Azzurri Thread (25 Viewers)

Niku

Jan 14, 2014
If not for Gigi, I would be laughing my ass off right now.

Not even mad. This requires a total house cleaning of the federation.

Bring in Ancelotti for the Coach, Lippi to run the federation, Baggio to run the youth sector/development. Because the only way this nation has a $#@!ing chance is if they bring in smart, no-nonsense people that know what they are doing.
I concur absolutely.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I like Italy, but I think they lost their spark a long time ago. I genuinely think they overachieved in 2012, because of that genius called Pirlo. The 2010, 2014, 2016 and now 2017/18 were nothing special. Its a shame but I think the Italy since the turn of the decade reminds me of the German National Teams of the last decade (2000-2010). Hopefully they turn it around soon.
Come on. As we saw in the Euros, even mediocre Italian players had a great techincal level. A good coach knows how to take advantage of that. Italian players have always been like this - also when the pool of players looks pretty meh. We haven’t seen any sign of good technical players under Ventura and he even had some quite exciting individuals to work with. This Italian team is more than good enough to knock out a team like Sweden.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Euros winner and the team that didnt qualify in the same bracket, lol
Generally in terms of stature. Italy are a tier 2 NT and have been for a long while and will probably continue being so.

Portugal are Euro winners but I wouldn't place them in the same bracket as Germany or Spain.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Germany introduced MASSIVE revoluionary changes in grass roots til top despite going to WC final (with oldest final team yet), while Italy out of WC will just shuffle out some names in management and coach, but nothing will change about the system or its thinking.
I know, that’s why I said we will not see anything new or revolutionary after this, even though it’s that simple. Just look at our proposition for B teams and how almost everyone is against it.

I gave up on Italy long time ago, they are stucked into backwards old system.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Italy is way behind France, Spain and Germany right now.

They are Netherlands/Portugal tier. No more an A level NT unless something drastically changes. Easy to pin everything on the coach. Players like Immobile picked on merit but can't do shit on the international stage. Problem with a lot of Italian players.
This is simply a weak generation. Actually it has been pretty average since 08’. Much like Brazil. The only difference is we have an extraordinary player in Neymar, Italy has good players but nobody really out of this world. But I mainly blame this on the Italian federation and it’s refusing to get with the times. Italian Football, just like Brazilian, has been on this dying path for a long time. No talent, obsolete football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)