Azzurri Thread (32 Viewers)

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Zaza and Immobile supported with Chiesa is obviously going to produce more desire, closing and tempo than a half fit Balotelli and Insigne, no surprise. Something different, I'd like to see this 4-4-2 with Bernardeschi on the right and Chiesa left. Chiesa has this great vivacity about his play and some really nice touches. I'd be massively surprised if he isn't our big money target for next summer. Quote me.

Lazzari also had some good breaks, but he's a wingback so it's nothing special to see him being competent and direct going forward. Seems that every couple of years we talk about Italy having a right back in place who will claim the jersey for 10 years, then something happens to them.

I also continue to dislike Criscito. Just how fit is Emerson? The only positive here is that with everyone fit Criscito is about 6th choice. Barreca and Dimarco need fast tracking into this side.
I agree. I hope we get him because he will be very good.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Why do they change 9 of the 11 every game?

Perin
Florenzi Chiellini Bonucci Palmieri/whoever the fuck de Sciglio?
barella jorginho Bonaventura

Berna Belotti Chiesa

Fuck I don't know, just give the same team some continuity

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Why do they change 9 of the 11 every game?

Perin
Florenzi Chiellini Bonucci Palmieri/whoever the fuck de Sciglio?
barella jorginho Bonaventura

Berna Belotti Chiesa

Fuck I don't know, just give the same team some continuity
Just testing players out I guess. Mancini hasn't been the coach for very long, it makes sense that he'd want to try out different players tbh.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Just testing players out I guess. Mancini hasn't been the coach for very long, it makes sense that he'd want to try out different players tbh.
He watched the players playing for their club, he should have an idea of his preferred options. If he has some doubts for some players, make them play with the core players and introduce change progressively.

He basically changed the whole team, killing all the stakes. Nations league is more important than friendlies

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Testing players out is the right idea, but he should've already known the levels of Biraghi, Berardi, Zaza, and starting half-fit Balotelli made no sense either. No point "testing" 442 either, that's obviously not the right formation with this pool of players.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
He watched the players playing for their club, he should have an idea of his preferred options. If he has some doubts for some players, make them play with the core players and introduce change progressively.

He basically changed the whole team, killing all the stakes. Nations league is more important than friendlies
not that more important. euro 2020 will have 24 teams, Italy doesn't need to hustle for the qualifying ticket through Nations League, they should be able to qualify normally, this is not WC.

I like that Mancini is relaxed about this and doesn't want to play the same players twice in 3 days to not hurt anybody, wish more NT coaches treated their players with caution, for teams like Italy these are glorified friendlies afterall

Last edited:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Perin
(Donnarumma) (Meret)

Florenzi - Bonucci - Chiellini - Spinazzola
(Lazzari) (Zappacosta) (Rugani) (Caldara) (Romagnoli) (Emerson) (Barreca)

Cristante - Jorginho - Verratti
(Barella) (Gagliardini) (Mandragora) (Pellegrini) (Bonaventura)

Bernardeschi - Immobile - Chiesa
(Verdi) (Politano) (Berardi) (Belotti) (Inglese) (Insigne)
Should make up the bulk of the squad right now, it's good enough with the right coach and someone brave enough to include the young players included, plus those coming through who I haven't included. Triers, has-been's and never-were's who haven't made any impact or for a long time should be omitted.

Ideal world the majority of these players are fit, realistically they never are. I've not included MDS or Andrea Conti for this reason, hopefully Spinazzola doesn't end up in the same situation.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Ideal world the majority of these players are fit, realistically they never are. I've not included MDS or Andrea Conti for this reason, hopefully Spinazzola doesn't end up in the same situation.
With Florenzi and Verratti you've included two of those players in starting line up.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
These really are dark days for the NT. If I were the FIGC, I'd pull a Mexico federation: wipe out the current NT of loose nobodies and replace them with all the starters from Palermo.

Xorim

Aug 31, 2015
What a terrible display that was yesterday. There is really no joy in watching this "team" play.
Lazzarri lost 90% of all duels against almighty bruma. Immobile running around like a brainless chicken.
Donnarumma with some good old paperas, but he will be pardoned by the media cause he had one good save. He should not be the NT starter!
Romagnoli and Caldara mixing between good and terrible. But they are okay as a backup.
Cristante and Criscito can't be taken seriously.
Only bonaventura, zaza and chiesa seemed to have some ambition and knew how to play the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)