Azzurri Thread (22 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
As much as I hope that this leads to a general overhaul of the FIGC, let's not recon things. The same team, even with a worse squad, managed to be one of the best teams in Europe just two years ago. This failure is 90% on Ventura.
Meh thats more cause of the brilliance/ insanity of Conte than the team being good though. While I agree, Italy has no excuse for not qualifying Conte is head and shoulders above any manager Italy has had in a decade.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Ventura also describes himself as a good motivator, explaining: "Obama and his 'Yes we can' arrived long after me. I've been writing the same sentence for 20 years on the blackboard of my locker room."

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
• At Bari Ventura was nicknamed 'Mr Libidine' after he said in his first press conference the reason he coached is "the libido it gives." He repeated the same sentence when he took over the job at Torino: "I could take a middle-table team in Serie A but trying to bring Torino back to Serie A is the real libido."

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Another coach that would've played better players a lot earlier could have avoided this. This is down to Ventura using the wrong players and playing a wrong kind of football. He's the old school of Italian football. That old school is dead by modern football. Not that Sweden play any good football, they dont, but the fact that Italy didnt manage to score a goal in ~180 minutes is the evidence.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Meh thats more cause of the brilliance/ insanity of Conte than the team being good though. While I agree, Italy has no excuse for not qualifying Conte is head and shoulders above any manager Italy has had in a decade.
Yep. So many mediocre players made to look good by Conte.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Truly i believe this is for the best, we can only ignore the elephant in the room that much.
Italy is and has been mediocre for quite some time.
Not every generation is as strong as others and this one simply was Kak.
We should not be elusive about it and going forward without being worthy would just kept business as usual and not allowing serious talks about restructuring.

Italy has always been one of the best teams in the world as long as i can remember.
Superb players, honored to be in the squad, with superior coaches and top tactics.
Juve was proud to have a large chunk of this car, even when the players we contributed were decisive for the greatest success, despite half of the nation wanted to take us down, by sacrificing the nation future...
Italy is still paying for the calciopoli, for wrongly bringing us down and tearing us part.
And we are still crucial at restructuring, should they let, should they allow more Juve coaches, more Juve players and less anti-juve feelings...

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
And the rest of Italy will continue conspiring to vote in idiots like Tavecchio who appoint absolute terrorists like Ventura. The more you can do to be against Juve, the higher your chances of rising through the ranks of the FIGC, and the better your chance of absolutely crippling Italian football.

Everyone in Italy would rather own a bicycle than a Porsche, as long as their competitors have nothing. Raiola was right that in Italy they just try to bring you down to their level instead of rising up themselves.

How the fuck else can you explain this absolute degradation of a footballing country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)