Arturo Vidal (74 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
2015 team was grinta and tbh, we were all surprised it actually got past Madrid.

2017 team was incredibly strong, and was superior in the first half. It was by far the strongest post calciopoli Juve. We fell apart in the 2nd half though injuries and half fit players. And Madrid beeing lucky to score a deflection while we caught our breath.

Nah. 2017 was the deal.
I call bullshit.

2015 team was way more balanced in every line.

The bbc was at its prime, we had pirlo, pogba vidal and marchisio on the midfield, and we had morata who was in his prime and tevez who could be argued was also on a very high personal level.

We didnt had the barcelona midfield or the msn... which was what ultimatel gave them the edge in the final.... But that juve team was Very compact. It was not a total machine, but was great in everyline and could give any team a run for their money.

In fact, if it wasnt for that unlucky not called foul on pogba and the subsequent counter attack which ended in barcelonas 2nd goal.... We could have got them

2017 team would have been smashed by the msn because we didnt had the midfield nor the defense.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I call bullshit.

The bbc was at its prime, we had pirlo, pogba vidal and marchisio on the midfield, and we had morata who was in his prime and tevez who could be argued was also on a very high personal level.

We didnt had the barcelona midfield or the msn... which was what ultimatel gave them the edge in the final.... But that juve team was Very compact. It was not a total machine, but was great in everyline and could give any team a run for their money.

In fact, if it wasnt for that unlucky not called foul on pogba and the subsequent counter attack which ended in barcelonas 2nd goal.... We could have got them

2017 team would have been smashed by the msn because we didnt had the midfield nor the defense.

Yeah......................

You just responded to someone who isn't here anymore :lol:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I call bullshit.

Didnt we beat Barca in QF in 2017, with MSN leading their attack? ;)

Both 2015 & 2017 were great teams, but I feel we were closer to win CL in 2017... until the 2nd half of the match.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yea that's pretty dumb. 2015 might have had an incredible midfield but 2017 legitmatily looked like the best side in Europe. Well until the last 45 minutes of the season...

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeah that 2017 team was stronger everywhere except midfield. Had much better depth than in 2015 as well. We just played “nicer” football in 2015 tho.
I like our 2015 team better. But the two teams were on the same level imo. Pointless to discuss really. Both came just a step short of European glory unfortunately, but great teams nevertheless.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yeah that 2017 team was stronger everywhere except midfield. Had much better depth than in 2015 as well. We just played “nicer” football in 2015 tho.
We didn't have games in 2015 where we played as nice as against Barca and Monaco. We completely dominated them and I remember fondly the euphoria they brought.

Dortmund and Madrid 2015 were great ties but don't compare.

In the regular season 2015 > 2017 but not for knockout football

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Buffon
Dani Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Vidal - Pirlo - Pogba
Tevez - Morata - Ronaldo

would be my dream team in our CL runs 2015-2017

Tevez is twice the player Dybala will ever be.
Morata was our Boniek in CL.
Ronaldo is Ronaldo
2015 midfield was the best avaible together with 2015 Barca mid (Xavi-Busquests-Iniesta)
Dani Alves 2017 was just a monster of a guy! He pushed us to the final!
Bonucci-Chiellini in their prime
Alex Sandro 2016-2017 was a beast sometimes I was unsure who would I pick between him and Marcelo... dunno what happened to the guy!
His first 2 years he was just incredibile.
Then with Chelsea rumors and so on he become incosistent and simply bad

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon
Dani Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Vidal - Pirlo - Pogba
Tevez - Morata - Ronaldo

would be my dream team in our CL runs 2015-2017

Tevez is twice the player Dybala will ever be.
Morata was our Boniek in CL.
Ronaldo is Ronaldo
2015 midfield was the best avaible together with 2015 Barca mid (Xavi-Busquests-Iniesta)
Dani Alves 2017 was just a monster of a guy! He pushed us to the final!
Bonucci-Chiellini in their prime
Alex Sandro 2016-2017 was a beast sometimes I was unsure who would I pick between him and Marcelo... dunno what happened to the guy!
His first 2 years he was just incredibile.
Then with Chelsea rumors and so on he become incosistent and simply bad
:tup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Didnt we beat Barca in QF in 2017, with MSN leading their attack? ;)

Both 2015 & 2017 were great teams, but I feel we were closer to win CL in 2017... until the 2nd half of the match.
but that msn and barca as a whole were not in the same line as the 2015 barca. They should have never reached that phase since the remuntada was a big UEFA fiasco.

2015 barca was DANGEROUS

Yea that's pretty dumb. 2015 might have had an incredible midfield but 2017 legitmatily looked like the best side in Europe. Well until the last 45 minutes of the season...
2017 juve had way better fullbacks hands down, and mandzukic giving his last best form, but IMO thats it.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I disagree with 2017 being stronger everywhere than 2015.

In 2017 we had a great plan a, we had 6 good players that suited the mid and attack of 4231, but there was no plan b or load management whatsoever, nothing at all worked that season besides 4231. And logically it resulted in fatigue, Cuads ran himself into the ground way before that CL final and our whole team was out of gas after 30 minutes of high intensity footy in that final.

If we're talking about start of June, I definitely prefer 2015, that hybrid between Contes grinta and Allegris tactical master plan was a joy to watch and that team had decent attacking options like Pereyra and Llorente coming from bench. But if we're talking february, 2017 would smash literally anyone :D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Our 2015 team made me fall in love again. What a team. Everything was right down to the shirts. We looked awesome, we were awesome. An insane defense with Buffon being at his very best, a midfield that had a prime Marchisio, a genius Pirlo, a combative Vidal and an absolute star in Pogba and an attack that had Morata (who you just can't not like) and Tevez (who was the best player of an incredible team). I loved every single player of that squad.

I'd give anything to go back to that year. What a team. What a club. What a shirt.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Our 2015 team made me fall in love again. What a team. Everything was right down to the shirts. We looked awesome, we were awesome. An insane defense with Buffon being at his very best, a midfield that had a prime Marchisio, a genius Pirlo, a combative Vidal and an absolute star in Pogba and an attack that had Morata (who you just can't not like) and Tevez (who was the best player of an incredible team). I loved every single player of that squad.

I'd give anything to go back to that year. What a team. What a club. What a shirt.
Yeah 2015 was awesome, just like 2003, but of course the last games ruined everything as usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)