Arturo Vidal (18 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Platini > Zidane

Platini was Maradona level
What about Sivori?

I love both Platini and Sivori, and Zizou and Baggio are my favorite players all time, but none of them can be considered the greatest Juventino.

It has to be between Scirea, Del Piero and Buffon with both Scirea and Del Piero having the advantage of having won everything with the club. Buffon's legacy is somewhat impacted by those 3 CL Finals losses.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
What about Sivori?

I love both Platini and Sivori, and Zizou and Baggio are my favorite players all time, but none of them can be considered the greatest Juventino.

It has to be between Scirea, Del Piero and Buffon with both Scirea and Del Piero having the advantage of having won everything with the club. Buffon's legacy is somewhat impacted by those 3 CL Finals losses.
Greatest has more to do with legacy and that must be del Piero. Platini the best player to have donned the jersey of the club.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn’t Vidal say something to the effect that he had come to win the UCL when he joined Bayern?

Whatever we think of Nedved, he didn’t leave us like some rats did in 2006.
Hating everything about the club is en vogue, but out of all the random hates, Nedved hate is the worst, also the most random, and the one that makes me cringe a little.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Ronaldo? For Juventus? Absolutely not. He's barely been here over a year. We're not PSG or City. We have history and tradition. Ronaldo, as great as he is, is not a Juventus great, not just yet.
context, buddy. ;) read what he said. ronaldo isn't a juventus legend and i didn't suggest that, still he is one of the best players who have ever wore the jersey.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
context, buddy. ;) read what he said. ronaldo isn't a juventus legend and i didn't suggest that, still he is one of the best players who have ever wore the jersey.
Real's Ronaldo would have been in best ever convo. Juve's Ronaldo...too early to call.

If you consider on+off the field, he's #1.

Lots of Paratici and even Agnelli hate, but don't let above normalize.

May 23, 2013
Platini > Zidane

Platini was Maradona level
I can't speak from personal experience as I was not alive to watch Maradona and Platini. However, when I asked my uncles (Juventus fans) who was better between Platini and Zidane, they scoffed and immediately opted for Platini. It wasn't a debate for them. They maintain Platini is still the best player that they have witnessed in their life times.

- - - Updated - - -

This world wide

Vidal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guti>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest

- - - Updated - - -

i'm fucking around about Guti, but i'm dead serious about Vidal
he's the goat mid for me
You want a true red-pilled take? From 2013-early 2014 Vidal was the best player on the planet not named Ronaldo or Messi. Literally a 9.5+ at every facet of the game and could be world-class at any position.

- - - Updated - - -

Selling Vidal was so painful. With Pogba we kinda knew that he’d leave sooner or later, with Vidal I always felt he was a real Juventino and he’d stay with us. Only to see him leave for peanuts.
Especially if we consider the timing. We had just reached the CL final for the first time, and we had just got rid of Pirlo and Tevez.
Why is our greatest midfielder of all times in rookie section?:mad:

Juve's biggest mistake in recent times is selling this man.
I was so hopeful for a diamond midfield of Regista Marchisio, Pogba, Khedira and Vidal, that would have been without a shadow of a doubt the best midfield on the planet. And the fact that we didn't even secure a proper replacement for Vidal after leaving... Gotze :scared::scared::scared::scared:

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I can't speak from personal experience as I was not alive to watch Maradona and Platini. However, when I asked my uncles (Juventus fans) who was better between Platini and Zidane, they scoffed and immediately opted for Platini. It wasn't a debate for them. They maintain Platini is still the best player that they have witnessed in their life times.

- - - Updated - - -

You want a true red-pilled take? From 2013-early 2014 Vidal was the best player on the planet not named Ronaldo or Messi. Literally a 9.5+ at every facet of the game and could be world-class at any position.

- - - Updated - - -

I was so hopeful for a diamond midfield of Regista Marchisio, Pogba, Khedira and Vidal, that would have been without a shadow of a doubt the best midfield on the planet. And the fact that we didn't even secure a proper replacement for Vidal after leaving... Gotze :scared::scared::scared::scared:
Yeah, Platini is widely considered an all time top 10. Zidane a tier below.

There wasn't much diff between Platini and Maradona in Serie A. Some preferred Platini, others Maradona. And had the WC taken place in 84 (see what Platini did in that Euro), people would be comparing Platini and not Maradona with Pele.

Zidane is more Gullit level. Interestingly, Gullit also went neck in neck with Maradona for a couple of years. Maradona was Christ and Gullit was the anti Christ. But that was post injury Maradona.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)