Azzurri Thread (20 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I still can't believe this happened. Feels like a (bad) dream.

What I can't believe are Ventura's decisions.. If I deliberately tried to get Italy out of the World Cup, I'd put the team he did. I just can't wrap my head around it. How can anyone ever believe this was the right approach for the game? An absolute disaster. The man's reputation has been destroyed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Donnarumma, Bonucci, Caldara, Rugani, Darmian, Spinazzola, Verratti, Florenzi, Jorginho, Insigne and Belotti is a base of players that is a good starting point.

Perin, Meret, Conti (ACL?), Emerson, Zappacosta, MDS, Gagliardini, Barella, Cristante, Bernardeschi, Verdi, SES, Immobile, Zaza, Inglese, Petagna. These are the squad players who can step up or ship out. Ok maybe I'll include Candreva, at least he tried hard.

- - - Updated - - -

At least the new badge looks nice.
Add in Chiesa as well, there is talent we just have to utilize it.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
What I can't believe are Ventura's decisions.. If I deliberately tried to get Italy out of the World Cup, I'd put the team he did. I just can't wrap my head around it. How can anyone ever believe this was the right approach for the game? An absolute disaster. The man's reputation has been destroyed.
What reputation, man?

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The lesson here is that you have to have a pragmatic coach with a winning track record to coach the national team. Many of the top senior players know a thing or two more than most about tactics and how to win - therefore you need someone they can respect.

Clearly, the players did not have much respect or faith in the coach. That is always going to be a problem especially in times of adversity.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Reports coming out that he fell out with the players after the 1st leg and threatened to resign. The FIGC should have accepted his offer. Maybe bringing in a temporary coach would have given the team the shot in the arm it needed.

Oh, and the coward exited the team hotel in Milan though a back exit so as to avoid the media. Fucking scumbag.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Reports coming out that he fell out with the players after the 1st leg and threatened to resign. The FIGC should have accepted his offer. Maybe bringing in a temporary coach would have given the team the shot in the arm it needed.

Oh, and the coward exited the team hotel in Milan though a back exit so as to avoid the media. Fucking scumbag.

I love how he looks and acts like a greasy Italian American mobster :D

Dude just takes his money and runs. Can't blame him, that's his nature.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
icemaη;5637912 said:
It's Italy. He'll stay and the idiots who voted him in, will stay low for a bit and be back playing games again. Agnelli will still be the only one trying to get some changes and he'll be outvoted as usual. It's Italy, the India of Europe.
I just hope this is the wake up call

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I imagine his talks with the FIGC will be along the lines of "ma vaffanculo" and see you later.

Temporary coach until EuroMax takes over? :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

What I don't understand is Bonucci! He had a face mask in the first half and he took it off in the second. Really mind blogging...
I think it was when Toivonen got subbed he took it off :D Then two minutes later Thelin hit him in the face :lol: :lol:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Over the past couple of years I've seen some successful people here and I've been thinking: how the hell did they make it, they even seem below average people who just had connections and somebody behind their back.

It feels the same when I think about Ventura. Not only his decisions were/are horrible, but to me he looks like a random guy who was picked up from the street to coach, or just dads son who was given the work that he loves just because they are in position to do so. Such people can't look professional in my eyes, they are just way too weird to fit in.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What I don't understand is Bonucci! He had a face mask in the first half and he took it off in the second. Really mind blogging...
Italians have a thing for drama. I bet it was some sort of gesture to indicate they should throw all caution out of the window and just go for it.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

How is that a even a threat? :lol:

Players would have gladly accepted it. Spineless fuck.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
How is that a even a threat?

Players would have gladly accepted it. Spineless fuck.
It wasn't. He came crying to mommy, because the players suggested a different tactic. He told the figc that 'maybe they should decide who plays'.

Which would have been a much better idea.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There's talent? I'd say on the attacking side of the ball Italy looks like a mediocre European team. Not a single world class player to be fielded. Pathetic.
At this moment it's only Verratti, when he shows up. But there are a lot of very good players and no reason why they shouldn't be qualifying for tournaments. Obviously would be nice if they didn't get Spain, France or Germany in a 1+1 qualifying format next time but that's another story. I watched England walk their way through another mediocre qualifying group and tbh that kind roll of the dice is what this troubled Italy needed at that point. But sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and Italy needed this kick up the ass.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
It’s happened to Germany (to a lessser extent), it’s happened(ing) to Brazil and now Italy. The lesson here is that you cannot rely on past glories and if your federation can’t understand the need to get with the times you’re left behind.

They also have failed to understand even the Smallest non-traditional national team has raised to such a level that will give any “big” team trouble in today’s football: In the past this was unthinkable. You watched Brazil - Peru and you expected an easy 5-0 with a hell of a performance. Now not so much.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Report: Ventura won’t resign | Football Italia

Reports claim Giampiero Ventura and FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio are both unwilling to resign, despite Italy missing out on the World Cup.

The Azzurri were held to a 0-0 draw by Sweden last night, meaning they will miss out on the World Cup for the first time since 1958.

Ventura pointedly refused to confirm his resignation at last night’s Press conference, and calciomercato.com reports he has no intention of walking away.

The Coach signed a renewal until 2020 in August, and while his position is untenable - not least due to a breakdown of his relationship with the squad - he wants the Federation to sack him, so he’ll be paid off, the website reports.

Tavecchio himself is coming under pressure to resign, but he was cryptic over his future while leaving the hotel in Milan this morning.

“We’re deeply bitter and disappointed to have missed out on qualification for the World Cup,” the President told reporters, after Ventura gone out the back to avoid the scrum.

“It’s a sporting failure which requires a shared solution, and I’ve called a meeting of the Federation for tomorrow to conduct a thorough analysis and decide on our future choices.”

It’s not expected that Ventura will be present at the meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This bitch won’t resign he wants fired so he gets his cut. Now this is something @Turk_Bianconero can be upset about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)