Azzurri Thread (79 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Was hoping to see Chiesa starting tbf but my expectation weren't that high to begin with given the recent trend, was also kind of expecting to see Locatelli among the first XI but i guess it's still a good enough midfield trio that Mancini decided to start with while some rotation among them is to be expected anyway...

All in all i think Italy will go through against Austria regardless of who starts, then again also having a few impact supersubs can always come in handy too that's for sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
Was hoping to see Chiesa starting tbf but my expectation weren't that high to begin with given the recent trend, was also kind of expecting to see Locatelli among the first XI but i guess it's still a good enough midfield trio that Mancini decided to start with while some rotation among them is to be expected anyway...

All in all i think Italy will go through against Austria regardless of who starts, then again also having a few impact supersubs can always come in handy too that's for sure.
Rotation time is over, the best players will start if fit.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Rotation time is over, the best players will start if fit.
I actually do agree with you on that, but then again, well... tbh if there's a team you could perhaps afford to still rotate a bit against at this stage that'd probably be Austria.

But yeah, obviously there's usually no easy games at this stage, just that some do tend to seem easier than others on paper. :D

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I’ve been saying all week. “Don’t change” yes Verratti is quality. But don’t drop Locatelli.
it's a tough decision for mancini. he can't start with 4 cm's, so he has to drop one of barella, jorginho, verratti and locatelli, with jorginho having no real substitute. and let's be honest, barella has been great so far, nobody expected him to have a stinker tonight.

mancini should have reacted way earlier though. besides barella, berardi, immobile and insigne were shit too. subbing in chiesa around the hour mark could have saved the azzurri from going into extra time.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
it's a tough decision for mancini. he can't start with 4 cm's, so he has to drop one of barella, jorginho, verratti and locatelli, with jorginho having no real substitute. and let's be honest, barella has been great so far, nobody expected him to have a stinker tonight.

mancini should have reacted way earlier though. besides barella, berardi, immobile and insigne were shit too. subbing in chiesa around the hour mark could have saved the azzurri from going into extra time.
We should start with Locatelli-Jorginho-Barella
And introduce Verratti for ball distribution later on the game where players are knackered,and he can pick them off. But hey. I’m no manager.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 49)