Arturo Vidal (9 Viewers)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If he's on the market we'd be stupid not to jump on the opportunity to get him back as a relatively short-term solution while upgrading other areas as well. He'd instantly become our best midfielder again.
While I agree with this, I'm afraid Barca would ask for too much to begin with. He's also on a fat contract I believe. We need to ship out the deadwood first.

Oct 23, 2011
For 20 mill and big wages? No thanks he's only got another year, 2 at most
Who are you suggesting? We aren't paying scrubs like Rabiot, Ramsey, and Khedira much less than what Vidal is earning. And besides, he is going to have to take a cut at his next club anyway. He is the only player in that price range that would instantly improve our starting 11 and it would give us the opportunity to focus on other areas of the pitch as well rather than spending our entire budget on a midfielder. This team needs a massive overhaul because we have been neglecting it for the past 2 years, starting with a new RB, a back-up LB, a striker and a couple of midfielders.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Who are you suggesting? We aren't paying scrubs like Rabiot, Ramsey, and Khedira much less than what Vidal is earning. And besides, he is going to have to take a cut at his next club anyway. He is the only player in that price range that would instantly improve our starting 11 and it would give us the opportunity to focus on other areas of the pitch as well rather than spending our entire budget on a midfielder. This team needs a massive overhaul because we have been neglecting it for the past 2 years, starting with a new RB, a back-up LB, a striker and a couple of midfielders.
Firstly barca are in no hurry to sell him, in fact he's playing more under setien now. Secondly adding vidal adds further burden to our wage bill which is already high, its a very short sighted move and not worth it imo even if I love the guy, I'd sooner see that money invested into someone for the future

Oct 23, 2011
Firstly barca are in no hurry to sell him, in fact he's playing more under setien now. Secondly adding vidal adds further burden to our wage bill which is already high, its a very short sighted move and not worth it imo even if I love the guy, I'd sooner see that money invested into someone for the future
This was assuming that Vidal was on the market. I see your point but i just think we disagree on what this team currently needs. I don't think we are in a position financially to spend big money on a player that will only start contributing in a few years, and besides, we already spent 40m on Kulu in the winter (which i am not sure was the best move at the time, but that's another discussion). This team has just too many holes to make more of those types of acquisitions.

Mar 10, 2009
Selling Vidal was so painful. With Pogba we kinda knew that he’d leave sooner or later, with Vidal I always felt he was a real Juventino and he’d stay with us. Only to see him leave for peanuts.
Especially if we consider the timing. We had just reached the CL final for the first time, and we had just got rid of Pirlo and Tevez.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Was it ever established how it happened?

Vidal left bc he wanted to win CL or did it have to do with his drinking and driving (club wanted to sell or they didn't get along after club wanted to punish)?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Was it ever established how it happened?

Vidal left bc he wanted to win CL or did it have to do with his drinking and driving (club wanted to sell or they didn't get along after club wanted to punish)?

Probably a combination of both. IIRC, there was a story that Real Madrid pulled out of bidding for him precisely because of his off the pitch activities.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Has he been rehabilitated?

Bring back?

Why? He's already 33.

At this point, we can't be signing players like this in the faint hope that we get a CL Trophy while Ronaldo is still here. That whole thing was a big 1 year gamble, and it didn't pay off. If our moves are anything to go by, we are working on the next chapter of this club, and getting much younger, with Dybala FINALLY being the centerpiece that he should have been for the past 3 years

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Why? He's already 33.

At this point, we can't be signing players like this in the faint hope that we get a CL Trophy while Ronaldo is still here. That whole thing was a big 1 year gamble, and it didn't pay off. If our moves are anything to go by, we are working on the next chapter of this club, and getting much younger, with Dybala FINALLY being the centerpiece that he should have been for the past 3 years
Agreed, it's also not in Paratici's remit to sign old players as he'll want to use this window to rejuvenate the side, Kulusevski and Arthur proving that, on top of Demiral and De Ligt last summer.

Besides Paratici already declined Rakitic and Vidal for those reasons already explained, quite rightly so, we don't want more 'khedira' cases

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:howler: Nedved is not greater than Platini or Zidane. Butthurt people using BS emotions to justify ridiculous choices.

- - - Updated - - -

This world wide

Vidal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guti>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest

- - - Updated - - -

i'm fucking around about Guti, but i'm dead serious about Vidal
he's the goat mid for me
Vidal is probably top 5 all time mids for Juve, but definitely not the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)