn't vote for a Barca player :seven:

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
FIFA took the Ballon d'Or and pissed all over it. Seriously, combining the FIFA World Player of the Year and the Ballon d'Or was a dumb idea. FIFA Player of the Year has always been about selecting the most talented individual regardless of accomplishments of his team, whereas for the Ballon d'Or other factors were taken into account most notably success on the field and the player's part in it. I liked it when the awards were separate because it felt like they were awarding players for different things. I respected the Ballon d'Or a lot more.

This year's combination clearly shows that those who pick the FIFA Player of the Year have a bigger influence in choosing the winner than France Football and in my view that's a bad thing.

OP
Yamen

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
  • Thread Starter #70
    Alen I saw that list, but I dont think they were yesterday's voting, right? I would like to see yesterday's voting though.

Sad it wasn't Xavi or Snider.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    I'll agree with almost everything. If it's football or sports related avatar, I agree with everything.
    Actually, as long as it doesn't involve my kids I agree with everything, as hard as I'll find it :D
    Will you put Rab? he is an amateur player, football related you know? :D

Some votes are like watching Eurosong

Belgium Vermaelen Thomas --- Fábregas Cesc
    Cameroon Samuel Eto'o --- Sneijder Wesley
    FYR Macedonia Pandev Goran ---Sneijder Wesley-- Maicon-- Júlio César
    Israel Yossi Benayoun --- Drogba Didier
    Romania Chivu Christian ---Sneijder Wesley
    Serbia Stankovic Dejan ---Sneijder Wesley --Eto'o Samuel-- Maicon

What I liked the most is this:
    Portugal Cristiano Ronaldo ----Xavi-- Casillas Iker-- Sneijder Wesley
    Spain Casillas Iker ---Robben Arjen --Sneijder Wesley --Cristiano Ronaldo
    Ronaldo didn't put Messi in his top 3 and Casillas didn't vote for a Barca player :seven:
    :D

Ronaldo is better thou, he voted for Xavi.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Who cares how biased some of the captains vote, if the overall winner is 100% just. And Messi is by far the most deserving winner. This is an INDIVIDUAL award, NOT A TEAM AWARD. The teams got rewarded with CL and WC, but the best player on the planet is Lion Messi, and he showed that by playing better then everyone else individually, throughout the year, not just 1 tourno that is 7 games long.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Who cares how biased some of the captains vote, if the overall winner is 100% just. And Messi is by far the most deserving winner. This is an INDIVIDUAL award, NOT A TEAM AWARD. The teams got rewarded with CL and WC, but the best player on the planet is Lion Messi, and he showed that by playing better then everyone else individually, throughout the year, not just 1 tourno that is 7 games long.
    Except that he choked when it mattered most.

I am just saying, not trolling, not being provocative and not name calling you for not agreeing with me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    But thats the thing, is football solely an individual game? No, if he plays with a bad Argentina, its deemed choking because he cant win games entirely on his own (it was clear to everyone that in the average groupstage, he was one of the better players performance wise). What DEFINES choking exactly?

To state the obvious Team > Individual. Inter were A BETTER TEAM then Barca (and he was better then Xavi in boh CL and League performance, btw why dont you say Xavi choked? If you mean CL, or did Messi face Inter alone?), thats why they won, not a single one of Inter players are in Messi's level, and only one who would be closest to him consistent season would be Milito, and he wasnt even nominated. Sneijder is not remotely near his level, and he didnt do much in League and had a decent WC, while excelling in CL. How does that make a balon D'Or winner?

Messi besides countless assists scored 47 goals in 53 games for 2009-2010, and first half of 2010-2011 season (which they take into account), he scored 28 goals in 26 games. I mean, seriously? How is someone like this undeserved winner? If you would be saying Cristiano Ronaldo, who is genuinly only one who can compete with him on that level, then I would get it. But even if there are quite a few players who had top seasons, the question is simply, does their top season mean they are in Messi's level?

Btw Melo, you frigging clown, Messi was competeting with OTHER Barca players.

And FYI, I would genuinly been happy for Xavi to win, even if I dont think he is the best, he is a great player, and this was probably his only chance to win this award. So I would appluaded him being acknowledged for the player he is. Even if I dont think he was the best player for the whole year (I allways thought its stupid give awards based on a short tourno instead of the whole year). Messi is a "boring" choice because he has gotten it already and will defenitely will get more of this award, so being against it for that reason I semi-understand, but that would be subjective thinking.

Lastly but surely, this is an individual award, not team award.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)