Azzurri Thread (21 Viewers)

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
I explained it yesterday. Uefa regulations are clear. Here it is again:

1. If Spain-Croatia ends 2:2, 3:3 or other high scoring draw then Italy are out no matter what.
2. If Spain-Croatia ends 1:1, then Italy needs to win by 3 goals or 4:2, 5:3 etc. But also...see #3.

3. If Spain-Croatia ends 1:1 and Italy beat Ireland 3:1, then Italy proceed to the quarters due to having better UEFA coefficient.

4. If Spain-Italy ends 0:0, then Italy only needs to win in order to win the group and qualify.
5. If there is a winner on Spain-Croatia, then Italy qualifies with a win over Ireland.
6. If Italy fail to win, then they are out.

got it but still a 2-2 tie means that
Spain 5pts goals for 7 /// goals against 3 diff 4
Croatia 5pts goals for 6 /// goals against 4 diff 2

Italy stands now @ goals for 2 /// goals against 2 diff 0
If they win 4-0 they would have 6 goals like croatia with only 2 against and a 4 goal diff...
How wouldn't they go through in this case?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

If they win 4-0 they would have 6 goals like croatia with only 2 against and a 4 goal diff...
If it's a 2:2 tie between Croatia and Spain, while Italy beats Ireland, then Italy are out because a mini-table is created between Spain, Croatia and Italy, in which their matches against Ireland won't be counted.

So...
Italy-Spain 1:1
Italy-Croatia 1:1
Spain-Croatia 2:2

Mini table:
1. Spain 2 pts (3:3)
2. Croatia 2 pts (3:3)
3. Italy 2 pts (2:2)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Look what lead to the goal. Croatia were passing the ball like Spain, no pressure + we couldn't create turnovers to counter-attack.

Prandelli said we need more energy... the freshness of Abate and Balzaretti would be useful.
Prandelli said he'll be using the same formation because the teams prefers 3 defenders but he'll be making 3-4 player switches in the team to keep them fresh.

Not really sure who he should switch though...

Because it just doesn't go strictly to goal difference. It matters about the head-to-head goals as well.

Jul 1, 2010
Prandelli said he'll be using the same formation because the teams prefers 3 defenders but he'll be making 3-4 player switches in the team to keep them fresh.

Because it just doesn't go strictly to goal difference. It matters about the head-to-head goals as well.
Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Maggio-De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio-Balzaretti
Di Natale-Balotelli​

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
If it's a 2:2 tie between Croatia and Spain, while Italy beats Ireland, then Italy are out because a mini-table is created between Spain, Croatia and Italy, in which their matches against Ireland won't be counted.

So...
Italy-Spain 1:1
Italy-Croatia 1:1
Spain-Croatia 2:2

Mini table:
1. Spain 2 pts (3:3)
2. Croatia 2 pts (3:3)
3. Italy 2 pts (2:2)
AHHHHHHHHHHHH ok ok now its clear Thank you!

Lets just go win big vs Ireland and hope for the best in the other game! They shouldn't even bother looking at the score, just play, win, attack freely with no pressure and then after the game let the cards fall where they may! If we're gonna go out, lets go out with a bang!

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Maggio-De Rossi-Pirlo-Marchisio-Balzaretti
Di Natale-Balotelli​
That's what I was thinking. Cassano seems to fatigue very early. I'm just thinking, Balz is better at defending than Giaccherini but Giaccherini is better at attacking than Balz and don't you think we need the most amount of attacking power as possible? We all know Ireland is going to put 10 men behind the ball.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ok ok now its clear Thank you!

Lets just go win big vs Ireland and hope for the best in the other game! They shouldn't even bother looking at the score, just play, win, attack freely with no pressure and then after the game let the cards fall where they may! If we're gonna go out, lets go out with a bang!
:tup:

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
For some reason I dont see spain settling for a tie because if croatia win and we win that would put them out no? Im more worried about the fact that trapattoni is going to fuck us over and make his team play the game of their lives.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
That's what I was thinking. Cassano seems to fatigue very early. I'm just thinking, Balz is better at defending than Giaccherini but Giaccherini is better at attacking than Balz and don't you think we need the most amount of attacking power as possible? We all know Ireland is going to put 10 men behind the ball.

:tup:

Giacc hasnt really shown anything in attack so far, I doubt Balza would be any worse.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
For some reason I dont see spain settling for a tie because if croatia win and we win that would put them out no? Im more worried about the fact that trapattoni is going to fuck us over and make his team play the game of their lives.
I don't think it'll be a draw either, there will be a winner.

Giacc hasnt really shown anything in attack so far, I doubt Balza would be any worse.
I guess you're right.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Yeah tough choices. If DDR moves into mid, maybe he'll bring Marchisio off the bench to use his pace when the game opens up.
Balo should stay 90min to give a target. He didn't look that tired.

Cassano-Balotelli
Balzaretti-DDR-Pirlo-Motta-Abate
Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonnucci​

then Marchisio, Dinat, Giovinco to finish it.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Just....... read.

Italy - Croatia 1 - 1

In a tense match that ended in a draw there were two big surprises. First, nowhere in the stands have not seen naked Croatian cheerleaders and secondly, no fan tried to kiss the mouth of coach Slaven Bilic, despite the favorable result that his team has achieved.

The leading goal for the Italians scored an experienced Andrea Pirlo. Otherwise, in the village from which Pirlo originates, elderly gentleman living, herbalist by profession, who has a 96 percent success in treating varicose veins using the tea. Do not forget before the end of the first half to note that the gentleman in his spare time writing poetry.

Continuation of the game he took another picture because when Mandzukic tied the result, hit the crossbar into the Buffon's goal, who, I have this to share with you, has a niece who recently won a scholarship to Harvard, but still rethink whether to go for for several years in connection with her boyfriend from her town and she does not really believe in these relationships at a distance, a friend advised her to try, guy feels sorry, he doesn't want to slow her career, but we'll talk about that later.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
We have a commentator here who always talk like that (digging interesting stuff), now one guy decided to make a parody out of that and invent some crazy shit. :D

"The match was watched by 39 150 people, of whom 2720 were left-handed, a bouncer at a game has an aunt who lives in New Zealand."

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
One thing we can know is, if the Spain and Croatia game ends in a 2-2 draw - it was definitely planned.

I'd forever hate Spain and Croatia. Not that I like Spain already, but I will hate Croatia as well. :)

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Cassano is a must. He had an excellent first half yesterday.

How bad is Maggio as RB in a 4-3-3 system? Even worse than what he is in 3-5-2?
he doesn't have the stamina or fitness to play a full game.... I rather bring him in in the 2nd half fresh when the Irish defenders are already tired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)