Automatic gear VS Manual gear (6 Viewers)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
If u want to buy a car, what type of gear do u prefer: the manual gear or the automatic gear?

I prefer the manual gear since it allows the driver to have the car in his hands, but still the automatic is much easier..

so what do u prefer?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I would buy an automatic car for town service & a manual one for longer distances.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
when u drive an automatic car u feel like u r driving a circus car :D ,bumper car 2 be more accurate,auto. cars are so easy to control,while manual just needs practice with shifting gears and stuff. ;)

OP
NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++
    when u drive an automatic car u feel like u r driving a circus car :D ,bumper car 2 be more accurate,auto. cars are so easy to control,while manual just needs practice with shifting gears and stuff. ;)
    Ur right, automatic cars are so easy to drive, but these types of cars cause accidents because they dont need alot of concentration and attention as manual cars does; when u drive a manual gear car, u have to keep focused on everything: the gear shift, the clutch...etc, which makes manual cars safer than the automatic cars, plus, manual transmission is so much fun and it consumes less fuel. On the other hand, automatic driving, as Vicky said, makes ur life easier, and is more convenient in cities...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd like one of those automatics where you can still shift yourself by moving the gear shift up or down ;)

That's cool :cool:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

Ur right, automatic cars are so easy to drive, but these types of cars cause accidents because they dont need alot of concentration and attention as manual cars does; when u drive a manual gear car, u have to keep focused on everything: the gear shift, the clutch...etc, which makes manual cars safer than the automatic cars,
    for begininger, yes... but for most people, that's not true. just like driving, you get used to it.... you dont even realize that you're shifting gears.

plus, manual transmission is so much fun and it consumes less fuel. On the other hand, automatic driving, as Vicky said, makes ur life easier, and is more convenient in cities...
    It's is funner, but not when your in the middle of rush hour. It'll mess up your knees. try playing football after that :stress:

I dont think it consumes less fuel either. it's about the same. you may think so because most Auto cars are bigger and therefore consume more fuel. The gear type doesn't make a significant difference.

The Solution: Steptronic Gears like the ones in Beemers, Audies, and Benzs... :cool: :thumb:
    Relax when you want and have fun when you want... and it's even good for those not too comfortable with manual gears. If you have it in manual mode, it shifts automaticly if you take too long to do so it won't stall...

venom

Oct 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    The Solution: Steptronic Gears like the ones in Beemers, Audies, and Benzs... :cool: :thumb:
    You mean those stupid flaps behind steering wheel??? That's an invention of Devil, or Jesus depending your beliefs.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    yep... too bad it's wasted on a volvo though ... ;)
    :(

Volvo's are frekin fantastic mate, I love 'em :thumb:

You have a better chanc to survive a crash in a Volvo than in any other car ;)

++ [ originally posted by venom ] ++

You mean those stupid flaps behind steering wheel??? That's an invention of Devil, or Jesus depending your beliefs.
    Yeah, or you can have ger shifts like in the pic above. You move it in to the right (M) position and then you manually change gears by moving the gear shift forward or back.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I consider myself too stupid to drive manual, so I gave up on it. Mostly because there is so much traffic here, and I cant keep up with the clutch, the gears, the brake, etc etc etc etc. I can drive manual and my car is manual, but I dont like driving it

The only way I'd drive manual is if I get an Audi

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I still havent got my licence yet because Im too lazy to go and get a psychological test I need, but I can say Im a good driver, like two weeks ago I almost ran over some guy for being distracted ;)

Arturo my car is a lancer 2003, but its name isnt lancer because its made here and not in Japan

I want a Corolla or Astra or Civic or Galant or Jeep Cherokee, but I dont think Im getting that one

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    You mean you dont want to take it because you couldnt pass the psyhological tests? :p

Anyways, I'd like a Volvo S40 :cool:

Volvos are :cool:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Jje well... mine is not the new model of lancer... but i didnt wanted the new one because i dont like it.

The guy who sold the car to me...almost never used it (from 98 to 2004 the car just had 20,000 kilometers :eek:...almost nothing)...and because he had a car crash... the car was without use for more than a year...so i had to first take out the damaged parts (was just the chasis in the right back part of the car...and the door was not damaged thanks god) and clean the engine and so on because the lack of use.

The machine is 1.3...so it doenst run fast... but is more than enough for me...i dont like high speeds after all. With the new rhines and the new tires it looks veyr very cool.

I had a tough match because the Daughters of the owner of the car...that are some years older than me...wanted it desesperately... but in the end i won the tug o war for the car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)