Arturo Vidal (10 Viewers)

Mar 3, 2014
2015 team is just my fav juve since the pre-calciopoli era.

we were a very scary team.
Yeah, it was an incredible team that transitioned so well to a back 4. The midfield was the best midfield we've had post-Calciopoli. We had 3 elite box to box midfielders plus an elite regista. And Tevez' work-rate as secondary striker connected with the midfield so well. Our D was solid with 3 elite CBs for 2 spots. Gigi was still great too.
Our main weaknesses were:
-at fullback where we had Evra/Lichtsteiner - Both aging, and neither able to contribute to the attack well given the narrow formation
-at striker: where Morata had moments of brilliance, and Llorente was good in the air, but not much else.

That team was incredible because it was one of the few teams in the modern era that hit elite level without wingers with the 4-1-3-2.

We may have won against Barcelona if Chiellini wasn't hurt given the calming presence he provides the time.

Imagine that team with a real number 9? Higuain...or with better fullbacks?

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Yeah, it was an incredible team that transitioned so well to a back 4. The midfield was the best midfield we've had post-Calciopoli. We had 3 elite box to box midfielders plus an elite regista. And Tevez' work-rate as secondary striker connected with the midfield so well. Our D was solid with 3 elite CBs for 2 spots. Gigi was still great too.
Our main weaknesses were:
-at fullback where we had Evra/Lichtsteiner - Both aging, and neither able to contribute to the attack well given the narrow formation
-at striker: where Morata had moments of brilliance, and Llorente was good in the air, but not much else.

That team was incredible because it was one of the few teams in the modern era that hit elite level without wingers with the 4-1-3-2.

We may have won against Barcelona if Chiellini wasn't hurt given the calming presence he provides the time.

Imagine that team with a real number 9? Higuain...or with better fullbacks?
this team was almost perfect. with the juve grinta and the hustling style and badass mutherfucekr attitude in a lot of players.

i remember when we had draw against real madrid in semi final, i was sure we will pass.
the team was just full of badboys. and you can tell other teams was scared of this. and this is the style of juve that i like!

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Our 2015 team made me fall in love again. What a team. Everything was right down to the shirts. We looked awesome, we were awesome. An insane defense with Buffon being at his very best, a midfield that had a prime Marchisio, a genius Pirlo, a combative Vidal and an absolute star in Pogba and an attack that had Morata (who you just can't not like) and Tevez (who was the best player of an incredible team). I loved every single player of that squad.

I'd give anything to go back to that year. What a team. What a club. What a shirt.
Allegri brought a calming presence to the club and it resulted in a more confident Juve in the Champion League. I’m struggling to find the quote but I thought I remember Pirlo saying the players were nervous traveling to Dortmund for the round of 16 second leg and Allegri told the players not to worry it will be like a friendly. The players attitudes were forever changed. Three minutes in Tevez scored and the rest is history.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Indeed. We never managed to find another player of his calibre. Maybe there isnt any. The only player who came close to his performances was Naingolan in one season.
:agree:

Vidal was the worst sale of the Marotta era. By far.

Wish we had kept him and Tevez for another year. Would have won CL in 15-16 if we still had those two plus the upgrades we brought in like Cuadrado, Sandro, Mandzukic, Dybala, Khedira (of that first season).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)