Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Nothing at all btw. I just dislike De Sciglio quite a bit as a player (have said so tons of times in this forum past years), he signifies everything thats wrong with current average italian generation, overrated and severely lacking in quality. Living off the prestige and reputation of past greats. He was hyped as new Maldini for so long simply for coming out of their youth academy, when he is barely acceptable starter majority of the time. Only decent player they produced in ages is Darmian.
I think you're severely underestimating De Sciglio. He's been plagued with injuries, hence his stall in development. You're making it sound like he's the next Padoin, while he's been one of the best young players in the league few years ago, but due to already mentioned injuries hasn't been performing regularly, recently. Absolutely briliant FB and I'd love him here. Anyone who's seen at least glimpses of him over the years would probably feel the same. But even Milan's mgt aren't this dumb to even contemplate the exchange between the two.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You find him absolutely brilliant FB, and you think the issue is I'm underestimating him? Are you kidding me?

This absolutely brilliant FB havent done shit in ages and is currently benched by Antonelli and Abate, who allways been better then him anyways.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think you're severely underestimating De Sciglio. He's been plagued with injuries, hence his stall in development. You're making it sound like he's the next Padoin, while he's been one of the best young players in the league few years ago, but due to already mentioned injuries hasn't been performing regularly, recently. Absolutely briliant FB and I'd love him here. Anyone who's seen at least glimpses of him over the years would probably feel the same. But even Milan's mgt aren't this dumb to even contemplate the exchange between the two.
:shifty: :lol:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Italian defenders have this habbit of showing potential early, then stall due to witchcraft, and suddenly blossom later on.

Honestly, how many tought Bonucci would become like today ?

I didnt for one.

Juve has a habbit of restoring defenders to their predicted glory

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
You find him absolutely brilliant FB, and you think the issue is I'm underestimating him? Are you kidding me?

This absolutely brilliant FB havent done shit in ages and is currently benched by Antonelli and Abate, who allways been better then him anyways.
Wat? He's been fairly regular for Milan this term, are you fuckin' high?

Antonelli and Abate better players :rofl: Just admit it, you've never seen the guy. And I can't say I'm surprised.

Should have added young, but my point still stands. I'd gladly exchange Caceres for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Italian defenders have this habbit of showing potential early, then stall due to witchcraft, and suddenly blossom later on.

Honestly, how many tought Bonucci would become like today ?

I didnt for one.

Juve has a habbit of restoring defenders to their predicted glory
:agree:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Should have added young, but my point still stands. I'd gladly exchage Caceres for him.
I agree with this, only because Caceres has been mediocre for us, injured frequently, and seems to get himself in trouble off the field far too often.

But calling De Sciglio a brilliant FB is ridiculous. He's been incredibly mediocre, even if injuries have played their part in this. Part of football is overcoming those injuries in order to perform. And De Sciglio hasn't shown yet that he can regain his form and promise from 3-4 years ago. Perhaps a change of scenery to a team like Juve would help with this, but he's certainly not a brilliant FB currently.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Abate is better (he is better attacking, while decent defensively), didnt say Antonelli is, but the latter has taken his De Sciglio's starting LB lately, he started vs Fiorentina and will start vs Empoli tonight. The fact I dont rate Antonelli is why I say his performances has become questionable enough that he is benched for him right now. Both are so mediocre who starts doesnt even matter. But one of them is being called brilliant by some when he performs like the opposite of that term.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I agree with this, only because Caceres has been mediocre for us, injured frequently, and seems to get himself in trouble off the field far too often.

But calling De Sciglio a brilliant FB is ridiculous. He's been incredibly mediocre, even if injuries have played their part in this. Part of football is overcoming those injuries in order to perform. And De Sciglio hasn't shown yet that he can regain his form and promise from 3-4 years ago. Perhaps a change of scenery to a team like Juve would help with this, but he's certainly not a brilliant FB currently.
De Sciglio is highly regarded around peninsula, he's shown incredible amount of potential over the years, but staying healthy has been an issue for him in the last 2 seasons. This year he's finally starting to show glimpses of his 2013/14 form, has been regular performer for them and if he stays injury free till the end of season, he'll make it to Azzurri squad. Don't see an issue calling him briliant young FB. Absolute travesty to place him on the equal footing to Antonelli or Abate, the latter is pretty much clueless runner and the difference in sheer amount of talent between the two is staggering.

Abate is better (he is better attacking, while decent defensively), didnt say Antonelli is, but the latter has taken his De Sciglio's starting LB lately, he started vs Fiorentina and will start vs Empoli tonight. The fact I dont rate Antonelli is why I say his performances has become questionable enough that he is benched for him right now. Both are so mediocre who starts doesnt even matter. But one of them is being called brilliant by some when he performs like the opposite of that term.
Last game ffs. This is as dumb as people saying Pogba is benched for Asamoah lately, because former stayed on the bench against Udinese.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
de sciglio has never been brilliant, but he has shown potential to become a very good italian fullback

but you are true when you say he isnt really performing like he has that at the moment, and for some time now

he needs to move or risk ruin his career

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
De Sciglio is closer to shit than he is brilliant

But who knows what he could do surrounded by a much more competent team providing he stays fit. He always looked too timid to me, like he was holding back .

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
De Sciglio is very weak and makes a lot of mistakes. We better keep Caceres, we need him until the end of the season. I'd renew his contract if it was up to me but we don't know the full story behind the whole situation.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Milan management are a joke, every time i watch azzuri, De Sciglio usually one of the good performer.

And agree with Zach, many italians defender are a late bloomer. The most recent one are bonucci, and barzagi. Given cecares current contract it's no brainer to reject those proposal (if those news for real).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)