Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Well, I'm wrong then. I don't consider him Isco class either, considering Isco is younger and has more room to improve, although based on current form, Saponara has been fantastic this year.

I just recall conversations in the summer/early fall where you told me I was overrating him, and that he'd be a mediocre signing?

Anyways, I agree with you on him. A quality rotational player, who might surprise us and become an excellent starter.
I dint call him a mediocre player.But i did say he'll be an underwhelming AM signing for Juventus considering he was coming off one good season.Now he's having another very good season.

Either way it wont be easy for him to replicate that sort of stuff he does at Empoli in Juventus because he'll have less space to deal with.But he's a very good player and a goalscoring midfielder at that which is a very good attribute to have.

Lets remember he'll be 25 pretty soon and so he's not exactly young-ish either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
People here disgustingly underrate Saponara. He'd be a fantastic signing. They act like we have to be trolling to think he's a very good young player, but that's not the case in the slightest. He's not yet a finished product, but the strides he's made over the last 18 months a damn impressive.
Basically every single person who has ridiculed DanielSz considering him a great player.

And IMO you are one of the people who underrate him. Just as you think I'm one of the people who overrate him.
Well, I'm wrong then. I don't consider him Isco class either, considering Isco is younger and has more room to improve, although based on current form, Saponara has been fantastic this year.

I just recall conversations in the summer/early fall where you told me I was overrating him, and that he'd be a mediocre signing?

Anyways, I agree with you on him. A quality rotational player, who might surprise us and become an excellent starter.
How are others disgustingly underrating Saponara by disagreeing with Daniel when he's saying Saponara > Isco, and how are you in agreement with Daniel when you're saying you don't consider him Isco class aka Saponara < Isco?

Do you think Isco will just be a quality rotational player?

And Isco isn't above Sapo's class only because he's younger and has more room to improve. At a younger age, he's already multiple classes above Saponara.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How are others disgustingly underrating Saponara by disagreeing with Daniel when he's saying Saponara > Isco, and how are you in agreement with Daniel when you're saying you don't consider him Isco class aka Saponara < Isco?

Do you think Isco will just be a quality rotational player?

And Isco isn't above Sapo's class only because he's younger and has more room to improve. At a younger age, he's already multiple classes above Saponara.
With his form this year? Yep.

Saponara has been great this year. Isco has done more in previous years, but he really hasn't been much better than Saponara over the last 18 months. I still rate him a class above, but he's certainly not "multiple classes" above Saponara as things stand.

I'm in agreement with Daniel in saying that Saponara is a damn good player, and even if he'd only be a quality rotation player to start here, I could easily see him turning into an essential starting XI player within his first season here.

- - - Updated - - -

I dint call him a mediocre player.But i did say he'll be an underwhelming AM signing for Juventus considering he was coming off one good season.Now he's having another very good season.

Either way it wont be easy for him to replicate that sort of stuff he does at Empoli in Juventus because he'll have less space to deal with.But he's a very good player and a goalscoring midfielder at that which is a very good attribute to have.

Lets remember he'll be 25 pretty soon and so he's not exactly young-ish either.
:tup:

I think he turns 25 next December. So he's a ways off yet.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
When did I say Saponara>Isco? I didn't even say he was as good. Just that he was approaching that class. It was just an opinion.

And he's only a few months older than Isco

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
With his form this year? Yep.

Saponara has been great this year. Isco has done more in previous years, but he really hasn't been much better than Saponara over the last 18 months. I still rate him a class above, but he's certainly not "multiple classes" above Saponara as things stand.

I'm in agreement with Daniel in saying that Saponara is a damn good player, and even if he'd only be a quality rotation player to start here, I could easily see him turning into an essential starting XI player within his first season here.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup:

I think he turns 25 next December. So he's a ways off yet.
Isco at Malaga was already 3x the player Saponara is now. If somehow he joins us, it's likely he'll be as big as Dybala and Pogba for us. Kid has the potential to be a top-10 player in the world.

Saponara has been decent in the past 18 months. He can be a backup AM for us at best. That's the level of quality and play he's shown in the past 18 months, and he has the potential to be better.

You're massively overrating Saponara by saying he can easily turn into an essential starting AM for us next season. Right now his performance with Empoli is comparable with Giovinco's at Parma, not Isco, whom you're massively underrating by comparing to Saponara and saying he'd be a rotational player with us.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
3x the player? Yeah thats bs.

