Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
JUVENTUS REJECT LIVERPOOL'S MORATA BID

" Juventus have turned down a €60m offer from Liverpool for striker Alvaro Morata, according to reports in Gazzetta dello Sport.

However, the Italian sports daily also says the Serie A champions could decide to sell the Spain international this summer and use the money from his exit to lure PSG forward Edinson Cavani to Turin.

And it is also believed that Spurs have enquired about the player's availability. "

Media getting desperate.

I read about another article where Tottehnam are supposed to offer around 50 mil for him. I would sell him in a heart bit for something over 55-60 mil and I would do that right now as his quote is still high. Selling him won't affect much out CL chances as we have 10% chance to overtake Bayern and can and will win Seria A and maybe Coppa too without him because this season he was awful for us. For now get a 4th choice striker for depth on loan with few $ and save that 50+ millions for a proper signing in the summer. He scores so few goals and many of them are easy tap-ins...he's hot like Tevez or Dybala, he can't create goals for himself or chances for others, I can't see him becoming WC as now is isn't really eves useful for domestic level. Imagine selling him now and getting a proper player instead.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I read about another article where Tottehnam are supposed to offer around 50 mil for him. I would sell him in a heart bit for something over 55-60 mil and I would do that right now as his quote is still high. Selling him won't affect much out CL chances as we have 10% chance to overtake Bayern and can and will win Seria A and maybe Coppa too without him because this season he was awful for us. For now get a 4th choice striker for depth on loan with few $ and save that 50+ millions for a proper signing in the summer. He scores so few goals and many of them are easy tap-ins...he's hot like Tevez or Dybala, he can't create goals for himself or chances for others, I can't see him becoming WC as now is isn't really eves useful for domestic level. Imagine selling him now and getting a proper player instead.
And i bet you saw him as the next big CF when he scored all those goals against Madrid and Barcelona.

Few months of inadequate game time and dip in form and he's deemed to be not good enough for Juventus.Great.

Just glad highly qualified and professional people are running this club.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
And i bet you saw him as the next big CF when he scored all those goals against Madrid and Barcelona.

Few months of inadequate game time and dip in form and he's deemed to be not good enough for Juventus.Great.

Just glad highly qualified and professional people are running this club.
I actually didn't got over excited when he did well for us in those Cl games. I don't have anything personal against him but Dybala is the kind of player that can go past 2-3 defenders and finish with a technical strike. I don't see Morata doing that. Morata is the kind of player that does well when the team plays well and numerous opportunities come trough build-up play. Dybala, like Tevez, is a player that can himself drive the team forward and I don't see Morata getting there. Morata can't score on him own and we saw that very clearly in the first part of the season. I'm not praising a player after one great game and boo him the next. I've taken into consideration his one and a half seasons with Juve as I spoke my mind and for me it's pretty clear: at least so far, he's quite under the starting eleven at Juve. I hope he gets better but right now, I'd rather have 50 mil to be well spent, over Morata.

Jun 6, 2015
I actually didn't got over excited when he did well for us in those Cl games. I don't have anything personal against him but Dybala is the kind of player that can go past 2-3 defenders and finish with a technical strike. I don't see Morata doing that. Morata is the kind of player that does well when the team plays well and numerous opportunities come trough build-up play. Dybala, like Tevez, is a player that can himself drive the team forward and I don't see Morata getting there. Morata can't score on him own and we saw that very clearly in the first part of the season. I'm not praising a player after one great game and boo him the next. I've taken into consideration his one and a half seasons with Juve as I spoke my mind and for me it's pretty clear: at least so far, he's quite under the starting eleven at Juve. I hope he gets better but right now, I'd rather have 50 mil to be well spent, over Morata.
Morata is exactly the kind of striker who can create something out of nothing with his movement and pace. He has all the attributes to be a monster I would never accept 50 mil for him. Last season Morata was on fire from january I'm expecting the same this season.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
In general, Morata does well when the opposition plays an open game, and he doesn't do so well against a parked bus. He's good on the ball, has a good touch and speed, and that's why he thrives in open space and is good on the counter. That's why he did well vs CL sides that played open footy. Serie A defenses play a low line, defend in numbers, and don't offer much space, and opponents like that don't suit him very well.

Another one of his strengths is, when in form, he's a clutch striker. But now, he's off form, has low confidence, and even seems scared to shoot.

Just because he hasn't fared as well in Serie A doesn't mean he never will. We're talking about a young striker with potential, not the finished article. And he HAS shown plenty of potential and developed rapidly in the course of a year last season.

Dybala is an amazing, Pogba-level talent. Being worse than Dybala is no shame. They're also different kind of strikers: one is a CF, the other a SS.

If someone like Cavani is available and would join us, Morata should be sold instantly and without hesitation if 50+ million is offered. Without a WC replacement, there's no need to sell him.

PowerNedved

Mar 21, 2014
Morata will be a great striker, he just needs to embrace his CF position and avoid getting to the left corner as a winger, kind of the same problem Henry had. I know Marotta worked last summer to put together a complete front line. Dybala is the talentes fantasista, Mandzukic is the experienced striker, Morata is the speedster and Zaza is the one who pushes the others to stay at a high level. Cavani would play the same role as Mandzukic so there's no reason we bring him for Morata.

Jun 6, 2015
I think Vazquez is very underrated here but do we need him probably not. Very difficult to see Allegri playing him as an attacking mid for us when you look the history of players Allegri has used there (Nocerino, Boateng, Vidal).

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think Vazquez is very underrated here but do we need him probably not. Very difficult to see Allegri playing him as an attacking mid for us when you look the history of players Allegri has used there (Nocerino, Boateng, Vidal).
Allegri seems to enjoy AMs that can score basic goals and can press/defend well. At least that is what he asks his AMs to do it seems. However, He never really had a proper AM or trequarista in any of his teams. So there is the possibility that he would play a proper creative or flair trequarista if he had one available.

The question is, What CM/CAM can attack with some flair and creativity while still being defensively sound? Who is a well rounded midfielder of that sort?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Depay is a bit of a hardhead trough his somewhat traumatised youth, that finds it hard to listen when ordered to do something, and will question anything he'll disagree with.

Professional players identify their strenghts and weaknesses and work very hard against them, and are open to any orders or criticism to improve themselves further, individually and for the team.

Tha hat does give it away a lil bit. You need to be as good as Hazard to get away with that. But hazard works pretty hard on self improvement all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, Allegri is a versatile coach that tries to put players there and alters the tactic to make it fit, when he doesnt have a starting quality player who's a natural cam ?

Pereyra can play am, and he played there most of the time. Vidal moved to AM to compensate for Pirlo. You forgot about him very conveniently. Or Hernanes, who just failed there.

Vazquez is the ideal idea. Cheap and solid benchplayer who can be used to shift temporary to 4312 from the default 352 when the tactics demand it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)