Australia vs Uruguay - The rematch (2 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:lol: what a joke of a confederation Oceania is. Really does need to be absorbed into the AFC, and all these hopeless teams need to be sorted out in pre qualifying.

I'll be at the game tonight. Hopefully a big win and our qualification to Brazil is confirmed :)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't really rate any of Australia's strikers over him. I don't see why Rogic doesn't start, kruse is shit, Jedinak should play. So many issues. Cahill shouldnt be playing as a strike.

Nov 17, 2012
Kennedy leading the line with Cahill just in behind would be a huge areal threat to almost any team!

I've been thinking, given we've had issues with finding a decent LB (McKay has done alright, but is a bit wasted being so far back), and Wilkshire is something of a hybrid RB. Could the 3-5-2 ever work for the Socceroos?

-----------Schwarz---------------
--------Oga--Milligan--Niell--------
---Wilk--Jed--Bresc--Rog--McKay--
---------Cahill/Holman/Kruse-------
---------Archie/Jesus/Cahill--------

Thoughts?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:notbad:

But like you said, we'd need a better left sided wingback than McKay. How is that McGowan kid coming along? Also, I think we need to look at maybe phasing Ogmonster out of the team soon and bringing in another young and quality CB, perhaps Rhys Williams can play that role as well?

Nov 17, 2012
I found Grant quite impressive for Sydney when he took Fabio's place at LB. Being a Sydney sider (and I assume seeing the team live at home), what do you think? tbh I think McKay offers too much going forward to be used as a LB, he'd be better at LWB.

The main loser in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1 is Tommy Oar, which is a shame, he and Kruse have bright futures ahead in our team methinks!

Putting Milligan in a back three he'd function a bit like if we were to put Caceres in the middle of a back three; he's a better passer of the ball and yet also has good pace, which both Niell and Oga are sorely lacking in.

Nov 17, 2012
Can't help but reminisce about the first world cup I (among a great many others) got to see Australia compete it..

:touched:

Such a sweet memory, I still remember where and with whom I was watching this match, I was jumping all over my mate's couch at our pad (back when we were 17/18 fresh outta school haha) after each of the three goals, absolutely insane.. These highlights still manage to give me a massive rod! :tuttosport:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)