Azzurri Thread (22 Viewers)

jakku7

Jun 29, 2011
Destro will be most probably discarded as well, and the last pick when it comes to the attack will be Rossi. Parolo looks good on trainings, Prandelli values his versality and ability to score goals. Verratti is arguably totally useless and clueless. The last two spots will be divided between 5 choices in defense: Ranocchia, Abate, Maggio, Pasqual and Darmian.

It's hard to guess, but if I were Prandelii I would take Darmian for sure and... Pasqual.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Great news IF true (most likely it isn't).

Italian fullbacks right now are a joke.
In before Rus "No one rated Grosso or Zaccardo", it's true that they exploded on 2006 and surprised pretty much everyone with their performances, but even before the WC I'd have taken just one of them over all of Maggio (as FB), Abate and Criscito. The only one who could step up and deliver the greats is imo De Sciglio if he cuts out the mistakes his inexperience cost, but it's still a huge gamble.

Italy with a 3 man defense is much more solid against the vast majority of opponents.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

In before Rus "No one rated Grosso or Zaccardo", it's true that they exploded on 2006 and surprised pretty much everyone with their performances, but even before the WC I'd have taken just one of them over all of Maggio (as FB), Abate and Criscito. The only one who could step up and deliver the greats is imo De Sciglio if he cuts out the mistakes his inexperience cost, but it's still a huge gamble.

Italy with a 3 man defense is much more solid against the vast majority of opponents.
Basically the defensive personnel suit 3-5-2 better, simply because of the fullbacks. Maggio is really a a wingback, and De Sciglio you also want to keep higher up the field.

Mar 9, 2006

Italy has a great potential with 3 man defence - now Cesare can use MORE players as a proper wingbacks: Maggio, Iturbe, Darmian and Pasqual are very experienced wingbacks, they can easily cover the whole wing, BUT, DON'T PLAY BONUCCI, CESARE, I BEG YOU

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
Italy with three at the back might be better against big sides like we saw with Spain in the euros, but I fear juve cl results against smaller sides. All the teams in our group may be more than happy to sit back.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Juventino[RUS];4558562 said:
Italy has a great potential with 3 man defence - now Cesare can use MORE players as a proper wingbacks: Maggio, Iturbe, Darmian and Pasqual are very experienced wingbacks, they can easily cover the whole wing, BUT, DON'T PLAY BONUCCI, CESARE, I BEG YOU
Prandelli has said if he plays with a 3-5-2 he will use a non conventional player as the sweeper which means IMO, De Rossi (like against Spain in the group game of Euro 2012). This would mean a midfield trio of Motta-Pirlo-Marchisio/Montolivo.

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
Juventino[RUS];4558562 said:
iturbe can play wingback what??

- - - Updated - - -

Prandelli has said if he plays with a 3-5-2 he will use a non conventional player as the sweeper which means IMO, De Rossi (like against Spain in the group game of Euro 2012). This would mean a midfield trio of Motta-Pirlo-Marchisio/Montolivo.
De Rossi was fantastic vs Spain omg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)