Azzurri Thread (19 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I only got to see the first half and the very beginning of the second half, how was the rest of it? From what I saw of the second half, looked a lot better than the first, but again it was only maybe 8 minutes or so.

Clear mentality problem with this squad, reminds me of Juve in the Champions League.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I really find it a chore these days watching Gli Azzurri. No enjoyment at all.
Can’t wait for Serie A to resume next weekend. International football is only interesting during tournaments. They can dress up these games as the Nations League and try make it seem like a bigger deal than it is, but it’s all bollocks to me, me old China.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It'll take ages for this team to become even a bit competitive, but we'll know more 6-12 months down the line.

There is a good core of 16 players to start with and then it's about getting the best out of the group. Other teams did well with less.

bluesnake

Mar 7, 2017
NT football is different from club. with grinta, will and some runing you can go far, just look at conte midfield vs germany :lol:

in italy only juventus can forge a good player for italian NT sadly, used to be milan too, inter is a wako and the rest is bunch of loser rats eg. napoli :lol:

vs poland jorginho, insigne and balotelli was the worst. pellegrini was trying and failing :lol: and gagliardini was the only midfielder with tackles, aerial won etc, only him was doing the defence part and only him was trying the pressing game. add bad fullbacks and you got the picture of this game :lol:

bernaguti is a fucken god to this italian team, and chiesa was super when get on the field.

this team need some non italian mother fucker like bielsa as a coach who will teach them a leasson

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I disagree, I simply think the quality isn't there. There is no capable #9 atm, fullbacks are crap and most midfielders are lousy. All you have is a good CB-partnership and wingers. The jury is still out on Jorginho but he could be another one to add to the list.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I disagree, I simply think the quality isn't there. There is no capable #9 atm, fullbacks are crap and most midfielders are lousy. All you have is a good CB-partnership and wingers. The jury is still out on Jorginho but he could be another one to add to the list.
They dont have a superstar 9, but there are decent guys like Zaza and Immobile, who can get the job done if given a clearly defined role. With the players they have, Italy should try 3412 with a smart, technical player like Berna/Jorginho/Veratti playing CAM and a fast guy like Chiesa partnering whoever suits him best. Biggest problem is the flanks

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
There just isnt enough quality especially in the midfield
:agree:

Really should have done everything they could to convince Conte to stay. At least he was able to compensate for the lack of individual quality and throw together a disciplined, workman side with a solid tactical approach and motivate the hell out of them to perform their best.

Italy are a long way away from playing good football but the right coach could get them winning games again.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
There just isnt enough quality especially in the midfield
And in the fullback positions too.

Biraghi FFS. He was absolutely terrible against Poland, in the last minute of that game and attempted three crosses that went straight into a Polish defender every time. Sad state of affairs. Zappacosta is also a painfully average player, barely anything going forward and not that even secure of smart defensively.

Let’s see how Spinazzola does if he ever gets some solid game time with us. Anyway, there is a dearth of talent in that position for Italy.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Zaza and Immobile supported with Chiesa is obviously going to produce more desire, closing and tempo than a half fit Balotelli and Insigne, no surprise. Something different, I'd like to see this 4-4-2 with Bernardeschi on the right and Chiesa left. Chiesa has this great vivacity about his play and some really nice touches. I'd be massively surprised if he isn't our big money target for next summer. Quote me.

Lazzari also had some good breaks, but he's a wingback so it's nothing special to see him being competent and direct going forward. Seems that every couple of years we talk about Italy having a right back in place who will claim the jersey for 10 years, then something happens to them.

I also continue to dislike Criscito. Just how fit is Emerson? The only positive here is that with everyone fit Criscito is about 6th choice. Barreca and Dimarco need fast tracking into this side.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I can’t get away from this crap. Decided to watch Coronation Street. That finished. Scrolled down to see what other crap was on tv that could take my mind off this stinking flu I currently have and this decided to be on tv.

Oh the pain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)