Australia vs Uruguay - The rematch (4 Viewers)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Erik, I've seen you mention on several occasions that it's a tradition for Uruguay to knock Australia out at the last hurdle every four years... I don't really understand how you got this impression, since we've most recently fallen to Scotland, Argentina and Iran. I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not as traditional as you'd like to imagine..
Duh...

OP
Codino

Codino

The Rival
Jul 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #23
    ++ [ originally posted by Rami ] ++

2002 Australia-Uruguay
    1998 Australia-Iran
    1994 Australia-Argentina

I dont think it was Uruguay twice cuz I am sure 1994 was Argentina (Marradona baby;))
    yes, it will be uruguay for the second time.

OP
    Codino

Codino

The Rival
    Jul 21, 2002
  • Thread Starter #26
    because oceania has a coefficient of 0.5. which means they have half a spot of making the world cup. the south american group has a coefficient of 4.5.

so the both halves verse eachother.

but. australia has been moved into the asian qualifying, and for 2010 will be with japan, china etc.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++
    i think it all works out even. by ratio of countries and spots.
    Agreed. Europe has 52 countries, only 14 spots. It's just the way it works; we can't all participate in the tournament.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++
    its pretty unfair that south america get 4.5 sopts out of 12 countries...
    veryyy unfaaair, godaaam north america gett 3.5:fero:!!!! whhhyY?? i dont understand, its cuz of that sepp blatter asswipe

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Codino ] ++

but. australia has been moved into the asian qualifying, and for 2010 will be with japan, china etc.
    Good... So national teams like Saudi Arabia would have more obstacles in their way to the world cup... the harder the path, the better....

I'd rather we don't qualify then go to the WC and make fools of ourselves.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Yeah that performance against Germany was no good. Anyone losing to Germany like that pisses me off...
    Imagine how we felt...

I refuse to call that a football game as it takes two teams to play a game.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Doubt the Germans agree with that statement :D

I myself am one of those Europeans who believes a World Cup should consist strictly of European teams + Argentina & Brazil

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I myself am one of those Europeans who believes a World Cup should consist strictly of European teams + Argentina & Brazil
    When it comes to fun factor, I agree. If I played on the Brazilian NT, I would see the other games as a bit of a waste of energy and time.

But the rest of the world has to look forward to something and i'm sure they can learn and gain valuable experience just by being around the "big guys."

playing against Macao and Nepal (no offense) won't get teams like KSA, Japan, Iran and S.Korea any better.

Jan 7, 2004

thats why the euro is more competitive than the wc

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
    nah, last world cup germany got to beat Parguay only 1-0 with a last minute goal. 1998 France got ´em 1-0 on a golden goal. In 2002 Ecuador won agaisnt Croatia and gave Italy the qualification(well Alex´s goal did that:)). Still don´t underrate the rest of the southamerican teams

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    I got one word for yer:

Parawho? :p

Just don't bother mate; Europeans are EXTREMELY chauvinistic when it comes to football. Nothing personal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)