Arturo Vidal (22 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
As i said there's no need to hate on this guy. It's beyond stupid. There are people pages back wanting his head, i'll just let you know it's retarded.

Unfortunately with have too many injured players or the solution would be quite easy: Play someone else (Romulo, Padoin, even Pereyra) and limit our Chilean to some minutes here and there until he stars showing signs of the warrior that he was.

If after all that he's still the same then it becomes a real problem. Give him a chance ffs.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Chilean

May 7, 2014
Or he could be one of those players who gets injured, then reinjured twice because of his NT and Conte having no idea what they are doing.

I love it when there are two answers to a question, equally logical.
Conte and Juventus were the ones who fucked up. I said it on this thread in May and got banned for it. He should have had the knee surgery in march-april when the scudetto was in the bag, but Conte delayed it, made him play the UEFA semifinal injured, lost it, then because of the pain he HAD to have the surgery a month before the WC and was willing to do anything to play it. Juve fucked their best player over, possibly costing him his career. His price has definitely gone way down and he's not worth the money Juve pays him, lucky for him he renewed his contract not too long ago. I'm not sure he'll ever recover the form he had during the last 3 years previous to the World Cup.

Looks like I was right. Hate saying I told you so.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Conte and Juventus were the ones who $#@!ed up. I said it on this thread in May and got banned for it. He should have had the knee surgery in march-april when the scudetto was in the bag, but Conte delayed it, made him play the UEFA semifinal injured, lost it, then because of the pain he HAD to have the surgery a month before the WC and was willing to do anything to play it. Juve $#@!ed their best player over, possibly costing him his career. His price has definitely gone way down and he's not worth the money Juve pays him, lucky for him he renewed his contract not too long ago. I'm not sure he'll ever recover the form he had during the last 3 years previous to the World Cup.

Do you really know for what price we bought Arturo from Leverkuzen?Really do?
10.5 million eur! And you think that he is not worth that money?One leg(that with a surgery ) is worth more than 10.5 mil.And he will be soon old Arturo.Everything else is a bullshit.By the way ,if Juve missed with the surgery timing why the fuck doesn't Chile national football federation fixed that mistake by letting him to have a proper recovery ,if this is an issue at all.So don't blame just for blaming someone without any sense .

AlexOB

Apr 2, 2014
IMO he's not playing that bad since he returned from the second injury and some people here are overreacting.

He's not lucid and he's not the best Vidal, but even in his first season and the first part on the second season with us he wasn't always focused and used to make some mistakes. The overall quality of the player is still high and if he hits form again we all know he's a beast.

The overreacting here is because he got us used to score a lot in last season and in this one, even for the new line-up, he doesn't always have the possibility of doing so. But he still tackles and presses a lot, I mean. I didn't see a Vidal significantly worse than other midfielders in last matches, I even thought he was one of the best against Atleti and Fiorentina. I liked him in Malmo. Even the assist for Pirlo with the outside of the boot against Torino was a piece of brilliance a Pereyra difficultly would have pulled off, honestly. Don't see why exaggerating the whole thing.

I'll gloss over the words of Chilean that it's treating the matter like if Vidal isn't even able to kick a ball anymore and is fucked for his career. I guess that out of the 19 posts he wrote, almost if not all of them since May are about how Juve got it all wrong with him... Kind of annoying.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Conte and Juventus were the ones who fucked up. I said it on this thread in May and got banned for it. He should have had the knee surgery in march-april when the scudetto was in the bag, but Conte delayed it, made him play the UEFA semifinal injured, lost it, then because of the pain he HAD to have the surgery a month before the WC and was willing to do anything to play it. Juve fucked their best player over, possibly costing him his career. His price has definitely gone way down and he's not worth the money Juve pays him, lucky for him he renewed his contract not too long ago. I'm not sure he'll ever recover the form he had during the last 3 years previous to the World Cup.

Conte and Juve fucked up? what about he Chilean national team for rushing him back for the world cup? and playing him in all the pointless friendlies since?

Chilean

May 7, 2014
@DUKAC When I mean Juve lost money with him is because in March Vidal was worth 70M euro. I think today he is worth no more than 25 given his current form.
@AlexOB I've seen alot of Juve this season and I think his form is not due to a position issue. His passing is terrible, he is constantly a second too late to tackle and is looking very slow. He is not scoring goals or giving assists (in comparison to the last 3 years of Vidal), even though he has been played as an AM in many matches. I hope more than anything that he regains his previous form, but I think he won't. I've seen Vidal playing for the last 10 years - in Colo Colo, in the Chilean under 20 team, Leverkussen and Juve. I've never seen him playing this badly. We're midway through December, the surgery was in May.
@badassVidal Vidal was 27 for the WC and in insane form. It was his WC. We all know him, he was willing to do anything to play it, it's any players dream. The bad call was to delay the surgery to a month before the WC. It was obvious he would play it anyway. I also sayed during my posts in May that Sampaoli would probably try to screw Juve after Conte delayed the surgery. In December/January Chile played some of it's most important friendlies previous to the WC with England and Brazil. Vidal was slightly injured and Sampaoli didn't play him and left him recovering in Turin. I don't think he'll do that again. Also, right now, 7 months after the surgery, Vidal needs to play to see if he can recover form.

