Australia vs Uruguay - The rematch (4 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Doubt the Germans agree with that statement :D

I myself am one of those Europeans who believes a World Cup should consist strictly of European teams + Argentina & Brazil
i guess u were pretty pissed Holland didnt make it last time :D

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Not really actually; I lived in England back then and it was impossible to even watch any other country besides England so I didn't really realise :D

italian_stylez

Feb 27, 2005
It will be close, the aussie people have had a big lead up to this game, it means alot to us, more than you can think. The only problem is, Uruguay get to play 20 games against quality oppositions in Sth Amrica, just to get the right to play Australia. Australia on the other hand, played in the Confed cup with half the team, and have played mediocre teams in the lead up this to the match. I hope we can pull of a result in Uruguay, and the home leg to follow will be huge.

It will be hard to be against Zala and Montero, but im half Austrlian, and its in the blood that counts.

Beto

Nov 3, 2005
URuguay! Uruguay!, I hope Recoba, Forlan and Zala wipe the floor with them,

I think their hardest obstacle is Hiddink

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Socceroos lead at half-time
Haig Kayserian

The Socceroos have levelled their World Cup qualification series after taking a 1-0 lead against Uruguay in the second leg at Sydney's Telstra Stadium.

Marco Bresciano got the telling goal in the 34th minute after a move involving early substitute Harry Kewell.

Tim Cahill won the ball in midfield, passed to Mark Viduka on the edge of the area, who flicked the ball into the direction of Kewell. The Liverpool midfielder, brought on for Tony Popovic just two minutes earlier, mis-kicked his effort with Bresciano on the spot to hit the ball into the roof of Uruguay's net.

Uruguay has caused Australia many problems, with Inter Milan midfielder Alvaro Recoba the main danger from countless free-kicks given in dangerous areas around the hosts' box.

The Socceroos have had their share of the play though, with Jason Culina forcing a great save from Fabian Carini before Bresciano's goal after being teed up by the energetic Viduka.

Feb 27, 2005
OMG its extra time, Australia win the night 1-0, but only level the tie, EXTRA TIME, but Montero and Recoba are off, Zalayeta got subbed on for Recoba at around 70 mins, and looks good. BUT GO AUSTRALIA CMONNNNNN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)