Azzurri Thread (252 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
half of u guys are against him playing for the national team and arent even italian.

- - - Updated - - -

im glad we are staying away from him, only true italians should play for the azzurri
What is a "true Italian" ?

I find it disgusting. Italy gives his family and him a chance to succeed coming as migrants and this is how they show their thankful. They should stop these migrants from coming over to Italy, especially with the recent issues surrounding migrants and Italy. Why are these ungrateful people flooding in the country and have no sense of nationality or gratitude to Italy.
While I do see your point, I don't think it's that simple. Italy doesn't really have a very inclusive culture when it comes to immigrants, I'd guess most immigrants never really feel accepted as "Italian". Just look at the post quoted above yours, from my experience most Italians follow that line of thinking.

Jul 20, 2012
Years ago this post would've caused a $#@!storm lasting a week and spanning 30 pages
I was hoping it did

- - - Updated - - -

While I do see your point, I don't think it's that simple. Italy doesn't really have a very inclusive culture when it comes to immigrants, I'd guess most immigrants never really feel accepted as "Italian". Just look at the post quoted above yours, from my experience most Italians follow that line of thinking.
Someone who is actually of italian ancestory.

And why just single out italians? Italy is not the only nation who is nationalistic and is aganist the immigration that is taking place.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
half of u guys are against him playing for the national team and arent even italian.

- - - Updated - - -

im glad we are staying away from him, only true italians should play for the azzurri
I was hoping it did

- - - Updated - - -

Someone who is actually of italian ancestory.

And why just single out italians? Italy is not the only nation who is nationalistic and is aganist the immigration that is taking place.
I'm not singling Italy out, but the topic of discussion right now is Italy, not any other country. I'm just puzzled by your stance, I mean on the one hand you don't consider immigrants like Mastour to be true Italians, on the other hand you blame him for choosing Morocco?

To be honest, "ancestry" doesn't make a lot of sense, because everyone came to Italy from somewhere else. But hey, that's how most countries in the world view immigrants, right? Most countries, except developed western countries of course, which is why I don't really consider Italians to be a very advanced society in comparison to Scandinavian countries, Benelux countries, UK, Germany and a few others in Europe. In the Middle East, people say Italians are the "Arabs of Europe" :D

Jul 20, 2012
I'm not singling Italy out, but the topic of discussion right now is Italy, not any other country. I'm just puzzled by your stance, I mean on the one hand you don't consider immigrants like Mastour to be true Italians, on the other hand you blame him for choosing Morocco?

To be honest, "ancestry" doesn't make a lot of sense, because everyone came to Italy from somewhere else. But hey, that's how most countries in the world view immigrants, right? Most countries, except developed western countries of course, which is why I don't really consider Italians to be a very advanced society in comparison to Scandinavian countries, Benelux countries, UK, Germany and a few others in Europe. In the Middle East, people say Italians are the "Arabs of Europe" :D
What you say is totally true however there is something that does annoy me. Also im not upset that he chose morocco over italy just to put that out there. What i dont like is the fact that when players put on the shirt they should be presenting their own country, instead some sport the jersey to win

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What you say is totally true however there is something that does annoy me. Also im not upset that he chose morocco over italy just to put that out there. What i dont like is the fact that when players put on the shirt they should be presenting their own country, instead some sport the jersey to win
Again it isn't that simple. There is a big chance that immigrants in countries like those that I mentioned might actually feel that they belong to that country. Look at Belgium for example, most of their NT is comprised of players who are 1st or 2nd generation immigrants, but do you think players like Kompany, Lukaku and co don't identify as being Belgian? I think they do, because it's a country that is inclusive, unlike Italy.

Your location says "Joisey", I assume you're referring to New Jersey, NY. I'd venture and guess you're an American Italian, if you are, why do you believe you have a right to consider yourself American more than Mastour or any other immigrant can consider himself a citizen of his adopted country?

Jul 20, 2012
Again it isn't that simple. There is a big chance that immigrants in countries like those that I mentioned might actually feel that they belong to that country. Look at Belgium for example, most of their NT is comprised of players who are 1st or 2nd generation immigrants, but do you think players like Kompany, Lukaku and co don't identify as being Belgian? I think they do, because it's a country that is inclusive, unlike Italy.

Your location says "Joisey", I assume you're referring to New Jersey, NY. I'd venture and guess you're an American Italian, if you are, why do you believe you have a right to consider yourself American more than Mastour or any other immigrant can consider himself a citizen of his adopted country?
For your information FRED, i am actually from Torino ok bub. :D and you make great points but like u and i both stated italy is not totally welcoming the idea of immigration regardless of it taking place. I understand there are far more important topics to be discussed and resolved but I never thought it was right to represent a team that you dont ancestorial ties to.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004

These immigrants they come to a country where they got their dreams, their wealth and everything taken care and then they turn their back on them, that's a parasite. If you are saying these immigrants doesn't feel accepted then why are they still coming to Italy. Shouldn't they go back to their own country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 251)