- - - Updated - - -

When did I say Saponara>Isco? I didn't even say he was as good. Just that he was approaching that class. It was just an opinion.

And he's only a few months older than Isco
Dont bother. People look at hype and Serie A players rarely get any these days. Doesnt matter that he has been very good for the past 2 seasons and has bucketload of goals, assists and in general has been the player to stand out for rather good Empoli side.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

Dont bother. People look at hype and Serie A players rarely get any these days. Doesnt matter that he has been very good for the past 2 seasons and has bucketload of goals, assists and in general has been the player to stand out for rather good Empoli side.
:agree:

People get so ridiculous in this stuff. Isco is 4 months younger than Saponara, and sure he was great at Malaga, but he's certainly stagnated while at Madrid and really hasn't looked that impressive for the last 18 months.

Contrary to this, Saponara is getting better and better each month and looks like a fantastic player now. So people are still acting as though Isco is some 20 year old superstar in the making. Saying Isco is 3X the player is ridiculous hyperbole.

In 2014-15 and 15-16 Saponara has arguably been more impressive on the pitch.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

People get so ridiculous in this stuff. Isco is 4 months younger than Saponara, and sure he was great at Malaga, but he's certainly stagnated while at Madrid and really hasn't looked that impressive for the last 18 months.

Contrary to this, Saponara is getting better and better each month and looks like a fantastic player now. So people are still acting as though Isco is some 20 year old superstar in the making. Saying Isco is 3X the player is ridiculous hyperbole.

Agree and agree

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

It's not that at all. I rated Dybala and Rugani very highly last season.

And Isco was somewhat known at Malaga but wasn't that hyped. Became more known during his last 6 months there because of his CL performances. On a technical level, the two players simply aren't comparable.

Isco was Real's second-best player for two months last season.

This season, Rafa preferred Bale and James over him. Hardly players to scoff at. Bale wasn't at his best last season, but he's back to his best this year. Isco is a starter under Zidane.

:D @Osman ;)

Eljo

Nov 29, 2013
I cant see us getting Mikhtaryan or Gundogan this summer, i hope some of you can share your opinions about the reality of that happening.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
@pavluska Seriously dont waste your time on this guy, such a boring terrible poster, never says anything genuine or worth discussing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And even then I don't expect anything massive, unless we sell a big player, which I don't expect this summer either.

Maybe if a top DC or CM comes on the market, otherwise it will be Berardi's and Saponara's on top of Cuadrado.

Jan 5, 2007
I dont see any big things to happen in the summer either, unless someone is leaving like morata or pogba.

With our current squad we need one player to play 4312 and if saponara is one then we are done in summer if not then still we need one guy.

We are not an EPL club to buy 4_5 new toys every summer.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Saying Saponara is better or equivalent of Isco, is well too far fetched

But the generic bashing of anything italian by certain members here, is also well to far fetched.

Saponara as it stands has been developping continiously, and he'd be an excellent bench option for now. Enabeling the switch to 4312 when we need to. Maybe he'll develop into something more, but we cant predict these things now.

Starts to become a bit annoying, how anything foreign and exotic gets overhyped to shit and predicted great futures, while they usually flop and crash hard. Same time, Italians get significantly underrated.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Bottom line is our summer revolves around our big three, Pogba, Dybala and Morata. We really need to keep all three at all costs.

Our market will be so different if one of those three leaves most certainly Pogba as we'd be sitting on 100+ million.

If we keep the above three I see our market as;

Cuadrado, Saponara, Moutinho, Vrsaljko and perhaps Berardi.

Which I'd be over the moon with, this team needs very little as the current squad we have is excellent and young.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's not that at all. I rated Dybala and Rugani very highly last season.

And Isco was somewhat known at Malaga but wasn't that hyped. Became more known during his last 6 months there because of his CL performances. On a technical level, the two players simply aren't comparable.

Isco was Real's second-best player for two months last season.

This season, Rafa preferred Bale and James over him. Hardly players to scoff at. Bale wasn't at his best last season, but he's back to his best this year. Isco is a starter under Zidane.

:D @Osman ;)
Well, that doesn't say much. Again I'm not comparing the two, nor even saying who's better player between the two. He's been very good for the past two seasons and I've seen quite a few Empoli games during that time. Isco so far hasn't shown that much to predict that he'll be among top 10 players soon. Clearly you're overrating one and underrating another by calling him decent, despite evidence suggesting not that big of a gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)