Arturo Vidal (144 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He didnt do it on purpose, but thats that.

If we knew at july that vidal was leaving, I could have seen pirlo stay to retain some depth, or see some deals go different.

Rekt isnt the correct word. We went from 8.5/10 to a 6.5/10 mercato.(quality wise)
Don't blame it on Vidal then because it is quite obvious that Marotta could have dealt with Vidal's wishes in a much smaprter way, he could have got more money by making Bayern wait, he could have bought a player instead of putting himself in a desperate situation. It is obvious for all clubs in the world what situation we are in now and they will be fools if they don't take advantage of the situation. And we all know how Marotta behaves when things don't go his way.

Buy on AliExpress.com

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Don't blame it on Vidal then because it is quite obvious that Marotta could have dealt with Vidal's wishes in a much smaprter way, he could have got more money by making Bayern wait, he could have bought a player instead of putting himself in a desperate situation. It is obvious for all clubs in the world what situation we are in now and they will be fools if they don't take advantage of the situation. And we all know how Marotta behaves when things don't go his way.
I don't understand how you are so sure of all these could haves and should haves when you clearly neither have the knowledge/expertise of the guy (about how doing business in football works) nor are anywhere close to his level of understanding of the situation at Juve, Vidal's situation, the offers we had gotten, or the players we had/have been pursing.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He loans some player to make sure he doesnt face an injury crisis like in his first year ?
Cause its been a while since he bought someone that didnt deliver

I do find it odd it went so quickly, like it HAD to go fast. I have no explenation for that, still seeking it.

Our mercato is fine. Vidal leaving changed that. I'm not blaming vidal for that, its unrealistic these days to think players put the club first. But it is what it is.
However, like Hoori said, the way he left and how he talked about us, and then buy his shirt even when he's gone....childish

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Nope. These are the words your selective memory picked to prove your (nonexistent) point.
What point? I am just stating my opinion. Or agreeing with Dru's. Vidal will forever be in my heart just as the whole 2011-2012 squad that won the Scudetto after 6 hard years. No matter what happens I will forever be grateful to these guys. A couple of words to please the Bayern fans won't change my opinion about Vidal.

Everyone can write that to please the juventus fans

Those first two press conferences, that was vidal and only vidal
So what he said in Bayern presser couldn't be words to please the Bayern fans?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand how you are so sure of all these could haves and should haves when you clearly neither have the knowledge/expertise of the guy (about how doing business in football works) nor are anywhere close to his level of understanding of the situation at Juve, Vidal's situation, the offers we had gotten, or the players we had/have been pursing.
You don't to be an expert to realize that we got robbed by selling him for €37 mill.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
This.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not sure about anything but this is my assumption of how things could have worked out. I think Vidal is worth more than the sum we got from Bayern and the deal happening so fanst leads to the believe that the negotiations were held to the minimum. Another situation where a club sells a star and gets cash then goes looking for a new player is something we've seen previously many times. The desperation is what I concluded from the change of ture everytime Marotta spoke after Vidal's sale was announced. I did not imply that I can do a better job or that I know what he is doing. It's simply the way I interpret things from the informtaion we got.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the best you could come with?

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
I am still not convinced if he really said the same words that some websites published. Been looking for a video to check it out but nothing. Im not a big fan of judging somebody just by reading something on unreliable sites.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
how are people so sure the negotiations went "fast". no one here knows how long we were in talks with Vidal, his agent and Bayern before this deal finalized or before the story came to the media. knowing that the guys running this clubs are not retarded but rather among the best in the world at what they do, it is more likely that we were negotiating with Vidal and his agent for a contract renewal (because his contract was until summer 2017 so he would been entering his last year of contract next summer) before it became obvious he wants to leave and when it was obvious, entered negotiations with Bayern. that could have been in February, March, April... none of us knows when. also, how are people so sure anyone would offer more than Bayern did. Real was interested (apparently, forgot source) when the Copa America was still on. what if they were offering 35M max and thats the reason we accepted Bayerns offer (if they even were interested. like i said, dont know the source).

here is another scenario - Vidal wanted to leave last summer (because Conte, EL, lack of fancy names coming in, money, random South American reasons..., there could be a lot of reasons) and we convinced him to stay an extra year because we wanted to make a final push in the CL while Pirlo and Tevez are still here. he didnt really look happy during last summer or at the beginning of the season.
another scenario - when Vidal arrived here 1st, he signed a 5 year contract until 2016, but when he was renewing (December 2013, after we gone out of CL) he prolonged for just one extra year, until 2017 and he got a great pay rise. was that a way to convince him to stay another year? possible.

my point is, this Vidal sale could be a story thats running back from 2013 even, we dont know the background talks and negotiations, and thats why its very childish to come up with stuff like "we should have got more", "he had a contract, we should have just kept him", "we rushed his sale" or "we should have offered him a higher salary". its much more complex than "hey guys, Vidal is for sale, whoever offers most gets him". even if it was this simple, it is still a question if anyone would offer even 50M, yet alone more than that like how most of us here rated Vidal.

tl;dr we know shit about how and what happened, stop bitching

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
how are people so sure the negotiations went "fast". no one here knows how long we were in talks with Vidal, his agent and Bayern before this deal finalized or before the story came to the media. knowing that the guys running this clubs are not retarded but rather among the best in the world at what they do, it is more likely that we were negotiating with Vidal and his agent for a contract renewal (because his contract was until summer 2017 so he would been entering his last year of contract next summer) before it became obvious he wants to leave and when it was obvious, entered negotiations with Bayern. that could have been in February, March, April... none of us knows when. also, how are people so sure anyone would offer more than Bayern did. Real was interested (apparently, forgot source) when the Copa America was still on. what if they were offering 35M max and thats the reason we accepted Bayerns offer (if they even were interested. like i said, dont know the source).

here is another scenario - Vidal wanted to leave last summer (because Conte, EL, lack of fancy names coming in, money, random South American reasons..., there could be a lot of reasons) and we convinced him to stay an extra year because we wanted to make a final push in the CL while Pirlo and Tevez are still here. he didnt really look happy during last summer or at the beginning of the season.
another scenario - when Vidal arrived here 1st, he signed a 5 year contract until 2016, but when he was renewing (December 2013, after we gone out of CL) he prolonged for just one extra year, until 2017 and he got a great pay rise. was that a way to convince him to stay another year? possible.

my point is, this Vidal sale could be a story thats running back from 2013 even, we dont know the background talks and negotiations, and thats why its very childish to come up with stuff like "we should have got more", "he had a contract, we should have just kept him", "we rushed his sale" or "we should have offered him a higher salary". its much more complex than "hey guys, Vidal is for sale, whoever offers most gets him". even if it was this simple, it is still a question if anyone would offer even 50M, yet alone more than that like how most of us here rated Vidal.

tl;dr we know shit about how and what happened, stop bitching
Great post :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 132)