Atomic Winter mercato 2016 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Nothing in the winter transfer window can repair the damage done in the summer.
The damage done in the summer? We had the oldest team to ever play a CL final and something had to be done. Pirlo was declining fast and letting him go will be better for the team. Pirlo has dictated play in Juventus for 4 years now and we are strugling to control the tempo of the game without him. But I dont think it is a good idea to overdependent on a 36 year old who where becomming a liability defensively. Tevez wanted to go and I think this was the best solution unless you want to pay an unhappy Tevez 11 mio euro a year to play golf in Argentina. We had to raise funds to renew the squad and therefore Vidal was sold. Again I think it was the wright decision. I would much rather have a team, that has to take a step back this year than continue with old players risking the future of the club.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #384
    The damage done in the summer? We had the oldest team to ever play a CL final and something had to be done. Pirlo was declining fast and letting him go will be better for the team. Pirlo has dictated play in Juventus for 4 years now and we are strugling to control the tempo of the game without him. But I dont think it is a good idea to overdependent on a 36 year old who where becomming a liability defensively. Tevez wanted to go and I think this was the best solution unless you want to pay an unhappy Tevez 11 mio euro a year to play golf in Argentina. We had to raise funds to renew the squad and therefore Vidal was sold. Again I think it was the wright decision. I would much rather have a team, that has to take a step back this year than continue with old players risking the future of the club.
    While I agree with what you said I look at the players we got and don't see anyone capable of taking that responsibility.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
    All those moves would have been fine in isolation. Except Vidal but he's apparently an alcoholic fuck but whatever. You don't simply sell off the identity of the team in one transfer window. You do it gradually, so the new kids have a chance to grow into the role. Pirlo is leaving? Fine, let him go and then let Dybala learn from Tevez. Get Lemina or whatever b2b midfielder you are getting learn from Vidal.

If Tevez doesn't want to fulfill his contract and wants to golf in Argentina? Fine him until you don't pay him anything. Or at least get the full rights of two of Boca's most talented players, make them bleed. But no, we gave him away because we are such nice chaps. Vidal I'm sure he'd be reasonable enough to stay a further year if we promised to let him go next year.

But no, Marotta has caused a mess. He thought he's such a genious that giving 4m euro a year to an injured fuck that is always injured was somehow a good idea. He tried to get smart with Draxler, find one of his "value" deals and fucked around on the trequartista front the entire summer. You don't find bargain deals on these positions, but Marotta can't resist that shit.

In the end there's only 2 good moves, Dybala and AlexSandro and the rest a bunch of question marks, disappointments and injured players. And fucking Zaza, goddamn fucking Zaza. A great team brought down to mediocrity.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    All those moves would have been fine in isolation. Except Vidal but he's apparently an alcoholic $#@! but whatever. You don't simply sell off the identity of the team in one transfer window. You do it gradually, so the new kids have a chance to grow into the role. Pirlo is leaving? Fine, let him go and then let Dybala learn from Tevez. Get Lemina or whatever b2b midfielder you are getting learn from Vidal.

If Tevez doesn't want to fulfill his contract and wants to golf in Argentina? Fine him until you don't pay him anything. Or at least get the full rights of two of Boca's most talented players, make them bleed. But no, we gave him away because we are such nice chaps. Vidal I'm sure he'd be reasonable enough to stay a further year if we promised to let him go next year.

But no, Marotta has caused a mess. He thought he's such a genious that giving 4m euro a year to an injured $#@! that is always injured was somehow a good idea. He tried to get smart with Draxler, find one of his "value" deals and $#@!ed around on the trequartista front the entire summer. You don't find bargain deals on these positions, but Marotta can't resist that $#@!.

In the end there's only 2 good moves, Dybala and AlexSandro and the rest a bunch of question marks, disappointments and injured players. And $#@!ing Zaza, goddamn $#@!ing Zaza. A great team brought down to mediocrity.
    Actually Dybala is a good future prospect but before the future you need to ensure some present so I`m not that estatic about paying 40M for him when we really need some great to WC player
    Sandro is a great signing no doubt about it!
    The places where we needed the most strengthening were CM replacement for Pirlo CM/AM replacement for Vidal and a support striker replacement for Tevez
    as for the first two we got nothing the last we got a promising youngster... that is why we are struggling
    Hernanes is a good purchase and I`m sure he will prove himself but him alone is not enough!
    If Isco falls out of favor under Benitez we might could get him on loan until the end of the season - This will give us what we need in terms of midfield but as for our attack we will be short up until the end of the season!

