Azzurri Thread (20 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008
Marcello Lippi does not believe Spain and Croatia are beyond stitching up Italy. “They do this sort of thing too. Just ask Villarreal...”

“I know that in the final round of La Liga this season Villarreal went down because two teams reached a result that suited both of them. The Spanish do this sort of thing too,” said the 2006 World Cup winner.
Lippi was referring to the Rayo Vallecano 1-0 Granada match that sealed Villarreal’s surprise relegation deep into stoppages.
Italy are in the exact same situation that saw them eliminated in the Euro 2004 group phase by a 2-2 draw between Denmark and Sweden.
“Teams always start off by saying ‘How dare you put our tradition in doubt? We play to win, always,’ and then they end up doing whatever suits their interests.
“Every time, funnily enough, the result they wanted seems to occur...”

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I hope Lippi is wrong but what he said wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure Spain would rather see Croatianthrough than risk facing Italy down the line again

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
There's nothing positive about Italy, very similar to how California is a corrupt, bankrupt shithole that has a majority of businesses employed by illegal fecal matter or otherwise legal oblivious fuctkards who will make a living shoveling shit in a FEMA Camp.
Says the American. :howler:

---------- Post added 17.06.2012 at 20:51 ----------

Goal.com predicts this:

Buffon
Maggio - Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini
De Rossi
Marchisio - Pirlo - Giaccherini
Cassano - Di Natale​

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't get the formation change. Your players are accustomed to it, have played well with it, you have your best defender back and you'd be propping up your midfield with DeRossi. Why the fuck would you change formation in such a crucial game?? Very poor move.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Yep. Were just starting to get accustommed to it. Furthemore most players have player in a similar system l season. He does not have the players for a diamons midfield. Nor the fullbacks.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Dropping 3 5 2?! Fool..
This.

Players are used to it and starting to get accustomed to it...changing the formation for what? To put Thiago fucking Motta at 3/4ista? Ridiculous.

The 3-5-2 was working fine, it's just the terrible finishing from the players that has been the major issue at this tournament (as well as fitness levels)

Prandelli has made some very odd decisions at this tournament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)