Azzurri Thread (22 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I see what Prandelli is doing. Which is similar to what Conte did for us. We used 3-5-2 on big teams, and a 4-3-3 on smaller teams to break them down. We're switching to a 4-3-1-2 to break down Ireland's defence. We know that they're going to throw all their players behind the ball, and we have to somehow break through.

Motta as trequartista isn't that bad, he's been on exceptionally good form this tournament. Hopefully he continues that tomorrow.

Buffon
Maggio - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
De Rossi - Pirlo - Marchisio
Motta
Cassano - Balotelli​

I think Prandelli will still include Maggio and Bonucci.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Motta. Don't think he fits that role. Should rather use Giovinco or Cassano there, or even better play 4-3-3.

Not that I think it will do any difference against Ireland. 'Cause they suck.
I completely agree with you. I'm just saying what I think Prandelli will choose.

My ideal formation would be:

Buffon
Maggio - Barzagli - Chiellini - Balzaretti
Balotelli - Di Natale - Cassano

or

Buffon
Maggio - Barzagli - Chiellini - Balzaretti
Cassano - Balotelli
Di Natale​

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Motta is $#@!; I don't even know why he's in the squad. So many meh and avergae/mediocre players in the team. I'd play Gio behind Cassano and Balotelli.
I would play gio behind balo and di natale. I would bring in Cassano at the 60 min mark fresh for the finish vs their tired defenders.

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Give Borini a chance! We all seen what a fresh Quagliarella did vs Slovakia at 2010 WC. Why take him along and not give him a chance?
On the other hand, Gio and Di Natale up front wouldn't work as they are 2 short strikers, Gio would be better at trequartista role.
Balotelli must start, as he would offer a bit of an aerial threat against Ireland's tall centre backs, and he's dying to score a goal after his misses in 2 previous games. Cassano seems to be tired and should perhaps be considered as a 2nd half sub, but keep Balo on!

This is how I'd start vs Ireland:
---------------Buffon---------------
Abate---Bonucci---Barzagli---Chiellini
------------------------------------
----De Rossi----Pirlo----Marchisio----
------------------------------------
--------------Giovinco--------------
-----------------------------------
-------Balotelli-------Di Natale------

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
^ I agree with that line up. Its our best option. I dont know what would be worse if we lost tommorow...being eliminated from the tourney, or having to hear it from the portuguese :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)