BTW does Bale plays for RM?

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    While I agree with what you said I look at the players we got and don't see anyone capable of taking that responsibility.
    I do agree with you. Getting that WC player for the AM position who could control the game would have made this a very good transfer window. I am just against the attitude that we now only have the 5 best team in Italy, when we are one WC AM away from having one of the most exiting and talented teams in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree with you. Getting that WC player for the AM position who could control the game would have made this a very good transfer window. I am just against the attitude that we now only have the 5 best team in Italy, when we are one WC AM away from having one of the most exiting and talented teams in Europe.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

- - - Updated - - -

So you think one AM will fix it all?
    We lost 3 WC players and got very promising youngsters!
    The only player I can see quickly developing to a WC player is Sandro but Evra as old as he is.. isnt a bad player himself...
    We need 3 WC players in order to be as good as last year!
    a WC AM could be interesting though as I would put Cuadrado as a Support striker to partner Morata

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Vidal replacements
    1. They are both extremely talented and Id love us to sign both!
    2. Unfortanately they are not the answer! as much as I hate to say all the future talent in the world wont help us right now as we need a current talent!
    I`d happily see us splash 40M on those 2 as I think in a few years any of those two will be worth more than 40M alone! BUT first we need to address our situation which says AM and a Support Striker both needs to be WC

- - - Updated - - -

lets replace every top established and consistent player that we have with little kids still in their diapers.
    Not bad... We can have Huggies as our Sponsors

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #393
    2. Unfortanately they are not the answer! as much as I hate to say all the future talent in the world wont help us right now as we need a current talent!
    I`d happily see us splash 40M on those 2 as I think in a few years any of those two will be worth more than 40M alone! BUT first we need to address our situation which says AM and a Support Striker both needs to be WC

- - - Updated - - -

We actually need a super CM a la Mascherano and a prolific forward but both are extremely out of reach.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
    So you think one AM will fix it all?
    We lost 3 WC players and got very promising youngsters!
    The only player I can see quickly developing to a WC player is Sandro but Evra as old as he is.. isnt a bad player himself...
    We need 3 WC players in order to be as good as last year!
    a WC AM could be interesting though as I would put Cuadrado as a Support striker to partner Morata
    Well we lost 2 WC players. Pirlo was not a WC player any more. I do agree that Evra is still a good player but I still consider Alex Sandro as a massive improvement and also a player for the future. I also have High hopes for Dybala. I think he will be WC. I also think the purchase/Loan of Rugani, Mand, Cuadrado, Neto and Lemina are have raised the overall quality of our squad. Apart from the WC AM obviusly needs to gel, the players bred to understand their roles and the team needs to find Its identity before we are competitive on a European level again.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

agree. i would get tielesman guy and grow him into pogba v2.

then i would get anderson from lazio or CALHANOGLU and we should be good to go.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    Worst pirlo last year is better than best midfielder in those 3 horrible games.... With marotta statements after NT game, was obvious why he left

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
    For the future

Buffon --> Perin

Barzagli-->Laporte/Nastatic/Umtiti or (Romagna if he develops well)
    Lichtsteiner --> Widmer/Vsaljko/Zappacosta
    Evra--> Mendy/Wiliems/?

Vidal (not replaced yet imo)-->Tielesman

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
    Nothing in the winter transfer window can repair the damage done in the summer.
    But if everything looks awful by that moment we should prepare for departs Pobga and Morata next summer. So we could try to have at least two verbal agreements with two midfielders plus Berardi to replace them. Maybe with 6 months, Marotta could bring fucking quality juve material

- - - Updated - - -

For the future

Buffon --> Perin

Barzagli-->Laporte/Nastatic/Umtiti or (Romagna if he develops well)
    Lichtsteiner --> Widmer/Vsaljko/Zappacosta
    Evra--> Mendy/Wiliems/?

Vidal (not replaced yet imo)-->Tielesman
    :disagree:

Next year just sign starter material, we can't be struggling for two years

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
    May 16, 2010
    Should go for Hamsik again, tho we won't probably see a substantial move this winter mercato.

- - - Updated - - -

and I'm gonna hate myself for this but in summer we should

Ibra

3years 6m+bonuses

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #400
    But if everything looks awful by that moment we should prepare for departs Pobga and Morata next summer. So we could try to have at least two verbal agreements with two midfielders plus Berardi to replace them. Maybe with 6 months, Marotta could bring fucking quality juve material
    Then why didn't he bring anything of the like in the summer?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)