My point is that his current form is Juves responsability. Conte and the medical team made a bad call, trying to win the UEFA cup and may have screwed the player over (and the club out of its best player) pretty seriously.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Conte and Juventus were the ones who $#@!ed up. I said it on this thread in May and got banned for it. He should have had the knee surgery in march-april when the scudetto was in the bag, but Conte delayed it, made him play the UEFA semifinal injured, lost it, then because of the pain he HAD to have the surgery a month before the WC and was willing to do anything to play it. Juve $#@!ed their best player over, possibly costing him his career. His price has definitely gone way down and he's not worth the money Juve pays him, lucky for him he renewed his contract not too long ago. I'm not sure he'll ever recover the form he had during the last 3 years previous to the World Cup.

you can bet he will fight his way back to the top, as the best player in the world in his position he was half a year ago. he isnt called warrior for no reason.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We could have easily used that 70m to reinforce the squad and considering how much Vidal hasn't contributed this season its easier to see that.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
lets see how he will do for the rest of the season first. if he regains form, gets us past Dortmund and has a good QF and plays an integral part in winning serie a again, 1st everyones talk will change to praising him again, and 2nd his price will go up to 80M+ again.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
@DUKAC When I mean Juve lost money with him is because in March Vidal was worth 70M euro. I think today he is worth no more than 25 given his current form.
@AlexOB I've seen alot of Juve this season and I think his form is not due to a position issue. His passing is terrible, he is constantly a second too late to tackle and is looking very slow. He is not scoring goals or giving assists (in comparison to the last 3 years of Vidal), even though he has been played as an AM in many matches. I hope more than anything that he regains his previous form, but I think he won't. I've seen Vidal playing for the last 10 years - in Colo Colo, in the Chilean under 20 team, Leverkussen and Juve. I've never seen him playing this badly. We're midway through December, the surgery was in May.
@badassVidal Vidal was 27 for the WC and in insane form. It was his WC. We all know him, he was willing to do anything to play it, it's any players dream. The bad call was to delay the surgery to a month before the WC. It was obvious he would play it anyway. I also sayed during my posts in May that Sampaoli would probably try to screw Juve after Conte delayed the surgery. In December/January Chile played some of it's most important friendlies previous to the WC with England and Brazil. Vidal was slightly injured and Sampaoli didn't play him and left him recovering in Turin. I don't think he'll do that again. Also, right now, 7 months after the surgery, Vidal needs to play to see if he can recover form.

My point is that his current form is Juves responsability. Conte and the medical team made a bad call, trying to win the UEFA cup and may have screwed the player over (and the club out of its best player) pretty seriously.
No,no,no I am responding only to my reply ,you said in your post that now he's not worth the money Juve payed for him.Now you are speculating his transfer
value.That are two different things although I still think that Vidal is one of the best players in the world in his position.Don't make useless comparationing between buying and value price.Why you don't say anything about Chile NT forcing him to play at WC.Because you are on a track only of blaming Juve.

Chilean

May 7, 2014
lets see how he will do for the rest of the season first. if he regains form, gets us past Dortmund and has a good QF and plays an integral part in winning serie a again, 1st everyones talk will change to praising him again, and 2nd his price will go up to 80M+ again.
Thats what we all want. Juve may get past Dortmund and may win Serie A again, but I'm not sure he'll regain the form he had during 2013 where he was the player that scored the most goals, had more assists and made more succesfull tackles for Juve.

Chilean

May 7, 2014
No,no,no I am responding only to my reply ,you said in your post that now he's not worth the money Juve payed for him.Now you are speculating his transfer
value.That are two different things although I still think that Vidal is one of the best players in the world in his position.Don't make useless comparationing between buying and value price.Why you don't say anything about Chile NT forcing him to play at WC.Because you are on a track only of blaming Juve.
@DUKAC I said he is not worth the money Juve pays him. Vidal has a contract he renewed last year when he was at the best moment of his career; he is one of the best payed players in Serie A and is currently not performing as one. He was worth 70M at one point and Juve opted not to sell; his value has decreased significantly. Juves decision to delay the surgery he should have had in March has meant that the didn't recover properly and the player was forced to play the WC (which is only every 4 years) when he shouldn't have.

I believe that the Chilean NT has nothing to be blamed for. Vidal was the one who wanted to play the WC at any cost. Juve should have understood this and have him had the surgery in March and not have him played injured in the UEFA semifinal.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Okay it is a one track discussion.Juve is to be blamed for everything,Chile NT is fine.
You see ,a drop in form is so understandable this days especially after injury.
Vidal is one of my most favourite players .Most.He buy me when he plays against Chelsea at least 30 minutes injured and scored.Not to mention how he playes all this seasons.
You are concerned about how much Juve pays about his wages.Well he is worth of that sum.Yes,he is worth 5 mil per season.He will earn that sum in every club.Name me one player in the world who did not have a bad season or a bad form?Just One.
So what we have to do.To get rid of Arturo just after few,not bad but less good games like a racing horse who broke his leg?No.
I only criticize him why he was so quiet about Manchester United.It's seems that he would accept that move if that happened.He was never clear about that.
He is still a very,very good player.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
looking back. had we sold him for that reported 60 or even 50m that manu wanted, we could have signed one of falcao, di maria, mata, reus, suarez...etc.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Are people really suggesting that we should have sold/sell him? :howler:

Allegri is right in playing him, he will regain his form and be the usual beast we are used to see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)