Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Xperd

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
  • Thread Starter #61
    I have seen him play for Benfica in the CL and i was highly impressed by him.Excellent player technically.Since then tho,i havent noticed him much.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Witsel is a CM that would be inferior to all the current cm's.

He is an inferior CAM compared to Pereyra

Dennis Praet on CAM with Pereyra on CM, costs far less, and is a stronger team then one that benches any of two mentionned players for Witsel.

Witsel plays for our NT cause he's a complete CM that is decent at infiltrating offensively. I personally prefer Nainggolan+Fellaini+De Bruyne(cam) with Mertens and Hazard on the wings. He plays cause Defour didnt quite reach his potential, dembele is a liability at cm and Simons is to old. When Praet and Tielemans come to maturity, he'll very easely hit the bench forever. Nainggolan+tielemans behind a randomly chosen trio of : Hazard, Praet,De Bruyne, Januzaj, Chadli, Mertens.

This is not the Belgian NT , this is Juventus. Unlike Belgium we got more then 1 worldclass CM, we got 3.

Witsel has no place at juventus, other then a bench player.

I agree with @chester that its a far better idea to get Praet and Tielemans. Most interesting young talent in Belgium currently.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Witsel is actually known for his technical ability rather than his tactical discipline.
    BS, except for the one mistake he made against Wasileski when Witsel was still very young, there is no, and I meanreally NO reason to think the guy has problems with discipline or doesn't understand tactics. He does what he is asked to do, just not more.
    I'd like to see Pirlo playing no more than 10 games next season, infact I wouldn't mind him to be sold/told to go in the Summer, Witsel would slot infront of the defence nicely and would offer the same tactical discipline as Marchisio, yes he may not be flashy but he's a solid player.
    Agree, he would fit, and I would definately not mind having him here, just not for 30 MEuro, anything between 15-18 and it would be a good deal.
    Not for the rumored price, he isn't.

Screw that.
    Correct, that is the issue
    BS

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    padoin is better positionalwise and in terms of tactical sense and feeling.

Witsel offcourse has greatly superior technique and offensive skills.

I'd put Padoin up to sub Marchisio as CDM. But for an offensive minded CM Witsel is better.

I'd pick Pereyra over witsel for any position tho.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    Even a more defensive midfield position?

Witsel always seemed like a very good in a more defensive role due to his good positioning, strong on-the-ball defense and his above average tackling.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006

I'd put Padoin up to sub Marchisio as CDM. But for an offensive minded CM Witsel is better.

Not as DM, as CM or AM, ok, but as DM, no way.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    Please remind the Argentina game, where even our own commentators were pointing out how many tens of meters Witsel was continiously running out of position.

chester

Too busy to bother
    May 20, 2006
    Please remind me the other 20 games were he did very well as DM.
    And against Argentina, 10/11 Belgians sucked, the one who didn't, ws the GK.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    "very well" compared to all the surrounding underperforming players maybe

The recent games have to be the single ones where i didnt feel that we were seriously underperforming considering the vast array of talent we got

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

no

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.

Let's assume for a moment that Pogba does get sold.

Why would Juve even target another midfielder? Let's assume the rest of the crew comes back next year.

You have Pirlo, Padoin, Vidal, Marchisio, Asamoah (Yes, as a midfielder. Don't give me this nonsense about him being a LB. He's not. He's a LWB at most. CM is where this cat belongs) and Pereyra.

That is 6 midfielders already. And if you absolutely have to get one, then get a cheaper alternative for the 7th midfielder.

The money would need to be spent on a LB, an AMF and another striker.

Where the $#@! would Axel Rose play anyway on this team. Do you want to tell me that Witsel is better than a healthy Asamoah? Hell no. I doubt he's even better than Pereyra.

This is all just foolishness.

@Alex-444 do something about this. Certainly you can pay him a visit when Zenit come around.
    you forgot Sturaro when you listed the CMs. also, it depends where we would play Asamoah (if we dont sign a LB, then he would definitely play there together with Evra, we are covered at CM even without him), Pereyra (also depends on who we sign, he could be our starting AM next season) and also if Padoin stays. im against signing this guy, even more for the 30M Zenit is asking (according to GDM), but if we sign another CM i can understand why is that. gonna wait and see what Beppe had in mind first. one thing is sure, its gonna be an exciting summer once again

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    I wouldn't mind him tbh.

Specially if Pereyra remains our starting AM, and Asamoah stays a LB.

Pogba-Marchisio-Vidal is a WC midfield, but our options to rest/rotate it, are far from ideal, even with Pirlo, there are some games were we can't trust him.

Padoin is constantly used as a RB/LB, but when Asamoah and Caceres come back he'll stay a CM mostly. And probably he'll be gone in the summer, we don't know.
    Sturaro is looking good so far, and seems to have a nice ceiling.

It comes down to whether Pirlo stays or leaves IMO.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    no

- - - Updated - - -

you forgot Sturaro when you listed the CMs. also, it depends where we would play Asamoah (if we dont sign a LB, then he would definitely play there together with Evra, we are covered at CM even without him), Pereyra (also depends on who we sign, he could be our starting AM next season) and also if Padoin stays. im against signing this guy, even more for the 30M Zenit is asking (according to GDM), but if we sign another CM i can understand why is that. gonna wait and see what Beppe had in mind first. one thing is sure, its gonna be an exciting summer once again
    Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

As far as Asamoah is concerned, I prefer to have him as a CM in a 4 man backline. Padoin did a more than serviceable job as a backup to Evra this season, and there is no body of evidence to suggest that Asa can do well as a LB. He has been primarily a LWB.

Jul 20, 2012
    Yea i agree while it might look like we have a lot of midfielders or rather cms we dont.

I really think we wont go after a am or a trequartista and instead stick with Pereyra who is showing that he could play there.

So our starting midfield will be

Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba
    Pereyra​

While our bench will consist of Sturaro, Pirlo, Padoin and Asa. Asa will most likely continue on at lb while Pirlo should no longer be a part of our team. So that really leaves us with 2 more cms and i dont trust Padoin. For 15m Witsel wouldnt be a bad deal

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
    Oh yeah, I forgot about him.

As far as Asamoah is concerned, I prefer to have him as a CM in a 4 man backline. Padoin did a more than serviceable job as a backup to Evra this season, and there is no body of evidence to suggest that Asa can do well as a LB. He has been primarily a LWB.
    How can you say that? They're basically the same position, seriously. Yeah, maybe you have more freedom going forward as a LWB but Asamoah didn't precisely set the world on fire while doing so, on the other side he always had magnificent defensive displays.

- - - Updated - - -

People would seriously rather have Asamoah in the bench than as a LB?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)