Arturo Vidal (140 Viewers)

Rufio

Nov 24, 2012
Though I would need mountains of popcorn at one point, but the butthurt wave has gone down

If Bayern wants to troll Juve they should put a mic on Arturo's face 24/7

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
@Klin this is what we waiting for, blaming Vidal personally for ruining our mercato.
I disagree completely. How can an abysmal player ruin our mercato? His departure was a blessing in disguise. We are now in an even better position than last year. We got it covered.

I remember the exact same people were reacting in the exact same manner when Conte decided to leave. Roma were suddenly favorites to win the league and Allegri was as incompetent as it could get. Turned out they were wrong. Vidal's decision to leave is fine, he has every right to look for better opportunities and all that but as thankful as i am for his service at Juve, there is a clear distinction between a club legend (or even someone worthy of all these lengthy discussions) and a vidal. I cannot understand how anyone can have any sort of attachment to this guy after his departure (and his words) that may warrant this childishly passionate support of him.
I don't get the Conte comparison. We haven't even replaced Vidal yet, and even if we do, do you see us getting a player close to his abilities?

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I disagree completely. How can an abysmal player ruin our mercato? His departure was a blessing in disguise. We are now in an even better position than last year. We got it covered.
I don't get it? What are you winning by being constantly this negative and unfulfilled person? Last year we managed to win a double and reach the final in CL and you are acting like we ended up 7th in the league and didn't reinforce well.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I don't get it? What are you winning by being constantly this negative and unfulfilled person? Last year we managed to win a double and reach the final in CL and you are acting like we ended up 7th in the league and didn't reinforce well.
I don't think you understand what I'm criticizing in that post.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
I don't think you understand what I'm criticizing in that post.
You are criticizing the sale of Vidal and the lack of adequate replacement. And you are being sarcastic like we ended up last year in the relegation zone in Serie A and not like we were close winning a CL and securing a double. We are fine. We are a good team and players like Asamoah, Sturaro, Khedira, Pereyra have a chance to do good things as Vidal replacement, who btw was absolute crap for a big part of the last season.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You are criticizing the sale of Vidal and the lack of adequate replacement. And you are being sarcastic like we ended up last year in the relegation zone in Serie A and not like we were close winning a CL and securing a double. We are fine. We are a good team and players like Asamoah, Sturaro, Khedira, Pereyra have a chance to do good things as Vidal replacement, who btw was absolute crap for a big part of the last season.
I am not being sarcastic about last season. I don't know where you got that impression from. Last season was fantastic, as we had a fantastic team.

What I am criticizing is that considering all that's happened, instead of building on what we achieved, we made ourselves weaker, as if last season's achievements were an exception.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Ok, sorry about that. You can't replace adequately players like Tevez and Vidal, though. We have to hope Dybala and Sturaro will be good enough in the long term.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Ok, sorry about that. You can't replace adequately players like Tevez and Vidal, though. We have to hope Dybala and Sturaro will be good enough in the long term.
So we live on hope now? Strong ambition from the management. Good management changes its course of business when reaching important milestones. Last season was a very important one where we got to targets ahead of our schedule but we did not change our business strategies accordingly, we are still looking for bargains and hoping they will succeed.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So we live on hope now? Strong ambition from the management. Good management changes its course of business when reaching important milestones. Last season was a very important one where we got to targets ahead of our schedule but we did not change our business strategies accordingly, we are still looking for bargains and hoping they will succeed.
I didn't bother replying.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Yep, we still need time to be a financially sound team like Bayern. We want it all and we want it now, but we have to do it step by step.

We lost our best striker for free. We sold Vidal for a good fee. We got Khedira, Dybala, Mandzu, Zaza and Rugani and we are looking for an AM. Without a solid investment from Exor this is the best that we can do. And I'm more than happy to support this team and his new cycle full of young and promising players. It's your choice to panic before the end of the mercato, before the season starts and before a series of bad results. Be unhappy, dude. :hi:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
For me the ambitions of this club are clear, they couldn't be more clear, but neither could our financial limitations on the market.

Our spending this season before we even sold Vidal was:
Dybala €32m + €8m
Mandzukic €19m + €2m
Zaza €18m
Pereyra €14m
Khedira €0
Neto €0

Currently we are at about €20m net spend with an eye on the market, and possibly with Llorente sale money.

---------------------------------------

2014-15 our top signings:
Morata €20m
Sturaro €5.5m
Marrone €5m
Evra €1.5m

Our net spend was around €18m.

2013-14 our top signings:
Tevez €9m + €3m
Llorente €0
Ogbonna €13m + €2m

Our net spend was around €10m.

Of course this year we needed bigger signings to replace those leaving, and we were doing fine with that, but then the Vidal sale seems to have skewed perceptions towards the direction of this team, apparently. Personally I think people need to start getting over it. Khedira's injury definitely hasn't helped, but shit happens.

Now I'm just looking at us to spend this money, whatever it is, on someone good enough to play a part this season. Not just to go and fire it on someone for the sake of looking like we mean business. We aren't fricking Liverpool.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Yes but for a top club our spending is embarrassing.

A club who recorded record numbers in the CL last year, then selling their best player for 40 million, not reinvesting that money is poor.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yes but for a top club our spending is embarrassing.

A club who recorded record numbers in the CL last year, then selling their best player for 40 million, not reinvesting that money is poor.
We could end up spending €45-€50m net (that's include Vidal's sale, btw) this season, which is very in line with our typical spending. I know it's not PSG or City spending but we are a lot stricter.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nobody wants us to spend for the sake of spending, like as you mentioned Liverpool. It's obvious for everyone to see that this team is not complete. Unfortunately we've sold a big player and if we don't want to lose a lot of the quality we had, we have to spend money.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
We could end up spending €45-€50m net (that's include Vidal's sale, btw) this season, which is very in line with our typical spending. I know it's not PSG or City spending but we are a lot stricter.
Fair enough, but the Vidal money had to go straight back into the market for me, and it won't. That's unacceptable.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For me the ambitions of this club are clear, they couldn't be more clear, but neither could our financial limitations on the market.

Our spending this season before we even sold Vidal was:
Dybala €32m + €8m
Mandzukic €19m + €2m
Zaza €18m
Pereyra €14m
Khedira €0
Neto €0

Currently we are at about €20m net spend with an eye on the market, and possibly with Llorente sale money.

2014-15 our top signings:
Morata €20m
Sturaro €5.5m
Marrone €5m
Evra €1.5m

Our net spend was around €18m.

2013-14 our top signings:
Tevez €9m + €3m
Llorente €0
Ogbonna €13m + €2m

Our net spend was around €10m.

Of course this year we needed bigger signings to replace those leaving, and we were doing fine with that, but then the Vidal sale seems to have skewed perceptions towards the direction of this team, apparently. Personally I think people need to start getting over it. Khedira's injury definitely hasn't helped, but shit happens.

Now I'm just looking at us to spend this money, whatever it is, on someone good enough to play a part this season. Not just to go and fire it on someone for the sake of looking like we mean business. We aren't fricking Liverpool.
Wondering if I should mention CK but he wouldn't be able to wrap his head around common sense.

Great post :tup:

Especially the "get over it already" part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 129)